Kalitraz begins his quest. There, and never back again!

Kalitraz

Hello fellow rebels! I'm a bit new around here, been lurking for a little bit, and wanted to go ahead and make a place for my first 4 week Challenge. I recently had a bit of a wake-up call in my life, and am ready to lose weight and get fit. I want to get There (healthy), and never come back to the way I have been living my life. I have always been kinda overweight, but I am currently the heaviest I've ever been (well within obese) and I'm ready to change. I've made some half-assed attempts at weight loss in the past, but I intend to stick with this. This is for the rest of my life, not just til I lose some weight. I am still doing a little underpants collecting before the actual challenge starts, but this is what I am thinking for my challenges, they may change a little until it actually begins. I am thinking of having 1 diet challenge, 1 exercise challenge, 1 mental challenge, and 1 wild card.

1. Quit Fast Food and Soda: I've been eating absolute garbage for the last couple years and I'm going back to eating good food, not just something greasy and salty that I put in my mouth because I'm bored. That said if a Jimmy Johns unwich is my lunch I'm not going to throw a fit. I'm just going to my every effort to eat the healthiest thing on the menu. As far as soda, I've been drinking way too many. It was not uncommon to drink 3-5 sodas a day. I am currently on 1 a day until I finish off this 2-Liter of Mtn Dew. I get migraines occasionally and I have had caffeine headaches trigger migraines in the past so the 2-liter is at attempt to ween myself off caffeine a little more gently. That is the only reason I'm not cold turkey quitting pop. 

2. OK so I'm cheating a little with 2 parts but here they are anyway
    • Go for a 15 minute walk, at least 4 times a week: I recently moved to MT from AR but have been unable to enjoy it much because of my weight. The altitude has taken some getting used to as well. By walking more often (I also live on a mountain so my usual walk if 1/2 mile down, 1/2 mile back up) I'm hoping to better acclimate and just get in the habit of moving more. For most of the last 5 years or so I have led a very sedentary lifestyle. I want to break the inertia and become a body in motion, and I'm sure that my dog won't mind the extra walks either lol.
      Sophie.png.b010050df779146506286b241bf8ee5f.png
    • Exercise minimum 3x a week (in addition to walks) and track results: This is just another case of hijacking the accountability of the challenge to help build a new habit. I am going to be doing the beginner body weight workout and I'll see how that goes. 

3. Meditate daily, minimum 3 minutes: I want to expand my knowledge and practice when it comes to meditation. I have only done a small amount of meditation in the past but have recently rediscovered it and found it to be a very helpful and powerful tool. I will also research better meditation techniques and attempt to implement them. I am focusing mostly on mindfulness meditation right now, but I plan to expand in the coming weeks, months and beyond.
             worldorder.jpg.519a983457d570096bdd30807ce59722.jpg

4. Brushing/Flossing Etc: I have had some problems with my dental hygiene in the past and I want to improve that. I am ashamed to say that I only brush my teeth about once a day right now. I want to make it a habit to brush 2x a day and to floss at least every other day, so i thought that this would be a good means of enforcing the habit until it becomes routine. 

Here is the slightly modified list for the official 4 week challenge:

Spoiler

1. No unhealthy fast food (if they have paleo stuff I'm not gonna turn away an easy quick meal that I don't have to cook that is still on diet) or soda.

2. Fitness

- Walk minimum of 4 times a week.
     - Workout 3x a week and record results.

3. Meditate at least 4x a week. At least 3 minutes.

4. Brush teeth 2x a day and floss at least weekly. 

I welcome any feedback and am looking forward to the official challenge starting. I've already started all the above and have been including them for a few days now. I am eager to start my journey to a healthier me and I don't want to wait another day. There is a part of me that says to wait until the challenge starts, but the way I see it that is one week healthier I can be. I think I will start my data collection 7/1/2017 so I have a nice and easy 6-month time frame for measurement comparisons. Wish me luck and I wish all the other rebels out there good luck with their challenge!

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks Bilbo, but I think I do need to get going out my door. Staying here hasn't been good for me. I Need to step out on that road, lose my feet, and just see where I might be swept off too. It's time to start MY adventure. 

• Like 3

(1st) Challenge[B-], Current (2nd) Challenge

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

• Kalitraz changed the title to Kalitraz begins his quest. There, and never back again!
7 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

It's time to start MY adventure.

And it seems as if it's going to be an awesome one. I look forward to celebrating your progress. Following!

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

First Update!

Ok so here are some base starting measurements, because as they say around here, that which gets measured, gets improved. These are supposed to be representative of where I am now to compare with at the end of the challenge. I'm a little disapointed. I had hoped to do a little better but I guess that just means my final results will be that much more of an improvement.

• Starting Weight
    • 296 lbs
  • Exercises (completed in 1 set)
    • BW Squats - 26
    • Pushups - 10
    • Lunges, both legs - 
    • Dumbbell Row - 33 left / 38 right
    • Planks - 25s
    • Jumping Jacks - 34
    • Walking - 15-30 min 1-2x a week (pre-challenge)
  • Photo... :(
    • July 1, 2017
      5957bc3a3508f_7-1-2017ByronFront.png.bd2bea4ea18c630e69fba1e796e3a1d2.png5957bc3c09fef_7-1-2017ByronProfile.png.6853c9a0c79271bd2e8752d47f578cae.png
  • Not too worried about measured inches, but I am currently wearing 42 waist and 3XL shirt so if that changes I'll be sure to note it. 

I will be out of town for the weekend of the 4th but will update with a damage report (dreaded 4th of July BBQs and all the calories entailed) when able. 

P.S. wth is a doodlie?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

I'm a little disapointed. I had hoped to do a little better but I guess that just means my final results will be that much more of an improvement.

We all absolutely start somewhere and it's not always where we want to start! But you are totally right that your final results are going to be amazing! Also (and this is purely my opinion), the further you have to go at the beginning, the more momentum you can get before you start losing newb gains! 

5 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

P.S. wth is a doodlie?

@deftona is the best to explain. But it's almost like a certain F**** C*** so we can't say too much. 

Alllllllll righty then. Time for next update. 

After my above post, Saturday was kinda like this:

Once, my sister got off work, I picked her up and we drove to where we were meeting our dad for a camping trip, after a couple last min errands that is. I went ever so slightly off diet by getting a hard shell chicken taco but the only bad part about it was the shell. The rest was all paleo. It was at a local shop and I know the guy working there so he hooked my up and I knew that if I didn't nibble on something that I would probably be A. miserable or B. have a much harder time with road trip temptations. And get this, after we left there, the family that we were meeting asked us to bring KrispyKremes! There is a store in our town but not theirs, so I went through drive through got 2 dozen glazed  donuts and a raspberry filled and I didn't touch a one of them (and they smelled amazing)! Well then we drove to the camping place. It was a lovely spot right on this alpine lake that was so still it had a mirror finish most of the time. We found a trail head for the Anaconda-Pintler wilderness and ended up hiking a mile or so into the backcountry and back. After that we went back to camp, we got the kayaks out and ended up paddling around for quite a while. After getting back and looking at a map, I think we did about a mile and a half. Stuck to the diet the rest of the trip, only fruit and proteins. That was about it for Saturday besides just general fun camping stuff. Couple negatives, I did fail to meditate this day. Realized as I was falling asleep that night. We had just been busy doing things and it slipped my mind. :P The other thing is that I was not able to get my full dental hygine routine in while camping but am back on schedule now. 

Today (Sunday 7/2) was a pretty good day too. After getting up, I went and sat by the lake and meditated while watching the waves for a while. I then went on a small hike of about a mile. Bacon and egg for breakfast with a handful of strawberries :]. We then packed up and headed to my Dad's house for the rest of the holiday as his birthday is Tuesday and we want to celebrate with him. Didn't do much exciting aside from a nap (ahhhhhhhh) until the evening when we went out to meet cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents for a dutch oven picnic. I didn't eat with them, but it was nice to see everyone. It was alot easier to just say no thanks to the food than I expected. I thought they'd force feed me almost. Ok, not that bad. Forgive the hyperbole but you get the idea. I ended up just eating fruit again for dinner. Fresh cherries and home grown strawberries. 

All in all I'm pleased with my success so far. I have stuck to my 1 pop a day for now, though I was sorely tempted today. I've also discovered something I did not expect at all, I almost enjoy feeling hungry. I feel like my wits are sharper and I'm more focused. Between restricting my diet and just eating much less the last several days, I've stayed under 1,300 calories every day since Wednesday. Now the hunger just kinda fades into the background noise. Like a band-aide. When you first put it on or when you are thinking about it  it is very noticeable, but after a while you forget it is there. The biggest difficulty is that sometimes after fasting longer than usual it can be a little difficult to eat at all. Almost like when I put the food in my mouth my throat just locks up not wanting to eat anything. I'm finding the balance of how much I have to eat and when to eat it in order not feel ill or weak. That said I'm optimistic about this. I am going to get blood-work done tomorrow to see where things stand. It might have been better to do that before I started all this, but I didn't want to wait. 

Tune in Tuesday to find out what happens to our hero next!

• Like 2

Sounds like an awesome few days @Kalitraz. Well done on skipping the donuts. I'm not a big fan of glazed, but I would have destroyed that raspberry filled one and convinced myself it was healthy because it had fruit in it. :)

You're off to a great start!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

Definitely better off eating taco than a box of donuts. 

Seriously tho, how funny would that have been if you showed up with the Krispy Kreme box... empty... with teeth marks. 

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Ok so a day late.

Time for a mini-respawn. I made myself kinda sick over the weekend by dieting too hard too fast. That and I was on some antibiotics that were not agreeing with me 100%. In any case I need to reevaluate my diet plan. I didn't break it but I was eating VERY LITTLE. Too little. I was getting light headed often and even just walking up the stairs or carrying my kayak across the driveway winded me and made my heart feel like it was beating out of my chest. That said there is 

595d05d04e442_goodnews.jpg.dfdae7e97256b99f720db88fa6855ffb.jpg

I lost 15 lbs in 11 days and it was all fat. My dad who I was visiting for the weekend is a family dr. and I had him run my bloodwork (for baselines to compare with in 3 months of paleo and exercise) and he also did a urine test to show that I was definitely in Ketosis (body was running off of broken down fat for energy). So that's good. Now I just need to work back up to eating a healthier amount so that I have enough energy and stamina for day-to-day stuff and workouts. It is taking me longer to ween myself back onto food than I expected. But even with the feeling weak and ill, i think that this was good. I think I needed to see what this extreme looked like both so that I could better understand it and also so I have an idea of what warning signs to look for to suggest that I may be going too far into that extreme. 

Well anyway here is recap of the last couple days. 

Monday 7/3: I was feeling quite weak and didn't end up doing much. After the weekend camping it was kinda nice to relax a little. I ate well (if too little) and went for a very brief walk. I did drive up to a local state park where I used to work and greeted everyone. They are all fairly active people and it was inspiring to hear about all the fun stuff they have been doing. Working at the state park tends to encourage a more active lifestyle it seems. The best shape I've been in, in the past 10 years was probably the summers I was working there.  I am still on 1 soda a day, but am no longer afraid of the caffeine withdrawal as Monday and Tuesday I opted for a sprite/7up instead to settle my stomach, with no ill effects. I expect to cut pop out completely very soon. I did meditate and have kept up with dental hygiene routine (minor discouragement in that I just discovered a cavity that I need to get fixed). Today was supposed to be workout day but I skipped. I know I know. I also skipped Tuesday. I've resumed today (Wednesday)

Tuesday 7/4: We had a bit family breakfast party for my dad's birthday and the 4th. I actually managed to eat a bit more at this. Fruit salad and an egg/sausage/onion scramble that was delicious. At this point it was clear that I was eating too little and I started to ween myself back onto food. After everyone left we stuck around and helped tear down one of the walls in the basement for some remodeling. It wasn't a full official workout but I sure was working. after that my sister and I drove back to our town where we had a delicious chicken strawberry salad for dinner. I did miss my walk/workout again, but we are back at it today and I'm not gonna stress about the past, in favor of just doing my best going forward. 

• Like 1

Ok so now that the Challenge is officially starting I want to look back at what I have done so far. I would probably gibe myself a B- for the pre-challenge period. I made efforts to meet all my challenges, but did worse than I'd like on a couple. I think this was a good practice run and I expect to give myself an A at the end of the 4 weeks. This showed me where some of my weaknesses are and how to shore them up.

I haven't eaten any fast food since I started and have stayed on diet with just 2 small exceptions (1 hard taco shell and a serving of a rice side dish my sister made). I've cut out soda and liquid calories, aside from 1 glass of fruit juice I've been having. I'm even totally off of caffeine and feeling fine. I am not quite to my goal of enough water each day. I am shooting for 4 liters and usually end up only at 3 at the end of the day but I'm improving. I missed 1 workout, but other than that I've met that goal. Well... I did postpone my Friday workout to Saturday, but I did still get my 3rd workout in for the work. I've already more than doubled the reps I can do. I've made my walking goals as well. I am modifying my challenge ever so slightly for the official 4 weeks now, and we'll get to that in a bit, but first, I LOST 20 lbs in just over 2 weeks!!! I know one needs to be cautious of such rapid weight loss but the bloodwork shows that the vast majority is fat! I feel good and am excited to get healthy!!

That's the good part. The bad part of my challenge so far is focused on challenges 3 and 4. I've found it hard to meditate. It sounds crazy when I think about that. I just need 3 min a day to sit still and not do something else. I think that I am going to reduce down to at least 4 days a week and hopefully after doing that for a while I can step back up to daily. Dental hygine has improved but is still not where I want it. I think that if I can get to where I brush 2x daily and floss at least once a week that will already be a significant improvement. It's gross to talk about but this is where I am and I want to improve. 

So Here is my official list of challenges for the 4 week challenge. 

1. No unhealthy fast food (if they have paleo stuff I'm not gonna turn away an easy quick meal that I don't have to cook that is still on diet) or soda.

2. Fitness

- Walk minimum of 4 times a week.
     - Workout 3x a week and record results.

3. Meditate at least 4x a week. At least 3 minutes.

4. Brush teeth 2x a day and floss at least weekly. 

So here's to the next 4 weeks and a healthier life! I'm gonna get an A on this challenge!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

The bad part of my challenge so far is focused on challenges 3 and 4. I've found it hard to meditate. It sounds crazy when I think about that. I just need 3 min a day to sit still and not do something else. I think that I am going to reduce down to at least 4 days a week and hopefully after doing that for a while I can step back up to daily.

I also struggle with meditation. I find that when I put less pressure on myself it helps me ease into it. When I ever did it remotely successful before, it was by setting a 5 minute timer first thing when I woke up before getting out of bed... I'd just sit up with my eyes still closed, try not to slouch too hard, and enjoy the fact I wasn't getting up yet. Maybe something like this would work for you!

• Like 1

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

20 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

So here's to the next 4 weeks and a healthier life! I'm gonna get an A on this challenge!

You can do this! Let me know if I can help in any way.

tumblr_o4rh6jsvZW1udh5n8o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Just now, Kalitraz said:

Thanks! Honestly just seeing people post in here from time to time and knowing that they are following along makes me feel much more accountable and motivated. 

Agreed. Feel free to stop by my challenge post anytime, as well. :)

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

So time for a check-in.

Sunday and Monday challenge progress. 

1. I only ate good food. The one time I went out I ate at a place that is literally called 'The Good Food Store'. Its basically a huge organic and health food store here and it also has a buffet attached. Everything else was food I cooked myself. I made a big batch of a chicken curryish dish with lots of veggies and have been eating leftovers of that. No soda but I have been drinking a few more calories with fruit juice. Trying to cut back on that, but I am still at a calorie deficit so I'm not super worried about it. Not quite hitting my water goals yet. 

2. Sunday was a totally lazy day. I barely left the house... hell I barely left the couch. Monday was good tho. I did my workout and that was the first time going through the full 3 sets of the beginner bodyweight workout, so hurrah for small victories. I even doubled the dumbbell rows by accident, but it was fine. Didn't get a walk in on either of those days, but I did get up extra early today (Tuesday) and go for a 30 min walk before work. 

3. Still haven't meditated. I have time planned for it this afternoon so I am still on track for this week. 

4. 100%

And fun fact, I had to tighten my belt another notch yesterday. :D 

• Like 3

So last night was rough. Really rough.  I took a running leap off the wagon and I feel like crap today because of it. I was all on track until my sister got home from a camping trip in Glacier Natl. Park and brought me a bag of Huckleberry Saltwater Taffy. I love saltwater taffy, and I love Huckleberry. It was a deadly combination. That along with encouragement from her and her boyfriend "You deserve some sort of reward. You've been doing so well. etc." and like an idiot I bought in to it. First I had 1, then another and another. I lost count. I estimate it was somewhere between 2 and 3 dozen taffy I ate while we were all sitting on the couch watching Futurama. Essentially half the bag. I didn't realize I had this kind of control issue with some foods. I need to really make an effort to make sure they are not even in the house. I also didn't record my food that day so even aside from the taffy, I don't really know how many calories I had. Oh, yeah and I didn't do my workout because they got home early and I was distracted for the rest of the evening. That is not an acceptable excuse and I will get back on track today. Planning to get the workout in today at lunch (perk of working from home is 0 min commute if I need to go take a quick shower before going back to work).

Aside from the Taffy incident, I've been doing well. Been cooking good food and haven't eaten any fried fast food in almost a month. Last night before the taffy I made a big veggie stir fry with stuff I got from the farmer's market and zucchini noodles. It was delicious. Ingredients in order of addition: Butter, garlic, leek, crushed pepper flakes, salt/pepper, little bit of curry powder, mushroom, 1/4 head cabbage chopped, bro coli, some halved grape tomatoes, little bit of soy sauce, little bit of rice vinegar (saute a little while before adding zucchini, until everything is soft) and then the zucchini noodles. Stirfry til done. I did some bratwurst and onions in a separate pan to get protein too. 

noms.png.3988ae748e1bf718189bf57b54eda953.png

On 7/11/2017 at 1:27 PM, Giogina said:

I recently started following someone's advice to meditate first thing in the morning. I gotta say, it does brighten the mood, at least for the first hour of the day. Maybe that's a strategy for you, too?

Meditation is still the hardest thing to fit into my day, but slow progress is being made. Early morning has been working pretty well, thanks for the suggestion. Something about the change to my lifestyle has also helped my sleep pattern. I've been waking with or before my first alarm of the day. It is a nice time to walk and meditate. The sky is light but the sun hasn't climbed over the mountains yet so it doesn't heat up right away. Dental hygiene is not quite the habit/routine I want it to be yet, but mostly and improvement so far. Been keeping up with my walking, especially on days when I don't work out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

I need to really make an effort to make sure they are not even in the house.

This!! We've been doing the Whole30 and the first thing we did was clear out all the junk food and stashed the non-Whole30 foods we're okay to eat after (like honey) way out of sight and nowhere near the rest of our usual food items. Harder when visitors come and talk you into it, but yeah prevention is way more effective than trying to say no while staring right at it. 

• Like 1

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

PS, confession: Yesterday, I basically fell head first into the candy bowl at work at gobbled it up like PacMan on SuperDot. I've been working at staying away from these dang candy bowls for a whole year, and I STILL have trouble with it.

But that's ok. I'm not gonna do that today. 

And you won't, either!  ;-)   

• Like 2

Time for a check in. 2 weeks since I started all this. Here are new pics (BTW, what is the preferred way people use to add pics to these forums? I think I'll run out of attachment space pretty quickly) and measurements (I know I never took day 1 measurements, so sue me).

Weight: 284 lbs (down 12 lbs in 2 weeks)
Neck:16.75"
Chest: 50"
Bicep: 15"

Waist: 47.5"

Hip: 53.5"

Thigh: 23.25"
Calf: 17.75"

I've stuck with eating well, that part is the easiest of my challenge. I really am loving the excuse/need to cook for myself again. it has really reignited my culinary interests and not to toot my own horn, but I am a hell of a cook and I'm getting better every day. I missed my Wednesday workout, but I got it in Friday. Meditation is still hard, but I am improving. And dental hygiene is also improving. Missed a couple brushes, but much better than I've been doing for years.

On 7/14/2017 at 8:47 AM, CallunaTook said:

Just remember: Steve says never two in a row!

Thanks for this. It is definitely helpful even if I have missed multiple days. It is a great philosophy to go by and I am really gonna try and make this my goal going forward. 

• Like 1