Starpuck, "I haven't quit! Anime'd it this Far!"

Starpuck

"I look toward the goal, the destination of what began my journey here.    It's often clouded; a fuzzy, intangible thing that I strive for... ever changing and always, seemingly, out of reach.    I stopped to think about this today and realized that my constant focus on the pinnacle has distracted me from seeing just how far I've climbed.   For over three years I have been championing a better lifestyle than I have in any of the years leading up to that point.    It has not always been leaps and strides, but even the slips have been recovered, over and over again, for all this time.    I will keep going!   I am NOT going to stop.  So I may not know what mountain peak I am even aiming for right now... but I do know I want to reach higher today than I did yesterday.  Maybe... just maybe, I need to get to the top of this mountain, to see past the clouds at what my next target is!"

It's no mystery I love anime, and one of my favorite archetypes is the hero that has to struggle past his own demons.   I love watching them battle their own flaws and weaknesses, and slowly overcome everything with their never give up attitude.   It inspires me so much!   A friend once told me, 'Stop just looking up to these heroes and BECOME one.'    And so, going forward, I am going to be facing my demons and faults with glaring openness and striving toward bold actions against them.   I'm going to need the support of my teammates on this, because my determination falters when things don't go according to plan.

TRAINING GOALS

What I want:  Invisible Stair Pull Ups

How do I get it:  Strength work!

Summer means lots of hockey, outdoor desires and bike riding.   I will also be taking a vacation with my bike this year, that includes biking the roads of Theodore Roosevelt N.P.   I need to be in good biking shape for that.    That means other things are going to shift off the board.  Namely, running.    Between bike riding and hockey, I have enough on the cardio list.  I can take walks if I want, but JUST WALKS.   Not even weighted walks.

Plan:   Be active 6 days a week, any combination, but, no less than 2 days of strength training!   Pull Ups will not improve if approached halfheartedly. 

Challenge Length, 4 weeks ||  Activity 24 || Strength Specific 8-12 ||

tumblr_nbcr89D7FD1rnt72lo2_500.gif    

NOURISHMENT GOALS

What I want:  To be in general good health.

How do I get it:  Choosing natural foods, and eating enough of it to fuel my lifestyle.

I was doing really well with eating to appropriate caloric targets during the first two weeks of the last challenge.   (Which meant eating way more than I typically had.)  For the first time in 9 months, I dipped below the 150 mark!!  When I got sick, all activity halted, and so I stopped tracking and just ate my usual stuff, but cut down portions or some of the extra snacks.   I have, surprisingly, stayed below that 150 target despite the shift in everything.    I want to maintain this better approach on food.

Plan:   Two options.

1 - Track food, aim for TDEE -15% on workout days, -25% on rest days and try to get at least 130g protein per day.

2 - Don't track food, choose cleaner, less processed items, eat until satisfied.

Pros of 1, I will know if I am eating enough and I can target specific macros.  Cons of 1, Ugh, not tracking has been sooo nice.

Pros of 2, Less stress could equal more progress.  Cons of 2, I could end up eating far LESS than I should be and screw up my already tortured metabolism.

Haven't figured out which way to go on this yet.  

457f5e8334daffe2fda11368bb709133.gif

CREATIVITY GOALS

What I want:  Shadow clones, so I can do all these wonderful things without letting one or another falter!  Ok, seriously though.   My art.   I am so proud of how far I've come, and how long I've stuck to it.   It can only get better from here, even if right now I feel like it's slipping.   I want to get better at art, because I really enjoy bringing characters to life visually.

How do I get it:  Stop coasting.   Take the time to invest in things that will teach me actual techniques; get books, take online lessons, visit how-to sites and go through tutorials on the programs I have.   

What else do I want:  D&D Work:  I've taken on the mantle of DM'ing and I am loving it.   There is so much more I can do and learn to become a better DM, so time to put the work in.

How do I get that?:  For starters, stop being a vehement anti-reader.   Read the PHB and DMG.   Just do it.    A few pages a day and it will be no time before I've at least read through the whole thing.   Spend some time each week prepping for your game so that it doesn't feel overwhelming right before game day.

Plan:   Continue to work on art endeavors, aiming for 4 days a week, 1 of which should be some kind of tutorial or lesson.   ||  Prep for my D&D game at least 2 hours per week, begin reading the books in full, aiming for 5 pages a day.  **Can adjust to accommodate weight of plates and intensity of spinning.

Challenge Length, 4 weeks ||  Art 16 days; 4 Lessons/Tutorials || D&D Prep 18 hours; 150 pages read.  ||

4e480ab24d1b7fe83e02e19db6e1babc.gif

MENTAL GOALS

What I want:  To conquer my fears!

How do I get it:  By facing choices, making decisions, and sticking to them.

Guys- I am thinking, again, about trying to move out.   This whole thing terrifies me because of what it involves, what it means, and what could happen as a result of it.    I will get into it more as the challenge progresses, but this will be the BIGGEST decision in my life thus far and it is terrifying!!       I am terrified by decisions because I am a 'smooth pond' type person.  I don't like ripples, I like things nice and calm and routine and happy.   I don't like to shake the boat, even if that shaking comes from raising a sail to chase some dream or opportunity.    I'm not sure, but I think that maybe, making decisions and learning how to be courageous, comes from ... making decisions and seeing that life goes on whether they were good or bad or in between.   So.   I need to challenge myself to try things.

Regardless of whether or not I pull the rip cord on this jump, I need to start getting my bigger finances in order.   I waste a lot of money right now because I can.   I rent a room in my sister's house, so the monthly rent is dirt cheap.  That allows me extra money to spend on crap just about whenever I want.    I am not STUPID with money, I am just in a place where I don't have to think about it.  

Plan:  Make a budget.  Stick to the budget.    Write down things I want and hold off a week before buying anything that is not a necessity.  If after a week I still want it, see if I have saved enough allowance money for it.    Practice 'fake mortgage' payment into savings account.

7eb0dff21e0f747fead4ae17bb7c0d1a.jpg

So, there's a lot going on, but not a lot of very trackable goals here.   There's a storm coming and I am terrified the power is going to fail before I post this and I'll lose all this work, so I will tidy up the thread later!    Let me end this with some inspiration from two of my favorite guys!

tumblr_nhie3hmzxW1qjmob6o1_500.jpg   7abd458db6b08a26556d18bae5eea9f1.png

Edit, Monday 7/3 -- Forget that 5 week plan... I can't even tell what day it is right now!

• Like 10

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRST!

And can I just say that I absolutely LOVE your pun in your title? Puns make me so happy... all the puns!

pun-of-your-favorite-anime_o_2737885.jpg

Following, of course! You got this! You'll get over your sick soon enough! 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Now that I've actually read your challenge after being excited to be first and include a pun... 

I'm excited to see more of your artwork. As you stated in your challenge, you can only get better with mindful practice and learning from observation and other studying efforts. 

Moar D&D!!! YES!

I think moving out is a good goal to shoot for. Having your own place, I think, will be worth it in the end. Definitely saving money is a good investment of time and effort. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

You have some great goals once again. As always I'm looking forward to seeing any art you post.

Also.... I live vicariously through your D&D storytime posts and always love to see new updates :)

Following obviously!!

• Like 2

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

'm not sure, but I think that maybe, making decisions and learning how to be courageous, comes from ... making decisions and seeing that life goes on whether they were good or bad or in between.   So.   I need to challenge myself to try things.

This is so true. I went through a lot of life being overly cautious, afraid of making the wrong decision, and so not doing anything. Giving myself the freedom to make wrong decisions was a life changer for me.

• Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This is so true. I went through a lot of life being overly cautious, afraid of making the wrong decision, and so not doing anything. Giving myself the freedom to make wrong decisions was a life changer for me.

This ^^^. It's hard. The way I look at it though is that I would rather take a chance and make a mistake than do nothing and remain stagnant.

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Following of course, for the awesome pull-ups, and the awesome art, and the awesome D&D stories, and the terrible, terrible puns :P (seriously, I love the puns). (My phone autocorrected that to pubs, which is horribly telling.)

I think moving out when you can would be really good for you to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Also, it'll be so nice to have your own place.

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

It's just the off week.   And I am actually using the first week as an off week - mostly because... I am still not better!  

It will be 3 weeks on Saturday for the sinus, sore throat turned ear infection, non stop post nasal drip bullshit.    I am not so bad off as to be stuck miserable in bed, but I am bad enough to feel meh and not happy with life in general.   The ear (right) has been blocked for 2 weeks now and now the left ear is starting to hurt, and I developed another sore throat on the left side this morning.   Not happy.    My finger, which woke me with weird pain two nights ago, slowly improved through the day yesterday, and this morning, seems to show more improvement, so that's good.     But yeah, the rest is still very ugh.    I think I will see how I feel on Saturday.   My company has Monday off, so if on Saturday I am worse or have new symptoms, I will try and get in on Monday.

I opted to NOT workout today, since I woke up with a new set of sinus symptoms, rest and letting the body deal with that seemed the better option.    Tonight is NOT D&D because our GM and two of the players are all in Florida having summer fun times!    Instead, me and the other two players will be playing some Don't Starve Together.

Things I need to do to get ready for starting up the challenge on Monday:

• Create my BuJo - make it awesome and organized!
  • Find a strength program to follow, pull ups must be in it!
  • Create a budget, determine what method to keep track of spending.
  • Figure out a daily schedule so that I can do certain things at certain times, and not feel behind the 8-ball all the time.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Yeah, that sickness is lasting a long time and seems to be getting worse rather than better... I'm thinking it's doctor time. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

This looks like a fantastic challenge! But I'm curious, are you going to live on your own or with friends?

Well if nothing else, just know that this world is made of...

https://goo.gl/images/daeJgS

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 6/29/2017 at 8:25 PM, Red1263 said:

This looks like a fantastic challenge! But I'm curious, are you going to live on your own or with friends?

Well if nothing else, just know that this world is made of...

https://goo.gl/images/daeJgS

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I love cowboy bebop, it's one of my favourites.

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Holiday weekends make for two things.

Terrible starts to new challenges, and keeping up with threads here!      I edited my challenge to be a 4 week long one, and I am going to just try and rein things in this week.     As it is now, I have had the whole day off and haven't done much of anything, other than wash the hockey gear, spray paint some tiles to turn into a dungeon and sit here saying "I should be working on my D&D game."    Maybe I just needed a chill and do whatev day.   Who knows!

Maybe if I get my arse in gear now, I can get some stuff done.

Or maybe I feel like working on my new Jaiks pic.  (And it seems likely that the Star Wars game will be coming to an end, so I better finish it before the inspiration source is gone.)

I will catch up with you all soon!

• Like 3

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Had a great holiday weekend and while my ear is not back to 100%, the pressure is mostly gone -there just seems to be some still, slightly muffled hearing in some instances.     I had a fantastic dinner tonight that I went no holds barred on.   Tomorrow, back to work, back to routine, back to badassery.     I still need to get my BuJo set up for this short week, and in the very least, plot out my still crazy days.

Tomorrow (Wed.) - Hockey after work.

Thur. - D&D after a week's long break!  So excited.

Fri. - Long ass drive after work to celebrate sister in law's birthday with an at home Painting Party.

Sat. - Theoretically, free and unplanned.

Sun. - Church, possibly hockey, possibly gaming after that.     

Then back to full week grinds.    Also, July is hell month at work because there is not a single day that we have our whole crew.   In a front office that runs off of 10 people, we're missing 2-3 for the entire month.  Brutal!

But, I did do a thing between yesterday and tonight... I finished Jaiks: Bloodied and Angry.    She is currently fighting against a dark side force user in this pic, and every time she goes to strike him with her saber, he commands a minion trooper to jump in the way and die for him.   (As someone who grew up in Nar Shaddaa, fighting the bullies who preyed on the weak, this is a sure fire way to earn her wrath!)     Well, she force pushes all of his support guards away from him, and so he takes out his vibro sword and manages a critical hit across her forehead.     And that's pretty much where the pic comes in.      I am super happy with the turn in art again; last few pics I was really not happy with and this one I am much more satisfied with!

jaiks_blood_and_anger_by_lilwolfe006-dbf

• Like 8

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

WOW OH MY GOSH!

it looks amazing.

<3 <3 <3

I'm glad you're taking the extra week, and I'm glad that you are embracing your "weaknesses" and demons, or as I like to think of them as "minor strengths" and "secret weapons."

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Whoa that picture looks amazing!! So much emotion in her pose and expression - and I love reading the background story for the scenario that she's in!!!!!

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

Following for incredible art, for awesome goals, and for general fabulousness!!

Also, just a little note about moving out - I'm just approaching my one-year anniversary of moving out, and while the transition was even more difficult than I thought it would be (in terms of general anxiety, stressing about all the new bills and responsibilities, adjusting to getting myself where I needed and wanted to go, etc.), now that I have adjusted, there is so much I love about having my own place. I can decorate and furnish it however I like, I can set my own routine, I can have people over whenever I want, I can cook (or not cook!) as I please - there is a lot that's harder, sure, like managing bills and dealing with a communal washer and neighbors that smoke in the apartment building, but there's a lot that's awesome about having your very own nest to retreat to at the end of the day. If you ever want to talk about what it's like to adjust to moving out, or at least what it was like for me, I'd be glad to talk with you more about my experiences! :) 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

On 6/28/2017 at 4:22 PM, Starpuck said:

Read the PHB and DMG.   Just do it.

I'm not sure, but I think that maybe, making decisions and learning how to be courageous, comes from ... making decisions and seeing that life goes on whether they were good or bad or in between.  

Wait wait wait.  So you're a badass DM with players chomping at the bit to play again, and you've never read the PHB?!?!?!?!?!?!?  I'm seriously in awe over here.  You are my hero.  I want to play Starpuck in a game of D&D now.  No joke.  

Also, to this second point, I'm tellin' ya: take improv classes!!!!  You could learn so so so much from it, and it's crazy fun to boot.  

On 7/4/2017 at 8:21 PM, Starpuck said:

jaiks_blood_and_anger_by_lilwolfe006-dbf

Holy crap, that is awesome!!  The arm looks perfect, and the blood really sells it.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

On 7/5/2017 at 0:31 PM, karinajean said:

WOW OH MY GOSH!

it looks amazing.

<3 <3 <3

I'm glad you're taking the extra week, and I'm glad that you are embracing your "weaknesses" and demons, or as I like to think of them as "minor strengths" and "secret weapons."

Hello my dear!  It is so good to see you!    And thank you for the :applause: on the pic!  

18 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Whoa that picture looks amazing!! So much emotion in her pose and expression - and I love reading the background story for the scenario that she's in!!!!!

Thanks!  That's the next thing I am trying to work on- getting more emotion in the pics.    Hehe, as a fellow rebel, I'm glad you dig reading the info on the character/game.   Sadly, it looks like our SW game will be ending soon.     I wonder- does Jaiks give in and go darkside to wrap it up?  Or conquer that temptation and go all light?

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Following for incredible art, for awesome goals, and for general fabulousness!!

Also, just a little note about moving out - I'm just approaching my one-year anniversary of moving out, and while the transition was even more difficult than I thought it would be (in terms of general anxiety, stressing about all the new bills and responsibilities, adjusting to getting myself where I needed and wanted to go, etc.), now that I have adjusted, there is so much I love about having my own place. I can decorate and furnish it however I like, I can set my own routine, I can have people over whenever I want, I can cook (or not cook!) as I please - there is a lot that's harder, sure, like managing bills and dealing with a communal washer and neighbors that smoke in the apartment building, but there's a lot that's awesome about having your very own nest to retreat to at the end of the day. If you ever want to talk about what it's like to adjust to moving out, or at least what it was like for me, I'd be glad to talk with you more about my experiences! :) 

Thank you for this!   If I do move out, it's likely going to be with my two bestest guy friends.  (I already hang at their house non stop.)    They live in a not super updated area, with no heat/AC (in CHICAGO!?) so they are looking to update and move into a more proper house, with a yard.  So I wont be totally on my own, but at this point- that might be a good thing hah.  For one, less scary noise panic/solitude woes!  But also, learning how to make new compromises and work with others is something I feel like lately, I might be losing some skill on.   I'm kinda used to doing things my way with not worry about who else needs to get in on the doing. :P  

1 hour ago, Oramac said:

Wait wait wait.  So you're a badass DM with players chomping at the bit to play again, and you've never read the PHB?!?!?!?!?!?!?  I'm seriously in awe over here.  You are my hero.  I want to play Starpuck in a game of D&D now.  No joke.  

Also, to this second point, I'm tellin' ya: take improv classes!!!!  You could learn so so so much from it, and it's crazy fun to boot.  

Holy crap, that is awesome!!  The arm looks perfect, and the blood really sells it.  

I .... I always joke by saying, "the worse part of it all is I never learned to read!" - because I am so bad about reading just to read.   I used to love reading, but now, my creating, which involves writing, tends to trump my time/interest in reading.    So I've read the parts of the PHB that have pertained to classes/races I've played.   But yeah, full up reading through it, or the DMG?  Nope.  Never have.  Granted, I've played in 3 different 5e games already, over the span of ... well as soon as it came out.   And I had years of 3.5 training to build from.    But I think I would benefit from reading them now!

Thanks on the pic.  You did help me hone in on the beginning tweaks!

And yes, Improv IS something I want to check out.

• Like 3

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Thank you for this!   If I do move out, it's likely going to be with my two bestest guy friends.  (I already hang at their house non stop.)    They live in a not super updated area, with no heat/AC (in CHICAGO!?) so they are looking to update and move into a more proper house, with a yard.  So I wont be totally on my own, but at this point- that might be a good thing hah.  For one, less scary noise panic/solitude woes!  But also, learning how to make new compromises and work with others is something I feel like lately, I might be losing some skill on.   I'm kinda used to doing things my way with not worry about who else needs to get in on the doing. :P  

That actually would be a lot better - I live with two of my siblings in an apartment, and it's been a good balance between renegotiating compromises between three adults who are trying to stretch their wings, having lots more space and time of my own, and also having people there to split chores, scary late-night investigations, and so on. :)  Again, feel free to quote or PM me if you'd like to know more - but I think you've totally got it!!

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Work was too busy to get into the nitty gritty of my prep for next game.   In my efforts to not railroad them, and having bits of a plan for all potential ideas...

W1RBw9W.jpg

Now I just have to flesh out (a little at least) ALL those avenues!!

08f444f794263446bf10c3a29f4f3588.gif

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Thanks!  That's the next thing I am trying to work on- getting more emotion in the pics.    Hehe, as a fellow rebel, I'm glad you dig reading the info on the character/game.   Sadly, it looks like our SW game will be ending soon.     I wonder- does Jaiks give in and go darkside to wrap it up?  Or conquer that temptation and go all light?

Haha RPs are great ways to find inspiration to draw things out of the typical comfort zone, aren't they?

And I would love to hear more about Jaiks and the campaign you're playing - I catch bits and pieces browsing through your thread but I'm sure I've missed quite a bit of detail. Like what era is your campaign? (and which of the SW tabletop rpgs is your campaign based on??)

No joke, reading your thread makes me miss my old D&D group (though my brother just started playing over skype with his university friends so I'm also feeling nostalgic listening to him talk about their campaign)

tumblr_obss4m9uz71vsuqy8o1_500.png

Also.... dice shaming just made my day. 

• Like 3

THE STORY OF THE INTIMIDATED STALAGMITE!

Our party is in the midst of exploring a house and its surrounding compound.    We came in through the basement which was flooded with both water, and then spiders.  As we worked our way up, we fought more and and more spiders, until finally, we defeated the queen!     We move further into the next area and come into a cavern like area.   In the middle of the cavern is a fat stalagmite.

Stalagmite%201.jpgdbadaada-54b5-477b-b9c

Richard (half elf bard):   Is this a natural cavern or carved out by man?

Nirrak (dwarf fighter):   Oh this was a little bit of both, started out natural, but it's been helped along by tools.

Kessa (me, human rogue/ranger):  I'm going to look around, see if there are any doors or traps along the walls and stuff.

Riggins (halfling warlock):  I'll do that too.

Naoya (aasimar sorcerer with an Int of 7):   I'm going to go up to that stalagmite and just be really intimidating to it!   (rolls a 27 on his check!)

"Yeah you listen here rock!  You better mind your own business, or else!"

We all laugh!

And then the DM asks him, "Did you really do that?"  -- "Yeah, I'm totally scaring that rock into place!  I mean, what else is there for Naoya to do right now, lol!)

The GM gets his book out, rolls a die and looks up.  "Okay, there seems to be nothing going on in this room, and the doorway to the next area looks clear.     Naoya, you're pretty sure you see that rock flinch as you walk past."

We're all like ... wait what?  Did he really intimidate that rock!?

GM says, "He intimidated what LOOKED like a rock!"

roperpaint1.jpg

IT WAS A ROPER!!!  And he totally scared the crap out of it without even knowing it!

Oh man, that is classic D&D.

• Like 5

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler