• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rebel Pilot Gar

[Rebel Pilot Gar] Subtle Maneuvers

Mission Log: Subtle Maneuvers

At first it really threw me off mentally that we have 2 weeks between challenges... but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of taking 2 weeks to let the habits I have been building sink in.

6 months of new habits .... let's see how well they stick when I'm not "grading".

Zero Week(s)!

“Often we pass beside happiness without seeing it, without looking at it, or even if we have seen and looked at it, without recognizing it.”  Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

My idea for the next two weeks is to simply track and, more importantly, enjoy what I do. Whether that be running, yoga, adventures with the doggy.... whatever comes to mind.

I have a long weekend coming up and want to make the most of it by soaking up some fresh air and getting away from the screens. I'll check in when I feel like it but don't be surprised if all I post are The Clone Wars gifs and ramblings about how much I love Alexandre Dumas' writing (currently re-reading The Count of Monte Cristo)

Alright kind of lied I do want to do two things:

1. Find or obtain a bar to use for Pull-Up progression work.
  2. Cancel that gym membership I haven't been using (so that $20/month can go towards home fitness stuff I'll actually use)

Challenge Weeks!

1) Maintain

• Water - 2+ L/daily
  • Cardio - 30 min/week
  • Yoga - 30 min/week

2) Mobilize

• Squat Mobility Progression - 6 days/week
  • Pull-Up Progression - 3 days/week
  • Push-Up Progression - 3 days/week

Source: GMB Fitness

3) Moderation

• 5 a day Produce
  • 9 servings Alcohol/week (-20% for each additional beer; Loot = $1.50 for each serving under 14 per week)

tumblr_nwllrwlHk21rlapeio1_540.gif

• Like 7

Oooh you just made me think I should put a pull up bar for home on my Loot List!    Nice plan of attack here!    I love the mental choice on how to approach the 2 week break.  That right there is some good stuff!

Have fun on your big weekend!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oooh you just made me think I should put a pull up bar for home on my Loot List!    Nice plan of attack here!    I love the mental choice on how to approach the 2 week break.  That right there is some good stuff!

Have fun on your big weekend!

Yes do it! It will be much more convenient than invading the local playground.  I mean the playground is great too but as I'm building back up to full pull-ups I need something more convenient at home.

Thank you! Looking forward to some fun adventures with the doggy.  Or even just laying outside with a book and not needing to go to work for a couple days.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

At first it really threw me off mentally that we have 2 weeks between challenges... but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of taking 2 weeks to let the habits I have been building sink in.

Sounds like a good way to use the summer break/2 zero weeks. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dagger said:

Sounds like a good way to use the summer break/2 zero weeks. :)

Yeah it has been nice to just relax and not worry / focus on my goals for a few days. I may miss the structure this coming week though since I'll have no set schedule through Wednesday. We will see :)

• Like 1

Saturday ~ First day of freedom ~

Yesterday was stormy of and on. We alternated hanging outside, some errand shopping, house cleaning/organization (I have wayyyyyy too much shit - made a small dent but still have lots to do) and catching up with friends. 

Not much activity other than walking around (9600 steps). Medium amount of screen time (mostly phone games). 

Had lots of coffee & iced tea but no water. I bought this green passionfruit blend that is really refreshing Iced (haven't tried it hot yet). Even the BF likes it and he's not much of a tea person. Did end up having 4 beers throughout the day - 2 while cleaning and 2 when we went to dinner to catch up w a friend. 

Sunday Plan ~ more cleaning + yoga + sunshine ~

Laundry, throwing out more shit, garage cleaning, food shopping

Mixed in with some yoga, books and sunshine. It's hot out so definitely much hydration (of the H2O variety) is needed. 

And for any bullet journal & RPG fans, look what I found this morning ~

http://bulletjournal.com/bujo-rpg/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The Bulletjournalist July 2017&utm_content=The Bulletjournalist July 2017+CID_753d10c641db9064434e94102aa35e0d&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_term=Your Move

http://www.emeraldspecter.com/bujorpg-the-bullet-journal-role-playing-game/

I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Other than filling in my goals tracker and loot my bullet journal is quite neglected lately. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

http://bulletjournal.com/bujo-rpg/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The Bulletjournalist July 2017&utm_content=The Bulletjournalist July 2017+CID_753d10c641db9064434e94102aa35e0d&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_term=Your Move

I'm thinking of giving it a shot. Other than filling in my goals tracker and loot my bullet journal is quite neglected lately. 

Very cool. I've been thinking of bullet journaling, and I have a goals journal (however I forgot it at home, duh). I think I'd benefit from some kind of daily tracking of certain things, but i'll have to figure out what I need most.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 1:12 PM, Dagger said:

Very cool. I've been thinking of bullet journaling, and I have a goals journal (however I forgot it at home, duh). I think I'd benefit from some kind of daily tracking of certain things, but i'll have to figure out what I need most.

Yeah it's been a lot of trial and error so far. Tough to balance tracking the right things vs too many things vs my inner perfectionist who insists on straight perfect lines. I like coloring in the little boxes for my tracker though :)

• Like 2

Quick update since it's my last day of freedom. 

Monday I took the doggy for an adventure. Was quite a lot of driving for the adventure - didn't realize until I was on the road that all the NJ State Parks were shut down.............. so that ruined plan #1. Plan # 2 was all blocked off because the fireworks were being set up. Plan #3 was nice though, and much more shaded than Plan #2. Pupster got lots of attention and love from people who walked by so despite a bit of frustration choosing our adventure spot it was a nice relaxing walk.

Bought some old games super cheap on the Steam Summer sale. Spend a good chunk of yesterday enjoying Witcher (the first one).... I also seem to be heading back into a Dragon Age kick for some reason. Not complaining, I love everything Dragon Age

Also been doing a decent amount of yoga and just enjoying time outside in the fresh air. Didn't really have much activities planned, but it has been a very nice 5 days off. 

tumblr_ni23wo22061srcvsfo1_r1_540.gif

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

vs my inner perfectionist who insists on straight perfect lines. I like coloring in the little boxes for my tracker though :)

Totally my problem.   And why I bought a disc style journal, so if a page gets really under my skin, I remove and insert a new one in its place, lol!

8 minutes ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Bought some old games super cheap on the Steam Summer sale. Spend a good chunk of yesterday enjoying Witcher (the first one).... I also seem to be heading back into a Dragon Age kick for some reason. Not complaining, I love everything Dragon Age

I listen to game soundtracks at work a lot, and every time Dragon Age comes on, I immediately want to play it again and start thinking up which type of character and who I am romancing, lol.

Also, I bought the Witcher series on a previous sale and haven't had a chance to get into it.   Did you like it?  (I gotta finish Andromeda so I can get to work on my games to play list.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Totally my problem.   And why I bought a disc style journal, so if a page gets really under my skin, I remove and insert a new one in its place, lol!

Ah that is a good idea!

I listen to game soundtracks at work a lot, and every time Dragon Age comes on, I immediately want to play it again and start thinking up which type of character and who I am romancing, lol.

Also, I bought the Witcher series on a previous sale and haven't had a chance to get into it.   Did you like it?  (I gotta finish Andromeda so I can get to work on my games to play list.)

Lol yeah I love game and movie soundtracks when I need to zone in and concentrate on a report. Dragon Age and Zelda are two of my go-tos... but also Pokemon fan-piano remasters helped me survive studying for many many finals. I'll switch between that and power metal music - which my friends/family/former roommates all Love I'm sure. 

I am super slow at games, but I got through the opening/tutorial act. The graphics hold up really well for an old game. I'm still getting used to the combat and the camera angles. Looks like it runs off the old BioWare engine, the graphics and gameplay so far remind me of Dragon Age Origins (hence a large part of the nostalgia). 

Aw man it is always a struggle to decide between New Game and Replay Dragon Age with (insert character backstory, moral compass & romance here). I love all of them (the Dragon Age games and the characters in them). 

Haha but long story short on the Witcher, I'm not too far into the game yet but like what I'm seeing so far. 

• Like 1

So I decided to give the whole "Bullet Journal RPG" thing a try - not that I don't already have too many trackers to keep up with (fitbit, excel, bullet journal monthly tracker). But I want to give this a shot and the new challenge starting up seems like a great opportunity to try it out. I posted the link earlier I think but just in case anyone's curious the inspiration came from this: 

On 7/2/2017 at 11:57 AM, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Spent Friday night having way too much fun setting up the "overview" page to mimic the SWTOR quest log. While my main challenge is the focus, there's a few other things (tooth brushing, fitbit steps, keeping the kitchen sink clean) that I think about but don't really track/talk about over here ;)

tumblr_osscvzK7UK1w5m9wao1_1280.jpg

Figured that's a good warm-up to the next challenge (finally) starting :P

• Like 5

Nice looking! And I like how you structured it and all. I'm assuming SWTOR is one of your favorite games. I'd get to look at Super Mario (one of the iterations) or possibly Legend of Zelda for I went with my favorite game(s). XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

Nice looking! And I like how you structured it and all. I'm assuming SWTOR is one of your favorite games. I'd get to look at Super Mario (one of the iterations) or possibly Legend of Zelda for I went with my favorite game(s). XD

Thanks!! SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic) is definitely the game I've put the most time into the past 6 months. Zelda and Mario are great classics too! Always a solid choice for geeky aesthetics :D

Especially Zelda - I haven't played much of the recent games but I love the art and music so much. 

We'll see how well the fancy tracker works. Once I get a bit further along in the weekly challenge tracker pages I'll post those. I like the punishment/reward balance in theory....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Especially Zelda - I haven't played much of the recent games but I love the art and music so much. 

I recently saw a few videos of someone playing Breathe of the Wild... I immediately wanted to go buy a Switch and start playing. >_>

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dagger said:

I recently saw a few videos of someone playing Breathe of the Wild... I immediately wanted to go buy a Switch and start playing. >_>

Yesss the art looks so pretty. I don't have a Nintendo Console either... so I content myself with watching the occasional video / stream of someone playing if I want to see it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Yesss the art looks so pretty. I don't have a Nintendo Console either... so I content myself with watching the occasional video / stream of someone playing if I want to see it. 

I technically have the Wii U, so I could play it on that... but but but...

• Like 1

O M G.    That BuJo set up has me swooning over here.   For style alone, and of course, the Star Wars theme.   Yes yes yes yes.

It makes me wanna do it, but I think I'm in a season of being really busy and need to KISS for the time being.    Excited to "watch your twitch stream" on that BuJo though!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dagger said:

I technically have the Wii U, so I could play it on that... but but but...

Yeah I hear you. There is too much cool stuff to do to fit in a day. Especially when prioritizing other stuff - writing, reading, building healthy habits - over gaming. At least that's the struggle I have....

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

O M G.    That BuJo set up has me swooning over here.   For style alone, and of course, the Star Wars theme.   Yes yes yes yes.

It makes me wanna do it, but I think I'm in a season of being really busy and need to KISS for the time being.    Excited to "watch your twitch stream" on that BuJo though!

Aw thanks ~ Yeah I highly doubt that I will put this amount of effort into every new challenge launch. But I geeked out and had a lot of fun with this one. Nothing wrong with the KISS method though - that was definitely a motto of mine for quite a while. It gets stuff done. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Yeah I hear you. There is too much cool stuff to do to fit in a day. Especially when prioritizing other stuff - writing, reading, building healthy habits - over gaming. At least that's the struggle I have....

Tell me about it. Such a struggle at times...

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 2:27 AM, Dagger said:

Tell me about it. Such a struggle at times...

:)

23 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Dat BuJo do:

giphy.gif

My precioussssssssss ~

16 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hey RPG! Following along! Love the bujo design!

Thank you! Glad my time was well spent :D

• Like 1

Mid week 1 update

Sorry I owe a pic of my daily tracking format, this week has been a bit crazy schedule wise.

I have a 5k scheduled for tonight - weather forecast is not looking great though - chance of thunderstorms. Hope it's not cancelled .....

Back I n track with Alcohol so far - avg 2 drinks daily. Getting there with produce 5 a day (so far 4 or 5 servings every day this week). The mobility habit building is a work in progress....

• Like 4

Woot, hey!  Doing my rounds.    Hope you get the 5k in tonight.   An evening 5k is strange... is it an official type thing, or just a practice run?

Post more BuJo... I need to get back into mine... I've been avoiding it.

• Like 1