Jump to content

Miss Marissa has no idea what her goals are


Recommended Posts

I think the reason why I've been mostly absent from here is because I don't really have any specific goals I've been working towards. My goals have all been rather general: eat healthy-ish, maintain body comp, heal from injury, and stay active.

 

Without a competition or something driving me to a more specific goal, and with being super busy with work I'm just kind of "meh" in fitness land. Especially while still rehabbing, I don't want to really push myself to do anything too soon.

 

Sooo.... I guess, soliciting goals? 

 

 

 

  • Like 8

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post

giphy.gif

 

 

Goal thoughts:

Rehabbing is a real goal!  Maybe video a rehab activity each week and put up here?  Lots of folks rehabbing - so a reminder to DYFR might be helpful to you and also to others...

 

Similarly, stay active is a real goal - are you trying new and different things to stay active while you heal?  If so, write them up and let us read about it!  Helpful to you (reminder to do the thing) helpful to us (hey, that might be a thing that I would like to try). 

 

ETA: I'm glad that you are around.  HUGGGZZZZzzzzz

 

  • Like 6

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Link to post

Agreed that rehabbing is legit as a goal. Then again, one of my goals is literally braiding hair this challenge, soooooo. 

giphy.gif

  • Like 8

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post

I completely understand. Rehab is totally legit - rehab sucks and no one wants to go. Going is definitely legit.

 

My goals this time around are going to include not panicking, so there's that ... and probably a hefty adulting and cleaning goal thrown in for good measure. Plus try to stop the chubby train. That sucker's trying to pull into the station.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

 

Link to post

I'm with you... feeling myself struggle to find challenge structure, and I guess that's a good sign that challenges are tipping the scale with successful habits. Sooo I dunno... hang out with fun people challenge? Color? 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 7
Link to post

I understand the feeling.  This is how I found NF in the first place. I had been working on some goals for about a year and then I finally got there and was like "now what?" I literally went to Google and typed in "hit my fitness goal, now what" and NF was like the first or second hit.

 

I decided to pick a new skill I wanted to learn and have tailored my challenges around the progressions.  Not sure what you can do while rehabbing, but maybe you could pick a skill/activity that wouldn't impact (or maybe even help) rehab and get wicked good at it.

  • Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post

Not really knowing what you're working for is definitely difficult. What about looking out 6 months to a year and seeing where you want to be? Do you want to do a competition then? Or are there skills you'd like to be able to do with your gymnastics? A lot of times, there are small things you can be working towards with those even if you're currently just trying to rehab and maintain body comp :) 

 

Also like a few others said, rehab is a real serious goal!

 

completely feel you on the "no goals" meh feeling, too. it's so much easier to be motivated with a specific goal you have to work towards!

  • Like 6
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Link to post
44 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Not really knowing what you're working for is definitely difficult. What about looking out 6 months to a year and seeing where you want to be? Do you want to do a competition then? Or are there skills you'd like to be able to do with your gymnastics? A lot of times, there are small things you can be working towards with those even if you're currently just trying to rehab and maintain body comp :) 

 

Also like a few others said, rehab is a real serious goal!

 

completely feel you on the "no goals" meh feeling, too. it's so much easier to be motivated with a specific goal you have to work towards!

Great advice!

  • Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

 

Link to post
48 minutes ago, spezzy said:

Not really knowing what you're working for is definitely difficult. What about looking out 6 months to a year and seeing where you want to be? Do you want to do a competition then? Or are there skills you'd like to be able to do with your gymnastics? A lot of times, there are small things you can be working towards with those even if you're currently just trying to rehab and maintain body comp :) 

 

Ja, this made me feel a little better in the wake of my recent injuries... sat down with my coach just last week to plan out the next year since my current plan was pooched. It wasn't anything more specific than: rehab-->rebuild-->hyper-->peak-->chill-->cut, but it's nice to have the big picture to help get through the slog of the minutia. (Jeez, how many of us are rehab right now??? :P)

  • Like 4
Link to post

Goal 1: Decide on a cake recipe for when Brogo comes to visit in August. 

  • Like 7

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

 

Link to post

Goals for vallenges are super hard when you don't have a target (or just one that's so far away it doesn't matter/just requires you to be consistent).

 

But like others said above, rehabbing is totally a goal. I made it one when I screwed up my shoulder last November. General food tracking has kind of always been a fallback goal of mine too, just to make sure things are keeping where they should be. And barring the physics stuff, selfcare goals are always good to have in challenges I've learned. 

 

Oh, and Hi. I'm trying to get back on the "visit other people and other guilds" bus. 

  • Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

 

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Link to post

Nooooope. I reject this challenge. If you can't reduce who you are as a person, including your complex wants and needs, into actionable edits you can make to a schedule, then GTFO. Tim Ferris would be ashamed of you.

 

In other news, I'm glad I know you. I'm also glad you're still with all of us in this weird pack of nerds. 

  • Like 6
Link to post

Hi there! Just jumping in to introduce myself and say I will also be rehabbing after back surgery in 3 weeks. Maybe we should start a rehab guild? We could be the Rehabilibuddies!

  • Like 3

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

 

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

 

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Link to post

Goal 2: purchase or rent a red carpet. 

  • Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

 

Link to post
On 7/4/2017 at 4:32 PM, Curl Brogo said:

Goal 1: Decide on a cake recipe for when Brogo comes to visit in August. 

 

On 7/7/2017 at 6:37 PM, Curl Brogo said:

Goal 2: purchase or rent a red carpet. 

Pie @ Hubbards? You decide on a date yet?

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post
1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

 

Pie @ Hubbards? You decide on a date yet?

 

Nothing definite. We were shooting for the 12th for the beer fest,  but that might coincide with another round of job interviews so I might have to push it back a bit.  

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

 

Link to post
On 7/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

giphy.gif

 

 

Goal thoughts:

Rehabbing is a real goal!  Maybe video a rehab activity each week and put up here?  Lots of folks rehabbing - so a reminder to DYFR might be helpful to you and also to others...

 

Similarly, stay active is a real goal - are you trying new and different things to stay active while you heal?  If so, write them up and let us read about it!  Helpful to you (reminder to do the thing) helpful to us (hey, that might be a thing that I would like to try). 

 

ETA: I'm glad that you are around.  HUGGGZZZZzzzzz

 

Thank you <3 I missed you guys 

 

On 7/3/2017 at 0:09 PM, raptron said:

Agreed that rehabbing is legit as a goal. Then again, one of my goals is literally braiding hair this challenge, soooooo. 

giphy.gif

Useful life skill. 10/10

 

On 7/4/2017 at 8:17 AM, darkfoxx said:

I completely understand. Rehab is totally legit - rehab sucks and no one wants to go. Going is definitely legit.

 

My goals this time around are going to include not panicking, so there's that ... and probably a hefty adulting and cleaning goal thrown in for good measure. Plus try to stop the chubby train. That sucker's trying to pull into the station.

DON"T PANIC! You got this.

 

On 7/4/2017 at 8:33 AM, RedStone said:

I'm with you... feeling myself struggle to find challenge structure, and I guess that's a good sign that challenges are tipping the scale with successful habits. Sooo I dunno... hang out with fun people challenge? Color? 

 

giphy.gif

Catch up on old TV? nap more?! lol

 

On 7/4/2017 at 9:54 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I understand the feeling.  This is how I found NF in the first place. I had been working on some goals for about a year and then I finally got there and was like "now what?" I literally went to Google and typed in "hit my fitness goal, now what" and NF was like the first or second hit.

 

I decided to pick a new skill I wanted to learn and have tailored my challenges around the progressions.  Not sure what you can do while rehabbing, but maybe you could pick a skill/activity that wouldn't impact (or maybe even help) rehab and get wicked good at it.

Welcome!

Yea, that might be something I could do. I've been working handstands A LOT.

 

On 7/4/2017 at 9:59 AM, spezzy said:

Not really knowing what you're working for is definitely difficult. What about looking out 6 months to a year and seeing where you want to be? Do you want to do a competition then? Or are there skills you'd like to be able to do with your gymnastics? A lot of times, there are small things you can be working towards with those even if you're currently just trying to rehab and maintain body comp :) 

 

Also like a few others said, rehab is a real serious goal!

 

completely feel you on the "no goals" meh feeling, too. it's so much easier to be motivated with a specific goal you have to work towards!

Yea... I signed up for a Go ruck at the end of september, which seems far away, but now I realize is like... less than 3 months from now, so I should probably start training for that I guess. Part of it is that I'm just, not terribly excited about it. haha

 

On 7/4/2017 at 10:57 AM, RedStone said:

 

Ja, this made me feel a little better in the wake of my recent injuries... sat down with my coach just last week to plan out the next year since my current plan was pooched. It wasn't anything more specific than: rehab-->rebuild-->hyper-->peak-->chill-->cut, but it's nice to have the big picture to help get through the slog of the minutia. (Jeez, how many of us are rehab right now??? :P)

So.... I've done that before and I always change my mind before I follow through with it all (or like... get injured or sign up for a comp or something else that effs it up)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

On 7/4/2017 at 6:11 PM, RisenPhoenix said:

Goals for vallenges are super hard when you don't have a target (or just one that's so far away it doesn't matter/just requires you to be consistent).

 

But like others said above, rehabbing is totally a goal. I made it one when I screwed up my shoulder last November. General food tracking has kind of always been a fallback goal of mine too, just to make sure things are keeping where they should be. And barring the physics stuff, selfcare goals are always good to have in challenges I've learned. 

 

Oh, and Hi. I'm trying to get back on the "visit other people and other guilds" bus. 

Self care yes. Food tracking is not really a thing I do anymore lol

 

On 7/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, Laghail said:

Nooooope. I reject this challenge. If you can't reduce who you are as a person, including your complex wants and needs, into actionable edits you can make to a schedule, then GTFO. Tim Ferris would be ashamed of you.

 

In other news, I'm glad I know you. I'm also glad you're still with all of us in this weird pack of nerds. 

I should be ashamed. woe is me.

 

<3

 

On 7/5/2017 at 6:23 PM, AngelaTheGeek said:

Hi there! Just jumping in to introduce myself and say I will also be rehabbing after back surgery in 3 weeks. Maybe we should start a rehab guild? We could be the Rehabilibuddies!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Let's do it

 

 

 

 

I just want to let everyone know I touched my toes in therapy on Friday. First time since February. (standing bent over toe touch)

200.gif

  • Like 9

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post
6 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I just want to let everyone know I touched my toes in therapy on Friday. First time since February. (standing bent over toe touch)

200.gif

 

giphy.gif

 

Also, that gif of Hillary just gave me life. 

  • Like 2

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

 

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

 

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Link to post

Yay, on the toe touch! See? L-e-g-I-t

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

 

Link to post

HEY LADY!!!!  I missed you :D It's been a minute (or two).

 

I'm just getting swung back up into things this challenge, and mentally recovering from a neck injury they physical recovery of which I didn't have challenges for so I my ideas are limited on this, but I will definitely be following along.

 

When I have been stuck on challenges in the past I like to work on the little things in my life that really make a difference in my overall accomplished feelings - like laundry or stretching or sleep - hell I had putting time aside for adult colouring as a goal one challenge so there's plenty you can do to get yourself inspired.  Hope you are doing well!! <3

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 7/10/2017 at 11:45 AM, AngelaTheGeek said:

 

giphy.gif

 

Also, that gif of Hillary just gave me life. 

I know right!?!?! It's low key brilliant.

 

On 7/10/2017 at 9:22 PM, darkfoxx said:

Yay, on the toe touch! See? L-e-g-I-t

 

 

Thank you!!!!

 

On 7/10/2017 at 10:18 PM, Raxie said:

HEY LADY!!!!  I missed you :D It's been a minute (or two).

 

I'm just getting swung back up into things this challenge, and mentally recovering from a neck injury they physical recovery of which I didn't have challenges for so I my ideas are limited on this, but I will definitely be following along.

 

When I have been stuck on challenges in the past I like to work on the little things in my life that really make a difference in my overall accomplished feelings - like laundry or stretching or sleep - hell I had putting time aside for adult colouring as a goal one challenge so there's plenty you can do to get yourself inspired.  Hope you are doing well!! <3

tumblr_lit5wdB6j21qcfba3o1_500.gif

HIIIIIII!!!!!!! I'm so happy to have you back <3

I'll have to pop over to your challenge, but sorry to hear about the injury and I hope your recovery is going well. Sleep is a good one! My sleep has been very poor lately so that would be a good area to focus my effort. Cleaning goals too! Who says all my nerd fitness goals have to be fitness related, right?!?!

  • Like 2

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post

sleep is totally fitness related!

  • Like 4

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, miss_marissa said:

HIIIIIII!!!!!!! I'm so happy to have you back <3

I'll have to pop over to your challenge, but sorry to hear about the injury and I hope your recovery is going well. Sleep is a good one! My sleep has been very poor lately so that would be a good area to focus my effort. Cleaning goals too! Who says all my nerd fitness goals have to be fitness related, right?!?!

 

Glad to be here!

 

After all this talk of sleep I feel like I need to maybe add that in to my goals this challenge too.  My sleep patterns have been like... 4.5-6 hours week nights and then 11 on the weekends.  That can't be healthy. 

 

I find my fitness goals are a lot easier to work with when I'm in a positive environment so cleaning really does impact my fitness - if I slack on cleaning I tend to start slacking on everything else!  You could also try meditation or water intake... so many things to level up your life during recovery.  Use it as an opportunity to focus on some stuff you may have been missing before :)

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines