• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Flea's Balancing Act

Wouldn't be a Flea thread without a poll.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna kick this challenge in the ass?

• HELL YEAH!
    • Doing my best!

Owlet   

Oh boy, sending you all the love Flea. Sorry to hear your brother flipped out, that sounds horrendous. I'm glad you have somewhere to stay if need be, take care <3

• Like 2

Dagger   

Sending all the love from over here too. Sorry to hear about the bullshit from people. I hope your brother calms down soon.

If there is anything we overseas people can do, please tell us. We're here. <3

• Like 2

Emma   

Hugs

don't try to carry your father and brother  right now

they are grown ups and should be able to take care of themselves

the first few days will be chaotic and emotional, let others help (hospice people, funeral home, church, friends) as much as possible

more hugs

• Like 3

fleaball   

It's 11:30. My father told us both we have to leave by 11:40 to go to the funeral home and arrange things. My brother just got in the shower. 

• Confused 6

8 minutes ago, fleaball said:

It's 11:30. My father told us both we have to leave by 11:40 to go to the funeral home and arrange things. My brother just got in the shower. 

I don't understand people who are chronically late. I just don't. 

• Like 4

fleaball   
3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I don't understand people who are chronically late. I just don't. 

This is why I left him last night. Because he always pulls this shit. It's 11:44 and I just heard the water shut off. He hates going out with wet hair but it takes him 15 minutes to blow it dry. If you're late to work that's your own issue. When we have something important to do at a scheduled time and you are given a time to be ready, get your ass ready. 

• Like 6

fleaball   

"Dad can you tell him to hurry up? We have 10 minutes to get there."

"hey are you almost ready?"

THATS NOT HELPFUL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, fleaball said:

"Dad can you tell him to hurry up? We have 10 minutes to get there."

"hey are you almost ready?"

THATS NOT HELPFUL.

I'd say you should leave him again, but then you risk another tantrum. :/

• Like 3

fleaball   
4 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'd say you should leave him again, but then you risk another tantrum. :/

I told my father to go and we'd follow in the other car but he was afraid of a tantrum as well. He's tolerating my presence today and responding to direct questions so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I think it was a combination of his meds being off, lack of sleep for everyone, and definitely that ragey thing. Ngl I asked my father whether his guns were locked up (they usually aren't) and in retrospect I'm shocked I didn't get punched in the face when he was screaming at me. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

*Hugs* I am sorry you are dealing with all of this right now Flea. Your brother is lucky that he has such an understanding sister and you are being so strong for everyone.  *Hugs* I am sorry for you and your families loss (which I know doesn't always help). *hugs* Here if you need us

• Like 2

fleaball   

My aunt and uncle stopped by and now we're taking about cats and their male cat with long hair and how he's feminine-looking because of it. And my father just said "maybe he's transgender." Seriously what the fuck. Really? Why is this a thing that needed to be said? Maybe it's a good thing he forgot my mom outed me. 

• Confused 5

Severine   
2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Ngl I asked my father whether his guns were locked up (they usually aren't) and in retrospect I'm shocked I didn't get punched in the face when he was screaming at me. 

Ugh it is terrifying you even have to think about that stuff. Hope his medication adherence improves now that he's home again. And your dad should definitely have the guns locked up ALL THE TIME.

• Like 5

zeroh13   
27 minutes ago, Severine said:

And your dad should definitely have the guns locked up ALL THE TIME.

I very much second this.

• Like 4

fleaball   
32 minutes ago, Severine said:

And your dad should definitely have the guns locked up ALL THE TIME.

4 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I very much second this.

You'd think, right? But nope. Even when we were little his work one just went up on a very high shelf. There are boxes of bullets everywhere too. It's a fun place to live. 

The more I tell people on here about my life and childhood, the more I realize how fucked up things were. Whoops. 

• Like 6

fleaball   

I remember my mother bringing a casserole to the neighbors when their son died years ago but I'm laughing now as the food is starting to roll in. I thought it was only a thing that happened on tv/movies.

My father's cousin sent Panera breakfast things on Thursday (that sadly all went stale because we left in a hurry). Another cousin came with a frozen chicken pie and sides this morning. His station sent over a bunch of pasta and cookies from a local Italian place. My aunt and uncle dropped by with some sandwiches and fruit salad and mac & cheese. I'm so amused. Grateful, but amused. (And actually craving other food rn but too lazy to go get it when this is here. Womp.)

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

zeroh13   
10 minutes ago, fleaball said:

You'd think, right? But nope. Even when we were little his work one just went up on a very high shelf. There are boxes of bullets everywhere too. It's a fun place to live. 

The more I tell people on here about my life and childhood, the more I realize how fucked up things were. Whoops. 

My best friend in high school (haven't been in contact for years now), her dad was/is a cop, and IDK if he ever locked up his gun. I definitely remember seeing it sitting around a few times. And my friend would always be getting into the liquor cabinet and he never noticed. And my friend self-harmed and I wouldn't be surprised if there were times she was suicidal (she never said anything, but she was always trying to be "strong"). Yeah...

11 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I remember my mother bringing a casserole to the neighbors when their son died years ago but I'm laughing now as the food is starting to roll in. I thought it was only a thing that happened on tv/movies.

I didn't think that was a real thing either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

Oh it's real. Nothing says "my sympathies" like a casserole. 

And on that note... 

giphy.gif

My sympathies, Flea. Take care of yourself as much as you can, and feel free to ask for help if you need anything. We're all here for you. 

• Like 6

My sympathies, Flea. Sorry for your loss and sorry that your brother is being so scary.

Also, yes, the casseroles of sympathy are definitely a Real Thing.

• Like 2

RES   
On 8/13/2017 at 5:22 PM, zeroh13 said:

I didn't think that was a real thing either.

In the south the entire community will do it, knowing the person or family is not even required in some small towns...

• Like 3