• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

karinajean

karinajean finds a horse, gets back on it, horse becomes amazing sparkly unicorn, and life is beautiful.

Yay KJ!

This challenge is going to inspire the greatest of gifs!         To start on my side of things;  a gif of me watching this thread.

gif-unicorn-sparkles-670434.gif

<3 you chica!   Can't wait to follow you again.  

• Like 1

I'm going to declare a SUNDAY start. just because I went for a run on sunday and it was HORRIBLE and I feel like I need to get some kind of points

I went for a walk today at lunch, and it's my husband's first day at his new job!

I'm heading home - but wanted to just check in and say hi, it's day 2 for me.  ohai.

• Like 7

I've done that same thing before!   Had I played hockey on Sunday, I would have had a Sunday start.   But I skipped hockey and ate lots of lobster and shrimp and gummy worms.  MONDAY IT IS!

hi friends!

I am having a REALLY ROUGH readjustment to my husband working.

he isn't home until 8PM or later and then he wants to noodle around on the couch after my bedtime.

and then he's up at 5AM.

and it's July which is the most tired month for me always, probably because of daylight and birds.

so, I haven't gotten up to run this week as I had planned.

BOOHISS

I did go for a walk at lunch with the colleagues on Monday and Tuesday, and also did TKD on tuesday night.

not the best though!

I haven't gotten my challenge drawn out either, which I am sure is causing a problem.

things I *AM* doing are:

eating the CSA - this was my lunch today (with a PBJ sandwich)

11089f38c5f2147a2c1f9be6486706bb.jpg

spinning every day. I'm doing a "tour de fleece" challenge and am spinning for at least 10 minutes every day. these are unplyed singles, when I get another bobbin of different fiber spun I'll switch to the plying head and finish the yarn.

08fdd6fa70938269de2e38072218a3e9.jpg

logging my calories! that's going pretty well.

keeping the kitchen clean, and I even scrubbed the tub yesterday morning.

so, things are not AWFUL.

they're just not exercise-ful.

(OK THAT WAS AWFUL I APOLOGIZE)

1a2a9805b8140b53e1542f7bdea42478.jpg

• Like 6

Hey chica.  It's okay to get lots of things figured out and done, that aren't super uber exercise and health and ALL THE NF'ING!      It's sooo sooo hard to mentally wrap around that!  I am struggling crazy hard with it right now.     See- I've got so much I wanna do, and when I try to force everything in to it's schedule, I get meh and growly.  This week, I've been trying to ride the mojo, rather than stay inside the solid lines.   And I ended up kicking ass on my art last night because I wasn't worried about the other things I had told myself, "I HAD TO DO".

... ya know, I might have to take a page from @Jarric and try the point system challenge soon.  Forget the X/week, do all the things.  JUST DO.   Live each day and DO.    (Ok, who am I kidding... being my twin, you know that I'd freak out trying that, right?  LOL.)

Anyway.   Yeah, just do the stuff.   Adjustment period and all that!

• Like 2

On 13/7/2017 at 0:16 AM, karinajean said:

so, things are not AWFUL.

they're just not exercise-ful.

I feel you on this. There are weeks when I do plenty of things and however I have this dissatisfaction feeling because if exercise is not there the week wasn't "good". But it is good. It is just our silly minds.

• Like 1

HELLO FRIENDS

I was like, yo where's my challenge?

OH AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE TWO BECAUSE I NEVER UPDATE.

sadfaces!!!

Week 1 Results! (this is hampered by not having drawn my tracker yet!!!)

Goal 1. Work the food thing. Stay on target with the calories. try to increase protein. eat your csa veggies. be cool. I would say I was cool. LoseIt says I was 534 calories under for the week NET.

Sunday: ate back exercise / calories net zero | Monday ate all the things with celebration dinner for husband, over calories | Tuesday: didn't SIGNIFICANTLY eat back calories after exercise | Weds: over by 137 / no exercise | Thurs: ate back 1/2 of exercise - still under by 400 cal | Friday: under by 100 cal | sat: ate back 1/2 exercise - under by 800 cal

I say I want to eat more protein but I am 5/7 days at 90ish grams, and then 2/7 days at 140-200 g protein. I could improve. so I'm going to give myself a.... B-?

Goal 2. Do a thing every day. just a thing. a pokewalk, a stretching session, tkd, running, these are all things I like.

Sunday: Run | Monday: Walk | Tuesday: Walk and TKD | Wednesday NOPE | Thursday: long hot site walk and TKD | Friday: NOPE | Sat. dojo sat.

so, that's 5/7 days. which I think is a C+.

Goal 3. Don't bag out on this challenge. I kind of bagged out. I only posted, like, 2x!!! better this week, must do better. this is a D. a solid D.

bet next week I pick a totally different grading schema. just prepping you for that.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, karinajean said:

I could improve. so I'm going to give myself a.... B-?

Hmm... good but room for improvement seems more like B+ territory to me. ;)

• Like 1

On 2017-7-12 at 6:16 PM, karinajean said:

July which is the most tired month for me always, probably because of daylight and birds

The birds are so obnoxious! haha

My gf has a sleeping mask because of the daylight. I think I need one, too.

• Like 1

hey so checkin' in! wit crew!

I took a few minutes today to jot down in my hobobujo what I've been doing this week. I picked sunday start, right? well, sunday I didn't do the exercise party. but Monday I went running, did 2.5 miles. Tuesday was tkd. and this morning, I also went running. it was 2 miles, in 98% humidity. it was only 69 deg. but it was SO uncomfortable.

we are slightly behind on CSA share. we have some yellow squash that need eating from last week. I can never keep up with the fresh herbs (unless it's basil, which we got last night and will be having for pesto dinner tonight). Just about finished lettuce from last week but it got kind of wilty.

food is going ok but today I ate a boatload of sandwiches with lunch. oh, whatevs. I was super hungry.

I decided I'm at week 3 of the hal higdon 8K training program, and am planning on an 8K on 9/9/17. Also, it's my husbands birthday, and there is a parade that goes by our house, so after the run we will host a parade watching party and eat waffles that I will cook in the driveway like a cook. PERFECTION.

I have a bunch of things that I want to do but keep running out of time! I am at work a little too late every day. I have spinning I want to do (that spinning challenge is over in a few days) and I want to clean the whole house and buy new furniture (now that my husband has a job I am plotting an ikea spending spree) and also I have SO MANY THINGS to write in my hobobujo and am so totally super behind. UGH. well, that's July for you. It's bright, the birds are noisy, it is hot and humid, and I feel like I have no time at all.

• Like 3

Nice job on the runs, looks like you're back on track with exercise!

Mmm waffles...

4 hours ago, karinajean said:

I have a bunch of things that I want to do but keep running out of time! I am at work a little too late every day.... UGH. well, that's July for you. It's bright, the birds are noisy, it is hot and humid, and I feel like I have no time at all.

Umm I hate to break it to you, but except for the birds and the heat this is you every month. :P 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Umm I hate to break it to you, but except for the birds and the heat this is you every month. :P 

aaah you're right!

this time of year though I can blame the birds and the heat for me not sleeping enough, and not myself.

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Also herbs freeze well!

I need to do this! how do you freeze them? I have never really found a way I'm 100% happy with (note: have only tried a couple of ways).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Twilight said:

The birds are so obnoxious! haha

My gf has a sleeping mask because of the daylight. I think I need one, too.

in the winter I'll sleep with a hat on, like, a big fluffy knit hat - and I can pull it over my eyes in the morning. it's way too hot for that right now though!

On 7/13/2017 at 11:12 AM, Starpuck said:

Hey chica.  It's okay to get lots of things figured out and done, that aren't super uber exercise and health and ALL THE NF'ING!      It's sooo sooo hard to mentally wrap around that!  I am struggling crazy hard with it right now.     See- I've got so much I wanna do, and when I try to force everything in to it's schedule, I get meh and growly.  This week, I've been trying to ride the mojo, rather than stay inside the solid lines.   And I ended up kicking ass on my art last night because I wasn't worried about the other things I had told myself, "I HAD TO DO".

... ya know, I might have to take a page from @Jarric and try the point system challenge soon.  Forget the X/week, do all the things.  JUST DO.   Live each day and DO.    (Ok, who am I kidding... being my twin, you know that I'd freak out trying that, right?  LOL.)

Anyway.   Yeah, just do the stuff.   Adjustment period and all that!

I've tried a point-score challenge and I just kind of hate holding myself accountable. which is really the big issue, right? like, I'm GENERALLY and IN COMPARISON TO AVERAGE MORTALS doing pretty well. but I know I can do better, and I don't want to force myself to do better because it will make me prioritize and pick something over another thing and then of course what if I fail? so, I noodle around and am slighly ineffective and kind of not accountable.

ugh, maybe that's what my august challenge should be. AUGUST IS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY. (<--- that sux already.)

On 7/13/2017 at 10:44 AM, raptron said:

Doings things that aren't fitness things are still very valuable and good things. <3 

TRUTH and the reason for summer too yeah?

On 7/13/2017 at 10:46 AM, sylph said:

oh, I like the colors on that right-hand bobbin! So pretty!

I forgot to snap a picture of the one I'm working now... it's all reds and pinks and yellows, so beautiful. I have NO IDEA what I will do with these little bits of yarn - I'm not even sure how much I'll get when plied, I'm hoping for more than 100 yds per 4 oz but have had a VERY spotty track record in the past (but I wasn't trying very hard then so...).

• Like 1