• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico   

Last challenge was all about the self-love, self-care and recovering from stressing myself out. That, combined with the fantastic week-long vacation in the Rocky Mountains that I just returned from was seriously successful in getting me into a good headspace and ready to tackle this whole health and fitness thing with renewed vigour. This round is going to be pretty straightforward and back to the basics - Eat well, exercise and sleep. Winning formula. Also I'm doing a 5 week challenge; eff this week zero nonsense. 

Goal One: Eat clean. Which means Vegetables, Meat, Fruit, Nuts, Seeds, Healthy Fats, and limited non-gluten grains, dairy, legumes and condiments. I'm not going to define what "limited" means at this time, but I'll be reporting all food stuffs here so I'm keeping an eye on it. Anything with gluten counts as a variance. Also any significant amounts of sugar, condiments not withstanding. Also any other nonsense that I can't exactly think of at the moment. Chips, I guess. Ugh. Including tortilla chips. Damn, I love those things. 

Sub-goal of weekly meal planning and attendant grocery shopping. : 

3 pts per day for eating like a reasonable person. 5 pts per week for meal planning. Target 25 pts per week (that means one allowable variance for those of you keeping track).

A : 125pts    B : 100 pts    C : 75pts    D: 50pts   F: <50pts

Goal Two: Quit the booze. It's time for a break. 1 pt per day but this is pass/fail. 

A: 35pts   F: <35pts

Goal Three: Bike 25 km per week. This equals about 3 bike commutes per week, but it's okay if it's not through biking to work. Rollerblading also counts towards this. 

A : 125kms    B : 100 kms    C : 75 kms    D: 50 kms   F: <50 kms

Goal Four: Workout 3x per week. Like yoga or kettlebells or some video or whatever. Just do a thing. 

A : 15pts    B : 12pts    C : 9pts    D: 6pts   F: <6pts

Goal Five: Go to sleep. And then get up. Applicable to workdays. I did this one a couple challenges ago, and it was super helpful, but I've gotten out of the habit. The deal is: in bed by 10PM. Lights out by 10:30PM. Up by 6AM. 

3 pts per day, 5x per week.

A : 75pts    B : 60pts    C : 45pts    D: 30pts   F: <30pts

And to add some incentive to all of the above - each "A" earned every week scores me $2. At the end of the challenge, I will use whatever I've earned to buy some new athletic gear!

• Like 6

Xena   

Looks great. Thinking of adding a limited booze goal myself...hmmmm

By the way, I've made your quinoa and kale salad TWICE! It's great!

• Like 3

Fonzico   
Looks great. Thinking of adding a limited booze goal myself...hmmmm

By the way, I've made your quinoa and kale salad TWICE! It's great!

That is awesome! Glad the deliciousness is being spread around :)

So meal planning and grocery shopping are done. Extra chicken has been grilled, and today I will chop veggies and make hummus. I was hoping to roast veggies too, but it's been too hot to turn on the oven.

Dinner plans for the week are as follows:

Monday: Salmon with mango salsa and broccoli

Tuesday: Taco Salad

Wednesday: sausage with peppers and onions, coleslaw

Thursday: chicken souvlaki, Greek salad

Friday: sloppy Joe stuffed Bell peppers, caesar salad

I have today off, so back to work tomorrow. Sleep schedule officially kicks in this evening.

Workout will happen today!

• Like 4

Fonzico   

Week Zero Day One:

Food: Ate like a champ! 3 pts

Breakfast: Eggs with bacon, chicken, veggies and salsa

Lunch: Greek salad with chicken and tzatziki

Dinner: salmon with mango salsa and asparagus

Snack: veggies and hummus, club soda and blueberries

Booze: None 1pt

Workout: Done! NF Yoga plus a little bit of kettlebells

Biking: None

Sleep: I WILL go to bed on time!

Most excellent day one.

• Like 3

Fonzico   

I met my "in bed" and "lights out" goals last night, but I did NOT succeed in getting up by 6.

So tired. And DOMsy. And had such weird dreams!

Managed 630. Definitely not biking to work today. Boo I want vacation time back! I'm not ready for the real world!

• Like 1

Fonzico   
Mango! Salmon! Salad! Totally stealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mango salsa was store bought and totally disappointing.. should have just made my own.

• Like 1

Fonzico   

Week Zero Day Two:

Food: All good 3pts

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, chicken, veggies

Lunch: Salmon, salsa and asparagus

Snack: hummus and veg

Dinner: Taco Salad

After disc golf I'm so hungry: Virgin Caesar, small bowl of more taco salad and a glass of milk.

Booze: None 1 pt

Workout: Nope

Biking: Nope

Sleep: 2 pts. Bed on time, but up 1/2 hr late

Day three is off to a good start - I didn't reach my wakeup goal, but I managed 6:20, which is an improvement.

Also I biked to work.

Must workout tonight!!

• Like 5

So many awesome meals! 

On 04/07/2017 at 0:20 AM, Fonzico said:

So meal planning and grocery shopping are done. Extra chicken has been grilled, and today I will chop veggies and make hummus. I was hoping to roast veggies too, but it's been too hot to turn on the oven.

Dinner plans for the week are as follows:

Monday: Salmon with mango salsa and broccoli

Tuesday: Taco Salad

Wednesday: sausage with peppers and onions, coleslaw

Thursday: chicken souvlaki, Greek salad

Friday: sloppy Joe stuffed Bell peppers, caesar salad

*Jealous* I am finding excuses to turn the oven on at the moment to heat our house up!

Your meal prep inspires me! It all sounds so delicious and healthy. Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

Xena   

Hoping that waking up gets easier with the consistent bedtimes. You're doing a great job!

• Like 2

Fonzico   
So many awesome meals! 

*Jealous* I am finding excuses to turn the oven on at the moment to heat our house up!

Your meal prep inspires me! It all sounds so delicious and healthy. Keep up the great work!

I'll trade you weather! We're in for at least a week long heat wave... I might actually melt.

Hoping that waking up gets easier with the consistent bedtimes. You're doing a great job!

I'm hoping it will kick in soon! I've had success approaching it like this in the past though.

• Like 2

Fonzico   

Week Zero Day Three:

Food: 3pts

Breakfast: Bell pepper stuffed with chicken salad

Lunch: salmon Caesar salad with cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Jambalaya. Oh man, this turned out so good! But then I ate too much of it...

Alcohol: none! 1pt

Biking: yep! 8.3km

Workout: Nooooo..... So we ended up going to try to figure out a guerrilla disc golf course we had heard about (meaning no baskets or tees, just a made up course using trees or other existing objects as targets)

We ran into some guys who actually play it all the time, and one of them showed us the course. So that was really cool! But it destroyed my workout time, and my bed time - didn't get home until after 10pm, and I was way too wired to sleep.

So on that note,

Sleep: 0pts!

Grrrr.

I (unsurprisingly) slept in again today. At least sleeping in is still enough time to get ready, just no extra time.

We may have dinner with my FIL tonight (or maybe tomorrow) but either way, I 1000% am working out tonight!

I also need to make up some bike kms... I am not biking today, and I was going to tomorrow, but I forgot I have a physio appt at 8 am! I will get it done though, I am getting an A in my biking goal this week come hell or high water!

I also need to focus on the quantity of food I'm eating... The quality has been quite high so far this week, but I'm eating too much. Aiming to stay under 1700 today and we'll see how that goes.

• Like 4

Following along of course. I love the goals! Need to focus on eating better quality food myself.  Looking at your meals I realized how boring and monotonous my diet is. 

• Like 2

Fonzico   

Boring food isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if it helps keep you on track :) i love to cook and find that keeping myself entertained with variety keeps me from feeling deprived.

But that being said, I eat some crazy delicious food, and I want that for everybody!

• Like 1

Fonzico   

Week Zero Day Four

Food: 3 pts - killed it! Kept overall calories reasonable too.

Breakfast: leftover salmon with scrambled eggs, feta, spinach and artichokes

Lunch: leftover jambalaya

Dinner: grilled chicken and veggies in a green chili sour cream sauce. With cheese. And salsa. So good. A little dairy heavy, but it's okay for one meal in a day.

Snack: homemade popsicle (banana, coconut milk, blueberries)

And some unsweetened iced tea with club soda and blueberries

Booze: none

Workout: Done! NF Yoga Water B plus 60 KB swings and 10 squats (20lbs)

Biking: Nope. I thought about biking to the grocery store, but I wimped out.

Sleep: got up late (630). Going to bed on time right now!

It was a great day overall - I feel good about it.

Also prepped some kale and quinoa salad for tomorrow, and I have leftover chicken breasts, so I am good to go!

• Like 2

Fonzico   

3 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Do you have a recipe for the Popsicle? I just bought some Popsicle molds, so I'm super excited about making some.

Super easy! Quantities depend on the size of your mold, of course, but worst case scenario, err on the side of too much and drink the leftovers (basically a smoothie). 

First layer is just 1 very ripe banana and 1/2 cup coconut milk (I would actually use more next time, because this layer was super delicious. Increase by 50%?)

blended together until smooth. I used an immersion blender and a measuring cup :)

Divide evenly between molds, and freeze for about 1/2 hour before adding 2nd layer.

Which is 1/2 banana, plus... 1 - 1.5 cups of fruit? I used blueberries. Also blended. I want to try mangoes, strawberries, peaches etc!

So the only thing I would change is to add some unflavored gelatin to both layers for texture purposes. I'm going to try that next time. It might also be better with the fruit in first, then the coconut milk layer second...

573002b7e08732ba146fc410751a3f4b.jpg

• Like 2

Fonzico   

Week Zero Day Five:

Food: 2pts

Breakfast: chicken breast, veggies, salsa, yum.

Lunch: quinoa and kale salad with chicken, cranberries and walnuts

Dinner: used a variance to go out for dinner with the hubs, mostly because it was too damned hot to cook and we wanted to hang out somewhere with air conditioning.

We shared some wild boar taquitos (so good!), I had tuna poke (not very good) and stole many a sweet potato fry from him.

Even though it was a variance, my calories and metrics were still in a good place, so mega win.

Booze: None. 1 pt

Workout: None

Biking: None

Sleep: got up 6 minutes after my goal!? Close. To bed doesn't count on the weekend :)

We played the guerrilla disc course again last night, which was fun. A crazy thunderstorm rolled in as we were finishing up - we got a good light show! The rain came pouring down about half way through the last hole.

Plans for today include working out, getting some biking in, checking on the in laws chickens and raiding their garden, and maybe taking the pupper dog to the lake - it's going to be another hot one!

• Like 2

Fonzico   

Workout compete! NF Yoga Water A, and the following with a 20lb kettlebell:

60 swings (various variations)

6 snatches per side

10 goblet squats

5 cleans per side

Easing back into it. The yoga was easier than last time. The KB stuff kicks my butt, even though it's pitifully little.

• Like 3