Mizbrek Battles the Jaffa of Bacchus

Mizbrek

giphy.gif

“So, you’re the little one who has been giving my Jaffa so much trouble,” the deep, modulated voice said. Mizbrek looked up into a pair of glowing eyes, attached to a huge body. Bacchus wasn’t just obese, he was beyond that.

The Jaffa behind him kicked at the back of his leg. “Kree! Kneel before your God!”

“I was just passing through, oh...um...fulsome one?” Miz said to Bacchus. The goa’uld bristled.

“Our god is simply full figured!” the First Prime barked, backhanding Miz with a metal glove.

“Well, none may pass through our territory without at least one feast.” The goa’uld gestured behind his throne, where a table was laid with pastries, fried food, and decadent desserts.

“You know, I’m actually trying to cut back, so maybe I’ll just head out to the Stargate,” Miz said, getting to his feet.

Bacchus bristled. “None may refuse our hospitality! Jaffa! Kree! Kill the blasphemer!”

Miz rolled back dodging zat and staff blasts. He leapt up, launching back towards a wall, grabbing his own staff off a Jaffa on the way. He caught two of the blasts of his staff, before leaping back against the wall, sweeping one of the guard’s legs out, and swinging a fist around, knocking the wind out of another, before taking off at a flat run. He heard Bacchus huffing, shuffling and roaring behind him as he pounded down the corridor.

“JAFFA! KREE! KREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Lessons From Last Challenge

giphy.gif

Overall last challenge went pretty well! In the time of that challenge I lost around 4 pounds total. For those who followed me, I defeated the Balrog, and earned myself a homebrewing kit! I have yet to purchase that but will share my forays into real life Brewmastery once I do! In terms of what worked, trying to work in the 6 workouts worked well, and allowing myself a variance on every item, not just the food, allowed me some welcome flexibility. In terms of what didn’t, I had a lot of trouble getting up and going by 5:30, and same for 8:30 on weekends, and the reading felt the most like a “chore” (though it’s gotten less so as my book has gotten good again).

Challenge Overview

giphy.gif

This challenge I’ve cut down on a goal by one, with two of them tied to sleep. The overall theme here is to curb my indulgences and stay a bit more focused (hence the battling of Bacchus, this time in the Stargate universe!). Most of these I’ve done before - newspaper, reading NF threads, housework, but the new one I wanted to discuss a bit is the calorie deficit.

I use an Apple Watch to track my heartrate at pretty much all times, and I log everything I eat into MFP. Through this and based on what it estimates my TDEE to be I have a running total at any given time of my calorie deficit for the day. Right now it’s sitting at 1909, for example, which makes sense, as I’ve worked out, had breakfast and lunch, and done a fair bit of walking today. So as a bit of an experiment, instead of saying my calories will be X or I’ll workout Y times, I’m instead saying that I’m going to aim for a 500-1000 calorie deficit, based on this tracking.

Now I know some of you will remind me these things are notoriously inaccurate, and that’s fair. I will say I’ve also been using a spreadsheet designed by a couple fitness gurus to track my TDEE based on weight and calories over the last 15 weeks or so, and the numbers do work. So this is an experiment, to be sure, and I reserve the right to change this mid-challenge if it’s not working! The goal here mostly is to push activity, particularly on the weekends, and to make me “earn” my calories as best I can. Not to say I plan to eat back everything, but mostly to shift my mindset a bit, and to try a less regimented approach.

Challenge Goals

giphy.gif

15 min newspaper reading per day

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week)

Read 3 NF threads per day

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays

One variance per week for each. For the Calorie Deficit goal, maintenance is the ideal variance.

Loot

giphy.gif

150 Jaffa Defeated - New pair of shoes

75 Jaffa Defeated - New Apple Watch Band

Less than 50 Jaffa Defeated - Miz has to clean the garage in one day!

Tracking

Instead of counting down this time around, Miz will be counting the Jaffa he defeats to escape from Bacchus’s Ha’tak!* Planning to start roughly tracking this week, with 

I hope you all will join me on this adventure through the Stargate!

giphy.gif

*He won’t be killing them because the Jaffa are an indoctrinated slave race and many do not know any better, and many yearn for freedom!

• Like 2

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Fun story as always! I've found that experimenting helps my mindset and often gives me more insight into what works.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 2017-06-30 at 9:19 PM, Elastigirl said:

Fun story as always! I've found that experimenting helps my mindset and often gives me more insight into what works.

Thanks! It definitely helps keep me interested!

Didn't realize initially the challenge didn't start til next week but I'll be doing a soft start this week! Fell off the wagon a bit this weekend, as it was a long one here and a stressful week at work. Hoping this week will calm down a bit! I'll have a bigger update in the next day or two, haven't really been tracking too carefully the last couple days!

Instagram

Following :)

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Following :)

Thanks! Glad to see you again!

Same as last time around I'll be updating the day after, so not much to report today. Yesterday was not a great day, and my weight continued to tick up a bit, but I'm back on track and back to work today, so feeling much better on that. Going to poke around some threads today though!

Instagram

giphy.gif

Anxiety is kicking my ass a bit today. Had to deal with some financial stuff this morning and it kicked it into high gear. Grrrr. I'm better at dealing with it. The meds are helping, I think, and I have some better strategies, but it's still sitting there at the back of my mind. Bahhhh.

Ah well. Yesterday went well and we're starting our count, ladies, gents and Jaffa!

15 min newspaper reading per day - Check! Read it in the morning actually which was nice, and a bit more when I got home.

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Check! Prepared some bottles for recycling and cooked dinner!

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Yup, was at about 750 at the end of the day.

Read 3 NF threads per day - Fewer threads yet since things haven't "officially" started yet, but still reading what's coming up!

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Managed this pretty well yesterday, got up and going in good time. Did a morning interval run!

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - Around 10:40, but within the margin of error!

giphy.gif

6 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Instagram

Today's continued to be a bad anxiety day, unfortunately, but I'm kinda seeing the end of it I think. Coming with some ideas of some new projects to take my mind off it and maybe reinvigorate myself I think. Really lean into the whole Brewmaster identity I've kinda developed thanks to my time with you fine folks. Still a work in progress but I'm working on it!

15 min newspaper reading per day - Spread over the day yesterday but I am finding myself enjoying this a fair bit!

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Ran some errands outside the house yesterday, which was helpful!

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - About 750 again, though some saltier stuff which I think pushed my weight up a bit. Grr.

Read 3 NF threads per day - Read and commented where I could add something! I try not to comment where I don't really have anything to add.

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Failed at this yesterday at 5:45 or so. We've had some issues with the cats. Actually kind of a funny one. The cats are usually locked outside the bedroom door while we sleep, while the dog sleeps with us. They often cry at the door a bit but settle after a bit. This has been fine for the last 3 years, but all of a sudden the cats crying bugs the hell out of the dog. It's kinda like it scares her, she paws at me and wakes me up to try and get my attention. So the cats have been allowed to sleep in bed with us the last few nights, which we're still getting used to.

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - Around 10:40 again, within the margin of error. I'm giving myself more of a margin here partly because this is a bit more out of my control - I can do my best but there can be issues with the cats, or other stuff that keeps me up late, whereas the morning is all on me. 

giphy.gif

11 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Instagram

How are you going? Im hanging out for Brewmaster updates :)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

3 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

How are you going? Im hanging out for Brewmaster updates :)

giphy.gif

Haha love that gif! Hello! Will do my best to share what I can!

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Found ya!  

Hi!  

Hello hello! Welcome back!

Just a quick update to say the weekend didn't go well. My anxiety is flaring up, I had a bit too much to drink and made some bad food choices. But I do feel like I have a better handle on things, and I'm hoping this week will yield a better weekend, or at least I can bank a bit more. That's one thing I think I've realized in terms of weight loss and better habits is you never really fix them, or are finished with them. It's a constant battle to stay focused, keep better, etc. I still made good choices for breakfasts, and better choices overall than I would have in the past. I exercised one day, and did reading and housework. I'm going to skip giving myself points as I ate waaaaaaaay over my calories, but still gotta celebrate the victories where you can!

• Like 2

Instagram

Sorry about the anxiety.  Nice that you have a solid habit of good breakfasts. My husband eats bacon and eggs almost every morning. I think just having the one thing really helps the automatic good choice habit.

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about the anxiety.  Nice that you have a solid habit of good breakfasts. My husband eats bacon and eggs almost every morning. I think just having the one thing really helps the automatic good choice habit.

Absolutely does! I have stuff meal prepped for breakfast and lunch for the next week or so and I'm excited for it! I used to do bacon and eggs but the burritos allow me a lot more time in the morning which is great!

23 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Hey, sorry to hear the anxiety is flaring up. You're absolutely right, celebrating the victories when you can is the right way to go. Hope things get better soon for you, Miz. 

Thanks! Doing better today which is nice. It's one of those things where I think it tends to flare up when I feel a bit out of control, like when my eating habits are off, like last weekend. Whereas with my habits more in check today, I feel much better.

Yesterday I did pretty well overall. Off on a couple habits, but I got back on track food and exercise wise, so I feel okay about it! Anxiety has been beaten back a bit, which is good. Though work stress is coming back with a vengeance! But I'm hopeful I can buckle down and knock a good chunk off after lunch (especially since my boss is out for a lot of the afternoon!).

15 min newspaper reading per day - This has tended to be split between morning and lunch, which is perfectly fine. Nice to keep up on current events. I go with the Economist or the Globe and Mail, whatever speaks to me at the time.

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Braved Costco!

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Around 650-700 yesterday, which is good. 

Read 3 NF threads per day - Read and liked!

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Failed at this one again. Definitely having some trouble with this. I'm sleeping better and have mostly gotten used to having the cats around, but still tough. Hopeful I can get to bed earlier tonight and get back on track with this one.

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - Missed this one as well. I just wanted to relax a bit and watch some Stargate. Ended up having some issues loading it onto my iPad, stayed up far too late fiddling with that, but got it done, then stayed up too late watching it! Ah well.

giphy.gif

15 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Instagram

Alright, back on track a bit yesterday! Mostly. Still struggling to get up in the morning, but got to bed earlier (but then struggled today too!). Hoping I can lick this particular one.

15 min newspaper reading per day - Read the whole Globe yesterday which was great. I skim a lot but I still take in what interests me.

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - No big things, just managing a few little chores.

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Around 650 again yesterday. Need to watch the liquid calories I think. Wasn't helped by doing a bit of a lighter workout, playing with some different exercises to find out what worked. But still counts! 

Read 3 NF threads per day - Read a few and found one or two I'd missed!

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Definitely struggling with this one. I might take a long rest day on the weekend. This could also be a side effect of my new meds - I'm just now really at the point where they're starting to take effect, so that's possible too. Something to watch for. I don't feel particularly fatigued during the day, I'm just struggling to get up.

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - Made this last night, or around 10 minutes late I believe, but still pretty good!

giphy.gif

20 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

• Like 3

Instagram

I'm not a napper however, I have already warned my hubby that today I plan on a nap!  Getting up early is hard and naps sometime need to happen!  Take care of yourself.  If its caused by the meds and they are working you just have to adjust and figure out what works best for you.  You got this!  

Of course I could send some help...

Disney-Snow-White-Villain-Evil-Queen-2.g

• Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: FULL CUP

3 hours ago, Terra said:

I'm not a napper however, I have already warned my hubby that today I plan on a nap!  Getting up early is hard and naps sometime need to happen!  Take care of yourself.  If its caused by the meds and they are working you just have to adjust and figure out what works best for you.  You got this!  

Of course I could send some help...

haha, thanks Terra! I've had a couple other side effects which makes me wonder if I may need an adjustment, but it's definitely a process. It's also hard to know what's in my head and what's an actual side effect (course I guess it's all in my head, haha).

Had a bit of a rough couple days. Just work stress really, but it leave me spent at the end of the night. However yesterday was better - controlled my calories, got to bed early, drank lots of water and rewarded with my weight ticking down today! I'm 0.7 off from a new low now, which is lovely. And today's been pretty solid so far, so we'll see.

15 min newspaper reading per day - Morning and at lunch. Not bad!

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Fixed our toilet which had been broken for a while. Actually took closer to an hour probably when all was said and done!

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Around 650 again yesterday. I do think this is helping me - the lower count yesterday inspired me to work harder this morning at my workout. Yesterday's workout was lighter and late as well. Still as long as I'm staying above 500 and logging everything I should be good. If not, may need to adjust (or trust the Watch less). 

Read 3 NF threads per day - Done and done!

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Was very late yesterday, unfortunately. So no points on this one.

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - This one I managed within my variance of 10-15 minutes. Slept better because of it!

giphy.gif

25 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

• Like 3

Instagram

Not a great day today. Anxiety is kicking my ass a bit and making me feel a bit hopeless. But it is Friday, and I have a lovely weekend at home planned. And in the mean time, it's been a good day challenge wise!

15 min newspaper reading per day - Morning and at lunch again.

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Took out the garbages and collected them from around the house!

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Closer to 800 yesterday which was good. Though weight ticked up a tiny bit today, but that's alright.

Read 3 NF threads per day - Done and done!

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Up in good time yesterday, so winning on this one.

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - And again by about 10:40, which is good. 

giphy.gif

31 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

• Like 3

Instagram

I feel ya on the anxiety - my house has been a yawning pit of anxiety for weeks - deep breaths, look forward, and keep 1 foot going in front of the other. You'll get through this. 

• Like 2

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On July 14, 2017 at 1:06 PM, darkfoxx said:

I feel ya on the anxiety - my house has been a yawning pit of anxiety for weeks - deep breaths, look forward, and keep 1 foot going in front of the other. You'll get through this. 

Good to know I'm not alone in that! I'm trying my best to stay in the moment, remember that nothing in permanent, and not worry too much about the future. A lot of my anxiety is about past mistakes and how they'll effect my future (spoiler alert, a lot of it is related to debt, but realistically it goes deeper than that and is a persistent anxiety issue that just shifts its targets based on whatever is going on in my life). So I'm doing my best to remember that all is well for now and, realistically, unless something catastrophic happens, all will be well in the future.

So a decent day yesterday. I typed a lot of this earlier and my computer crashed, so may be a bit shorter! All in all made mostly good choices but missed on a couple things due to a pretty severe and long anxiety attack, plus some work stress. Let's get down to it!

15 min newspaper reading per day - Did some in the morning briefly but never finished, so calling this one a miss.

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Counting driving around and helping out at my parents for this. We were there for dinner last night and didn't get home til later, so not much time to do much of this!

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Around 650 yesterday. Kinda proud of this because we had dessert and I had a few drinks, but tried my best to choose well (smaller glasses of wine vs big beers). And didn't ask for a large piece of pie at dessert!

Read 3 NF threads per day - Missed this one yesterday! Lost track of time at work and over lunch!

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Missed again yesterday. Bah. But I did download a new app where if you don't get up by a certain time you destroy a small little fictional building, called SleepTown, and you can build a small city with good streaks. Gonna try it on Sunday night. Should be helpful I hope!

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - Weekend, so this one is a freebie! But still in bed in decent time, so calling it a win.

giphy.gif

34 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

• Like 4

Instagram

1 hour ago, Mizbrek said:

persistent anxiety issue that just shifts its targets based on whatever is going on in my life

Sometimes my anxiety focuses on mistakes in my past that have absolutely zero affect on my present life or circumstances. I hate it but I can't stop it when I start. 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

2 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

A lot of my anxiety is about past mistakes and how they'll effect my future (spoiler alert, a lot of it is related to debt, but realistically it goes deeper than that and is a persistent anxiety issue that just shifts its targets based on whatever is going on in my life).

It's good that you recognise that it goes deeper than whatever the current focus is on. Now that BreakPoint's done, my brain just loves to throw up anxieties over driving, and being a proper, road legal driver and coping with real life traffic. It's a pain, but recogising that it's just a current manifestation of a deeper, unrelated issue does help, because it makes it easier to argue against it in my brain. Doesn't stop it, but helps slightly. And yes, my mind is a weird place where not only do I talk to myself, but sometimes have full blown conversations and arguments with whoever 'me' is (as opposed to the other me who's arguing with 'me')... ;) 

Hopefully, the meds will help. Have you been using your mantras at all lately?

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: Rhovaniel looks Inwards, to change Outwards

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

On 7/15/2017 at 3:21 PM, jonfirestar said:

Sometimes my anxiety focuses on mistakes in my past that have absolutely zero affect on my present life or circumstances. I hate it but I can't stop it when I start. 

Ugh I hear you. I'm working on stopping it when it starts now personally. It's been easier with my meds, but still not easy. Part of it is this belief that I deserve to feel bad due to my past mistakes, and how they'll effect my future. Working on getting past that.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:17 PM, Rhovaniel said:

It's good that you recognise that it goes deeper than whatever the current focus is on. Now that BreakPoint's done, my brain just loves to throw up anxieties over driving, and being a proper, road legal driver and coping with real life traffic. It's a pain, but recogising that it's just a current manifestation of a deeper, unrelated issue does help, because it makes it easier to argue against it in my brain. Doesn't stop it, but helps slightly. And yes, my mind is a weird place where not only do I talk to myself, but sometimes have full blown conversations and arguments with whoever 'me' is (as opposed to the other me who's arguing with 'me')... ;) 

Hopefully, the meds will help. Have you been using your mantras at all lately?

It's very true! It's all much deeper and really has nothing to do with any current situation. And I have! One of the ones that's helped me is to say "is this useful?" The idea here is not to say that my concerns and anxiety isn't valid, but the idea of like...is worrying over it again and again and again useful?

Not the best day yesterday, though Saturday wasn't too bad. I always have trouble on weekends. I did try my hand at homebrewing which was fun! Though I get the sense I screwed it up, but hopefully it should still turn out okay. But I overate, overindulged in drink, and even went out for ice cream at one point, and didn't exercise. So just overall not my best day. No real one reason. Anxiety had calmed. I don't know, really. I think lately I've felt a bit stuck at around the 197-200 mark and like I can't get much lower. Thinking about how best to push past that. I mean I know how to. I lose progress on the weekends, so I need to be better there. Maybe try and get out to the driving range or something else to keep myself busy. Maybe more homebrewing! We will see. Covering Saturday and Sunday here.

15 min newspaper reading per day - Yes on Saturday, no on Sunday, so bit of a mixed bag.

20 min housework per weekday/1h housework per weekend day - Yes on both days, helping out with laundry and running errands.

Stay on 500-1000 calorie deficit based on AW per day (7000 per week) - Yes on Saturday, thanks to a good workout and a healthy dinner, but no on Sunday, thanks to lots of drinks and ice cream at the end. The ice cream was good, but it was a semi-drunken random decision, so I do regret it a bit.

Read 3 NF threads per day - Yes on Saturday, no on Sunday. Are we noticing a pattern here?

Out of bed by 5:30 weekdays/9am weekends - Funnily enough this one is no on Saturday, but yes on Sunday. Kali woke me up early for a walk on Sunday so I ended up just getting up not long after.

In bed with devices off by 10:30 weekdays - Weekend on Saturday, so freebie there, and got to bed in good time on Sunday.

giphy.gif

41 Jaffa Defeated!!

Loot

Also, sharing my attempted brew! Didn't work out perfectly but was a neat experience!

• Like 2

Instagram

So amazing that you brewed your own beer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mizbrek said:

I did try my hand at homebrewing which was fun! Though I get the sense I screwed it up

I really want to try doing this myself. I wouldn't worry too much if your first batch doesn't come out perfect, it's a first attempt. Part of the fun of a hobby and a craft is to hone and improve it. 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

So amazing that you brewed your own beer!

Thanks! Excited to get into this and start creating some of my own blends, but for now just sticking to kits and the like, until I understand things a bit better!

2 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I really want to try doing this myself. I wouldn't worry too much if your first batch doesn't come out perfect, it's a first attempt. Part of the fun of a hobby and a craft is to hone and improve it. 

Very true! And what I've heard is that it's very forgiving - generally unless you get a batch infected it comes out drinkable. With this one I may have boiled off too much, which just means it might be a bit too strong or alcoholic. Which, really, doesn't seem like a BAD thing per se...

Instagram