• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

There doesn't seem to be a list anywhere of the forum rankings by post count, so here's best effort:

I know how they start:

0 - 99 Newbie

100 - 249 Malcontent

250 - 499 Revolter

500 - 749 Recruit 

750 - 999 Separatist

1000 - 1499 Rebel

1500 - 1999 Renegade

2000 - ??? Antagonist

And then there's:
(not sure how accurate these are)

4000+ Innovator

(starting from <)5000 Rookie

6000+ Revolutionary 

7000+ Nerd Fitness Sage

≠ Guild Leader/Moderator/Admin/Ambassador

And then at some point you can change it to whatever you want, I think. Does anyone have better specifics on the Rebel - Nerd Fitness Sage stages? Am I missing any? 

ETA 7/18/17: I'm continuing to update this as I rank up and confirm the post counts. 

• Like 1

@Tanktimus the Encourager so you're saying 

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

And then at some point you can change it to whatever you want, I think.

is no longer true, but there are a few people running around with custom rankings that were ported over? (7000 posts is a long way off for me anyway so it's not like I'm getting excited about it... I swear...) 

I thought it might be like with name changes, after a certain number of posts you unlock the ability to change it. Guess not. D: 

2 minutes ago, noxiousGnome said:

I have no idea. I am a Recruit last I looked?

You're a Recruit! It shows right under your username whenever you post. You can see your number of posts just above your guild icon. Maybe with 352 more posts, you'll become a Rebel! (If I estimated right!) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

There doesn't seem to be a list anywhere of the forum rankings by post count, so here's best effort:

I know how they start:

0 - 99 Newbie

100 - 249 Malcontent

250 - 499? Revolter

500? - ? Recruit 

And then there's:
(not sure how accurate these are)

1000+ Rebel

1500+ Renegade

2500+ Antagonist

4000+ Innovator

(starting from <)5000 Rookie

6000+ Revolutionary 

7000+ Nerd Fitness Sage

≠ Admin

And then at some point you can change it to whatever you want, I think. Does anyone have better specifics on the Rebel - Nerd Fitness Sage stages? Am I missing any? 

I have been wondering about this for a while too

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ranking means nothing, other than a label. I say this(if true), to prevent newbies from spamming posts, just to get their count up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brawlrus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ranking means nothing, other than a label. I say this(if true), to prevent newbies from spamming posts, just to get their count up.

The rankings mean "you've made this many posts." But there's no benefit or status to having made a certain number of posts, other than your ranking changing. 

Newbies (or anyone else) should not be spamming posts just to get their count up, as it is against forum rules. I'm not sure exactly what powers mods have but I would hope anyone blatantly disrespecting these rules would be blocked. The forums here at NF have a great community and my asking this question is not in any way intended to sabotage that. 

I just like to know what's coming. The rankings are another part of gamifying my life; they're a level system just like everything else, except you're leveling up "self-improvement" and "community" and "persistence." What's wrong with that?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Regular users could never change their titles, it had to be a guild leader under the old system. Yes, people's titles did come over to the new software, and admins still change people's titles periodically.

Somehow I missed this post earlier, sorry. 

"Admins still change people's titles periodically..." do they give you a heads up, or is it just like a boon bestowed by the gods?? I feel like the more you tell me, the more questions I have lol.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Somehow I missed this post earlier, sorry. 

"Admins still change people's titles periodically..." do they give you a heads up, or is it just like a boon bestowed by the gods?? I feel like the more you tell me, the more questions I have lol.

Most of the time you'll get a heads up before hand if they change it. I say this as having a custom ranking (which for the record spezzy gave me without warning, thanks spezzy :P) and being a former admin. Usually they are done because that particular member is a standout in the community or has won one of the virtual competitions that are put on periodically, or the mods were feeling silly that day. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bigm141414 said:

Most of the time you'll get a heads up before hand if they change it. I say this as having a custom ranking (which for the record spezzy gave me without warning, thanks spezzy :P) and being a former admin. Usually they are done because that particular member is a standout in the community or has won one of the virtual competitions that are put on periodically, or the mods were feeling silly that day. 

Lol so it IS like a gift from the gods. 

Thanks for the info!

3 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

or the mods were feeling silly that day. 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

By far the most common reason.

Seriously. There was a point when all the Monk GLs were more active back in the day were we had a Title War where we kept changing one another's title....

It got a bit silly. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Seriously. There was a point when all the Monk GLs were more active back in the day were we had a Title War where we kept changing one another's title....

It got a bit silly. 

That's fantastic though! What fun!

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

That's fantastic though! What fun!

You may have to ask the victims of said silliness.  I remember waking up one morning with some weird title.

And THEN there was the time I went drinking with a bunch of GLs and Admins.... THAT was silly.

• Like 3

I used to change the forum titles of Assassin guild mini-challenge participants to something reflecting the theme of our mini-challenge each time.  Not being able to do that anymore after the forum format change was tremendously disappointing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, fleaball said:

7000 is definitely NF Sage. I just went back through my old posts to figure out when I leveled up.

I was pretty sure about that one because I remember when I first respawned everyone in your challenge was posting pictures of sage and other herbs and you had around 7000 posts then, so it must've been new and exciting hahaha.

I'm mostly curious about Innovator and Rookie, since I got the estimates I have by looking around the forums at the rankings of people with different numbers of posts and I couldn't find anyone who seemed to have just switched over. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Thanks! I notice "Rookie" isn't on the list... has that rank been removed? 

I don't remember the last time it was changed, but it's been a long time. This is the current list pulled from the admin panel. 

On 10/20/2017 at 10:39 PM, spezzy said:

I don't remember the last time it was changed, but it's been a long time. This is the current list pulled from the admin panel. 

<<<< then how come I've been a rookie forever even though I'm 5,000+ posts? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm also super confused about the people with the Rookie rank that I see floating around the forums. 

The only thing I can think of is that someone purposefully gave you guys a special title, which is overriding post count changes? But why so many Rookies? 

9 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

3 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm also super confused about the people with the Rookie rank that I see floating around the forums. 

The only thing I can think of is that someone purposefully gave you guys a special title, which is overriding post count changes? But why so many Rookies? 

It's an error in the member's profile.  I used to fix this for people under previous forum software versions.  But doing so under the current software requires Admin privileges, which I don't have.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hazard said:

It's an error in the member's profile.

That's really sneaky. Is it a holdover from a previous ranking system, or just some kind of weird bug?