Whole Life Makeover

Hi!

I recently got out of a serious relationship (wedding plans were being made), and I have since then been re-evaulating my life. The conclusion I came to is this: I need a makeover. Not a haircut & eyeshadow makeover, but a whole life makeover. I'm 35 years old, and I am not where I want to be in my life. I don't know where I took a wrong turn (which was realistically a collective group of wrong turns) that led me to this point. I feel alive again and have been very motivated to make positive changes. I stumbled on the Nerd Fitness website a few weeks ago, and it promotes a lot of theories I have been already reading about and slowing incorporating into my life. I look forward to learning more about nerd fitness, and learning more about myself.

I have been doing the Greysheeters Anonymous (GSA) food plan, off & on for about six months. I got into it because I thought I might have a food addition problem, and I found GSA through Overeaters Anonymous. I am now convinced that my poor food choices are due to other issues in my life, not that I am a food addict. The GSA plan is very low carb and is very similar to the Paleo diet I've been reading so much about lately. I feel GREAT when I stick to it for a few days, then I cheat. (Having an unsupportive partner who kept bringing me to fast food restaurants and handing me bowls of ice cream late at night only contributed to my demise. That person is no longer in my life, so it has been easier to follow.) I'm looking for positive encouragement to help me through the tough times. [Did I mention that I looooove ice cream?] =/

I also started training for a 5K. I'm doing my own version of the Couch-to-5K plan. Again, this is something that I want to do, but I can't seem to find anyone who wants to do it with me. My fiance "wasn't a runner" and none of my friends were down for it. (I got rid of the fiance, and I think I need to add some active people to my group of friends!) My 14 year-old son just joined JROTC and is very into running now. We are scheduled to run a 3K this weekend and a 5K a couple weeks after that.

I have this vision of what kind of person I want to be, and I am far from it. I am up for the hard work to get there, but I want to have fun, too! =)

~Melissa

Newbie question: How do I update my profile?

~Mel ••• Starbuck is my hero •••

30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!! ~~ Mel's Workout Log ~~ Online Measurements ~~ Online Weight Log ~~ twitter