• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yasha92

Yasha checks her calendar

Congratulations! I think the stress of that would have killed me.

I was relatively chill about it except for two moments, I had a section where I showed using an app on my phone, and holding it up made my hand shake like crazy, I had to grip my wrist with my other hand to keep it still-ish. The other moment was after the presentation, when the floor was open for questions and he asked me a direct question by name. My heart was pumping like it was trying to escape right outta there.

Congrats on the presentation, and on not totally choking on lettuce.:lol:

Thanks x2. It would be a lame way to go I think, choked to death on lettuce...

• Like 7

July 18th, a good day. Work, gym, stuff.

Slept in a little this morning (and by that I mean I got to work at ten-to-9, instead of half-to), work was fine, still dealing with the stragglers enrolling. In the afternoon went to the gym for PT, smashed out some squats 55kg for two, easy though the second rep was a bit of a grind- I started going off to one side but managed to keep my feet on the ground and get upright- did kick the trainer in the chest with my butt as I worked to straighten, but it was all good. Did box squats and a glute machine as accessories- the glute machine made me feel like a horse kicking backwards, we'll see what it does for the booty. My big boss (the one I really like) bought me a plant (instead of flowers) for doing a good job on the presentation, new desk buddy!

(Was going to post a photo but realised there is confidential stuff in the background, I'll take a photo tomorrow).

Track those macros: not great today, I was really hungry... had 2 small quiches, a serving of tuna and rice, a protein shake, soup with chicken for tea, a handful of trail-mix (nuts and cranberries and choc chips), a mini bag of salt and vinegar chips.

f1297cb4d585b172f0ae046a44798f85.jpg

bb76e24d68a28a45db16721c2058a602.jpg

Lifting: squats, as above did good, shoulder feels a bit tight, but I'm going to watch it and see how we go... spoke to the trainer about the game plan for this week and next, since we've only got the rest of this week, plus next week, then it's deload week ready for the comp.

Bits and bobs: got my passport photo taken. Booked Monday off to go with Mr to get a photo ID card and do his passport application too. Organised a time to sit down with Mr and look at honeymoon/wedding budget since his work has cut his hours so harshly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

the glute machine made me feel like a horse kicking backwards, we'll see what it does for the booty

I've seen this machine before and thought about playing around with it. You'll have to let me (us) know how it works your booty these next couple days. I'm REALLY trying to get better at working my own rear-end because I think it'll help a lot with my low back issues and if this exercise works for you then I'll give it a go :) 

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Organised a time to sit down with Mr and look at honeymoon/wedding budget since his work has cut his hours so harshly.

What the hell job! Don't they know how uncool it is to cut the hours of someone who's getting married?! Hopefully this is just temporary for Mr. *fingers crossed*

Wolf

• Like 1

Start of session hit us like a freight train. Had the interview for the permanent version of the role I'm acting in... not the best interview I've done, I got a little muddled and ended up going in circles for one of the answers, but it wasn't terrible. Now I just have to await an outcome from HR. Been busy chipping away at wedding and honeymoon stuff, booked the official paperwork bit of getting wed and organised a speaker to do the 'ceremony' bit in front of friends and family (in Australia there is a line in the official wedding script that I see as rather offensive to anyone who isn't in a cis-het type relationship and since there's a jumble of those in my family we'll do the legal hoo-hah at the courthouse earlier in the day, then have a presentation ceremony on our own terms later in the day). Tentatively booked the honeymoon, just have to finalise some paperwork regarding passports and it's all coming rushing very fast towards us. I've been keeping up with my PT sessions and when I can getting to the gym on the other days, but I haven't been as on top of it as I might have liked... this week I did Monday and Wednesday, I'll do Friday and potentially the weekend, then rest week before the comp.

All in all Gerri stuff down, just haven't been as active in the forums as I would have liked to have been...

• Like 6

Have my fingers crossed that they offer you the position permanently. Frankly the interview should have only been a formality at this point.

• Like 1

Dropped off the face of the earth there getting shite done. Dunno about the other goals, but the important stuff: organised the passports and our official intent to wed forms, organised flowers and transport to the gardens and best lady has her dress and I have mine and everything is going to be lovely.

Weights wise: only a few days to the comp, trying to rest and not eat too much junk to make sure I come in in the under 75kg group not the over 75kg group. I know they'll do the calculations based on percentage of bodyweight, but still... went to the gym yesterday even though I'd forgot my gym shoes, wore my work flats and smashed out a 5kg PB on deadlifts, it was pretty awesome. Keen to see what I can do on the day.

28776fa889236ccd1a02713c2457cdc1.jpg

• Like 8

Got approved for our honeymoon loan, booked and paid for flights, emailed the travel agent to finalise the details for when we're over there (still going to have to figure out phones/internet and all that jazz). Set aside our suitcases so we can collect them after tomorrow's comp. packed everything ready for tomorrow's comp and am heading to bed early...

• Like 6

On 04/08/2017 at 3:10 AM, Elastigirl said:

Love that you had a PB in your work flats! No excuses!! And hooray for wedding plans. Your wedding is going to be lovely.

On 05/08/2017 at 2:57 AM, Jarric said:

Clearly smart shoes are the key to your powers, harness them!

Good luck with the comp

19 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Good luck for the comp! 

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Go kick ass Yasha.

12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Go out there and do your best!!! But more importantly, relax and have fun!

Thanks everyone! I came DFL, but I did a good effort (proved by me failing out on at least one of each lift). 

Stats (in kilos):

Squats: 55, 60, 62.5(no rep).

Bench: 30, 35(no rep) 35(no rep).

Deadlifts: 80, 95, 105(technical no rep).

Stats (in rough freedoms):

Squats: 121, 132, 137.5 (no rep).

Bench: 66, 77(no rep) 77(no rep).

Deadlifts: 176, 209, 231(technical no rep).

Overall I'm in a pretty good mindset, did both better and not as well as I thought I would... for squats I forgot to drop at the bottom the little bounce to make sure I hit depth and by the time the trainer had called out to remind me I had started coming up, then my brain heard the word and I went back down which meant a no lift. Bench felt super easy and so I jumped up by 5kg when I really should have gone up by 2.5 or maybe even 1, then I couldn't get either of them fully up (got it off my chest which is normally my sticking point but couldn't lock it out) I think possibly I put the bar in the wrong spot on my chest contributed as well as going a little too heavy. Deadlifts I was sure I'd got the last lift but I paused with it touching my legs and I think it may have slid down a little. I still lifted it to lockout, but it didn't count for comp stats due to that pause. Considering that's 15kg above my previous PB I'm still stoked with that.

My dad took some videos but I'll have to wait until he sends them to me... until then here is a super flattering photo of me at the top of the 105 lift.

20617015_1432581686820377_23355443566305

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I don't have a current thread, but wanted to share a couple wedding photos with you guys ^_^ we had a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends and the weather couldn't have been better!

48c97a70cc33a4a4ecfd231bfeacfa92.jpg

cdb0d92fbd6e47e230c20306109b7e30.jpg

e43db1a1e84b91bd6ceade1a84bc3180.jpg

1faa6ee0edca1f5d8bd60f2aa22d30d5.jpg

5cbfcd5e081633c7c5bab9dd75adb528.jpg

7c0a1f23ab2fb51ceb8998e52afc0b99.jpg

867d1272daebcd0634e351e7d4f28a7c.jpg

06737d549fefe47392daa67f463a8d42.jpg

6385436f7ee52cbc1197b694a329c36a.jpg

b7eaa283ade97af2a1c4ecf4bf0b8d89.jpg

8949a5ee2390c585aa3206cdcff8f5bd.jpg

cc57a4369602dae7ff17928c8a6be396.jpg

9b4d70ff1b6a473b752a88db811867b8.jpg

65196e72460d9f54c805dc3f5c4186b1.jpg

• Like 6

you guys look so happy! Congratulations!

Hope the honeymoon has improved (saw your post on NFA Fb)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yes it's been beautiful and amazing ^_^ since that first hiccup with the hirecar we've been having a ball.

Here we are in Hobbiton (I will be taking his surname- Baker, so this is both nerdy and a pun!)

101c9490af26c69b25ca7025b2132ff1.jpg
  • Like 6