• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rebel Pilot Gar

[Rebel Pilot Gar] Subtle Maneuvers

10 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Woot, hey!  Doing my rounds.    Hope you get the 5k in tonight.   An evening 5k is strange... is it an official type thing, or just a practice run?

Post more BuJo... I need to get back into mine... I've been avoiding it.

Hey! Was an official thing - a "corporate centered" run with a bunch of companies. For anyone in the NJ/NYC area was the Verizon Corporate 5K in Morristown. Apparently there were ~120 companies participating this year. 

It rained in the afternoon, but no thunder and lightning so the race was on! Rain cooled it down nicely so the run was actually pretty pleasant. Still glad I spent the day chugging water though. Teamed up with a few other coworkers who were around the pace I wanted to run. Finished the 5K in about 34 min (I'll post official time once I look it up).

Also..... I RAN THE WHOLE WAY!! (Well quick water breaks at the station then right back to running). I nearly started walking, but was passed by a "teammate" who encouraged me to keep going then we ran the rest of the stretch together. 

Was pretty awesome to run as a team, push myself, and cheer on other coworkers. 

• Like 5

On 7/14/2017 at 2:27 AM, Dagger said:

Sounds like a great time. :)

It was a really good time. Quite a bit warmer than I usually go out to run in but I prepared well (drink all of the water!) and was able to run the entire distance. And now I have an official 5K time to benchmark against :D 

14 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

OMG that is really cool! I would definitely do that. I need to know when this is opening >:D

• Like 3

Omg.   That bujo is amaze.  I am going to fix mine as soon as I finish up getting caught up here!

And that hotel... Crap crap crap.  I might never leave!

Welcome to hotel Taaatooine!

• Like 2

Arghhh I owe you guys an update but my brain is so dead from this week. Wheeee 12 hour days of project work! At least I've got lots of steps in??

I'm keeping myself to a 2 drink limit. Been working so far....... Also i  have some angry leg muscles, probably left over from the run last week? Just focusing on gentle yoga and not staying in 1 position too long. 

Also Game of Thrones <3

tumblr_n6kjhkrTI81qzoa3to1_500.gif

• Like 4

Thanks for the support (especially Bullet Journal compliments <3). Sorry for the radio silence -- I'm really not feeling this challenge. Not quite sure what it is - probably a mix of work craziness, lack of sleep and a bit of not really feeling this challenge - maybe from the extra week 0??

Week 1 + Week 2 Recap:

Week 1 Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Total %
Yoga (min) 0 30 0 0 0 0 0 30 100%
Cardio (min) 43 0 0 0 40 0 0 83 100%
Squats Y Y N N N N N 2 33%
Pull-Ups N N Y N N N N 1 33%
Push-Ups N N N N N N N 0 0%
Produce (servings) 4 5 4 5 3 5 2 3 43%
Water (liters) 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 7 100%
Alcohol (servings) 2 1 2 3 2 2 5 17 -60%
Week 2 Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Total %
Yoga (min) 0 0 35 0 0 0 0 35 100%
Cardio (min) 0 0 0 0 0 0 31 31 100%
Squats N Y N N N N N 1 17%
Pull-Ups Y N N N N N N 1 33%
Push-Ups N N N N N N N 0 0%
Produce (servings) 2 4 2 5 4 3 3 1 14%
Water (liters) 2 2 2 2 1.5 2 3 6 86%
Alcohol (servings) 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 16 -40%

All in I am not doing horribly. I'm kinda holding even - just at the point of making an effort to do good things. My (very low expectations) for Yoga and Cardio are doing awesome. Water is doing good too.

Alcohol.......... I feel like setting a daily expectation rather than a weekly limit works better. Telling myself no more than 2 beers a day works pretty well most days. Going to reformulate for a 2 drink daily limit rather than a weekly limit. 

Mobility and produce are something I need to put more of an effort in.

Really..... I think the next month or so at work with this project is just going to be insanity (I really love it though). I am wondering if it's better to just focus on two things - Nutrition (produce, water + alcohol limit) and Active Family Time (quality walks w BF and dog rather than screen time / couch crashing -- getting those 10K a day w the family)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Really..... I think the next month or so at work with this project is just going to be insanity (I really love it though). I am wondering if it's better to just focus on two things - Nutrition (produce, water + alcohol limit) and Active Family Time (quality walks w BF and dog rather than screen time / couch crashing -- getting those 10K a day w the family)

Sounds like a good plan. Revising a plan to better fit the current circumstances is usually a good idea since it will help with motivation, at least it does for me. :)

• Like 1

You've got some things you're totally pwning!   Well done on that!   

You're approach on finding what best works for the boozes is good too; things like that tend to be a work in progress- and sometimes a work in ever changing tactics too.   What works during one season, might not be as helpful in another.   Just keep tweaking!  You'll get there.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2017 at 3:34 PM, Dagger said:

Sounds like a good plan. Revising a plan to better fit the current circumstances is usually a good idea since it will help with motivation, at least it does for me. :)

Yeah motivation only gets so far. Baby steps and adjusting course helps keep me on the right track and focusing on the right things (progress and building new habits) rather than negative thoughts from being unable to hit a (possibly unrealistic) goal :D 

22 hours ago, Starpuck said:

You've got some things you're totally pwning!   Well done on that!   

You're approach on finding what best works for the boozes is good too; things like that tend to be a work in progress- and sometimes a work in ever changing tactics too.   What works during one season, might not be as helpful in another.   Just keep tweaking!  You'll get there.

Thanks for checking in! You're completely right about how seasons / life throw off the habits I'm trying to build. Feels like I'm constantly having to adjust my tactics - which frustrating until I start trying to think about it like a game or a puzzle.

Now if only I could remember to keep it in that mind frame when I feel myself get annoyed ... :P

as always thanks for the support!

• Like 1

Starting to feel more motivated this week. The weather has been beautiful and I got fed up spending all day inside working so yesterday I left work on time for once and took pupster hiking. Sadly BF had a busy day and couldn't join.... but hopefully next time.I also got approved to take a 1/2 day today (Thurs) so I'm home and just got back from a nice 1 hour walk with the pupster. 

It's a bit muggy out and will probably rain later but I'm glad to have the time now to just relax and enjoy being outside. 

• Like 3

I didn't think it was that long since I last checked in but the forums look different? Is it just me? Or maybe because I'm on with the computer instead of mobile....

Anyways this challenge was a bit of a wash. I wasn't motivated to actually complete the goals I started off the challenge with. I did continue tracking though - so that is an improvement over my past reactions to lack-of-motivation-challenges.. 

I am feeling more comfortable with what I think of as "analog" and "passive" tracking methods lately - AKA bullet journal and fitbit respectively. 

To recap here is what the challenge started with:

tumblr_ou9x6xfT1Q1w5m9wao2_540.jpg

And here are my week 2, week 3 and week 4 results. Plus a bit of a brainstorming exercise for the next round:

tumblr_ou9x6xfT1Q1w5m9wao3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ou9x6xfT1Q1w5m9wao1_1280.jpg

For next challenge: August is a busy month for me. I am going to focus on:

1) Eating/Drinking REAL things (aka ingredients that I recognize) as much as possible. So water, coffee, tea. Produce, meat - minimize bread, sweets, etc.

2) 10K steps a day; continue the 30 min yoga & cardio weekly trend. 

3) Sleeeeeeeeeep. Because I really should not be operating on less than 6 hrs during the week.....

Also for next challenge I will most likely skip over to campaign with the scouts for a little bit. 

• Like 2