• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico   

Ugh you guys I am just having so much trouble getting my food choices back on track. I have no willpower :/

Partly I have not been meal prepping, which needs to change - last minute decisions rarely turn out well!

I also made the mistake of grocery shopping when I was super hungry, and now there is all kinds of crap in my house.

Whyyyy!?

Sigh.

Not cool.

Tonight I have time to make a proper meal though. I'm thinking jambalaya. Then I'll have good leftovers for a few days.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Ugh you guys I am just having so much trouble getting my food choices back on track. I have no willpower :/

Partly I have not been meal prepping, which needs to change - last minute decisions rarely turn out well!

I also made the mistake of grocery shopping when I was super hungry, and now there is all kinds of crap in my house.

Whyyyy!?

Sigh.

Not cool.

Tonight I have time to make a proper meal though. I'm thinking jambalaya. Then I'll have good leftovers for a few days.

Get rid of the bad groceries you bought. Give them to someone else? For me, if it's there I'll eat it. If it's not, I won't go seeking it out. 

• Like 4

On 7/23/2017 at 9:23 AM, Xena said:

if you are feeling a little stuffy, can I suggest WASABI? :beguiled:  And of course you would need something to go with it....

Like Sushi??!!! I think I'm feeling a little stuffy too...

I wish there was a magical willpower pill that I could take! I have the same issue Rhia and Fonzi! If I buy it, I eat it...ALL of it... This week I also caved and bought unhealthy snacks (mostly fueled by hormones when shopping) but now they are in my house. Taunting me in a way that my healthy sweet potatoes and squash don't! *sigh*

• Like 1

I bought some sweet potato crackers at Costco, not horribly bad for me, though. not as good as choice as a sweet potato. The real problem I have with them is that I'm never satisfied with just one serving, and a Costco size bag  doesn't help

• Like 1

Fonzico   

Week Three Day Two:

Food: 1 pt

Breakfast: eggs, cheese, sausage, onion

Lunch: chicken thighs, baby potatoes

Dinner: spinach and ricotta ravioli in creamy sausage/tomato sauce.

Snack: popsicle. Tortilla chips and salsa.

Booze: none

Workout: Yes!

Biking: 8.2kms!

Sleep: got up on time. Did not get to bed on time. (I have trouble winding down after disc golf league, and since we don't get home until after 9, it's a tough goal on those nights)

Week Three Day Three:

Food: 2 pts

Breakfast: leftover sausage/tomato sauce (sans pasta) and potato salad

Lunch: salmon maki, a beef samosa

Dinner: Jambalaya

Snack: ice cream :(

Booze: none

Workout: nope

Biking:

Nada

Sleep: slept in, but got to bed early.

We went and played the guerrilla disc golf course again. Much fun!

Okay, while my meals throughout the day haven't been perfect, it's really the evening snacking that's doing me in. No surprise really, recurring theme. But it absolutely needs to stop if I'm going to make any fat loss progress - it's the lynch pin.

Strategies: no junk in the house! I will hide the icecream in the downstairs freezer. Homemade popsicles are fine - they are low calorie and have no added sugar.

Remember to drink club soda with fruit!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Breakfast: leftover sausage/tomato sauce (sans pasta) and potato salad

Because we're eating gluten free, I've substituted pasta with cooked shredded cabbage. It's ok, but I would rather go without and just eat the "topping".

Strategies: no junk in the house! I will hide the icecream in the downstairs freezer. Homemade popsicles are fine - they are low calorie and have no added sugar.

Remember to drink club soda with fruit!

Great ideas all round :loyal:

21 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Like Sushi??!!! I think I'm feeling a little stuffy too...

I wish there was a magical willpower pill that I could take! I have the same issue Rhia and Fonzi! If I buy it, I eat it...ALL of it... This week I also caved and bought unhealthy snacks (mostly fueled by hormones when shopping) but now they are in my house. Taunting me in a way that my healthy sweet potatoes and squash don't! *sigh*

Get rid of the temptations! HB! Get rid of the junk food! 

Strategies: no junk in the house! I will hide the icecream in the downstairs freezer.

Yes! This!!!! 

• Like 2

Evicious   
3 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Get rid of the temptations! HB! Get rid of the junk food! 

Concur! Toss it in the bin if you can't give it away - yes, you'll be pained by the fact that you're literally throwing away money, but you'll gain so many willpower points back for not having it hanging around.

• Like 1

Fonzico   

Week Three Day Four:

Food: 1pt

Breakfast: eggy bacon cheesy sammich

Lunch: leftover Jambalaya

Dinner: sausage on a bun, coleslaw, Caesar salad, potato salad

Snack: a few too many little ginger snaps

Get it together, Fonzico.

Booze: none. But I was tempted. It was SO hot. And I picked like a gallon of raspberries and damn did I feel like a beer after that!

Workout: Yep, NF Yoga Water B. Felt like death afterward so did not bike to work.

Sleep: got up early, got IN to bed on time, but lights out was late. Good books, I tell ya.

Okay, so for real, I need to stop eating all the things!

I have a plan for today.

The major point is NO SNACKing after dinner!

• Like 1

Fonzico   

Whoops, I didn't mean to fall off the face of the planet there! 

I have been super crazy busy lately - and will be for a couple more weeks yet. 

Let's see. 

Last weekend hubs and I bought an old ('69) travel trailer that we are going to fix up. Then I spent all day Saturday making shirts and hats to sell. 

On Sunday we played a little one round tournament at a disc golf course about 2 hours away. Very fun. I came in 2nd, played very well! Sold a few shirts and took a few more orders :) good day. 

I also broke my alcohol fast that day. I didn't make the 35 days I had originally planned (I made 28 I think?) But I felt like I achieved what I hoped to (break the daily drink habit, and detox) and the Caesar I had that day was like the best thing ever. 

The week was just as busy - hubby's niece and nephew from the other side of the country are visiting, so we had dinner one night. Disc golf league night on Tuesday. Making more shirts and hats. 

On Friday, we took off for the next disc golf tourney in Drumheller. It's held in the Badlands of Canada (where all the dino bones are found). This course is bananas. Check out this video:

https://vimeo.com/139532935

The shot around 2 minutes? I parked that shot yesterday and birdied the hole... And I had a gallery, because it was our last hole and some other cards were making their way back as we were throwing. It was freaking awesome.

Anyways. We played 3 rounds over Sat/Sun, each round was 4-5 hours. Up and down those hills. I am so freaking sore today! So that was my workout this week. I came in third (out of 5, with one drop out, so not particularly impressive) but hey! I got a trophy and a couple prize discs so that was cool. 

So yeah. That's what I've been up to. Food choices have been up and down. Workouts have generally not happened. Biking has not been a thing. Sleep has been a very important thing, and I actually did get to bed/get up on time a lot, so good points there! 

Next weekend is my birthday party (having a luau, aww yeah!). Then the weekend after that is another disc tournament (on the side of a mountain). So with getting ready for those things, and fixing up our new trailer enough to at least sleep in, I will continue to have no free time for the next two weeks. All good though. 

The best thing I can control is food though, so that's going to be the thing. 

• Like 1

Wow, that course looks intense with so many hills. But so pretty too. Congrats on the birdie and trophy. Sounds like you are having a great summer, busy but lots of fun.

• Like 1

Wow, busy, busy, busy. Congrats on the birdie and trophy! And woot! woot! on 28 days for the alcohol fast. Hubby will go nuts if he doesn't have his one glass of red wine in the evenings. Well ok, he won't go nuts, but he likes his glass of wine (ox blood sour - we call it).

Good luck fixing the trailer and enjoy!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2017 at 2:49 PM, Fonzico said:

Oh AND I have a job interview tomorrow! It's for a part time advising position at my college :D

I am very excited!

Good luck on the interview, and how did it go?

• Like 1

Fonzico   

I think it went really well! 

Part of the interview was a 5 minute presentation about the college, and I put together a really good looking infographic to accompany it and it recieved rave reviews. I felt solid about the q&a portion too - I've got a good feeling! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

Part of the interview was a 5 minute presentation about the college, and I put together a really good looking infographic to accompany it and it recieved rave reviews. I felt solid about the q&a portion too - I've got a good feeling! 

Glad it went well Congrats on them liking the presentation, that's a very good sign.

6 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Awesome! :loyal:

Fonzico   
Glad it went well Congrats on them liking the presentation, that's a very good sign.
Awesome! :loyal:
I got it! Whoohoo!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I got it! Whoohoo!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Woot! Woot! The trophy cup is for Congratulations not thanks ;)