TempestTiffy wants to dance!

Hi everyone!

Many.....MANY years ago I used to do ballroom dancing. Life made this difficult and I haven't danced in a long time. My beautiful 4yo daughter started dancing earlier this year and I am so jealous! I've decided when i reach my goals I'm going to start dancing again. :) SO goals are all about getting energy and confidence!

Keeping it super simple

Goal 1: beginners body weight workout every 3 days. Shiftwork and kids means I don't recover as quick as I'd like. every 3 days is manageable without hurting myself or giving up from exhaustion

Goal 2: Improve my sleep by not taking my phone to bed and turning off electronics half an hour before bed.

Goal 3: Take my lunch/dinner to work with me every day. Pretty simple but pretty necessary!

Goal 4: Track all my spending and create a budget by the end of the challenge (next time I'll try and stick to it ha ha)

I'm also a bit of a hippie so am attempting plastic free July!

• Like 1

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

The first week was a write off. everyone was sick so I was getting about 3 hours a night sleep. I have joined the academy though and found that the level one body weight workout is much more achievable for me. I think having a workout that I can actually complete even with minimal sleep and in my bathroom while the kids are in the bath is a big step towards victory. I find I tend to try and do everything on beast mode so I never get past the tutorial because I don't have the ability. I need to learn to take the easy path if it means making gains.
I did manage to take my lunch with me to work but i found i wasn't taking enough. I need to take too much and be ok if I don't eat it i think because I'll just be looking for chocolate and biscuits if I don't. I'm on annual leave now so no issues for the next 2 weeks :P
I have also been super strict with the no phone in bed. I took fb off my phone and have found so much time i didn't know I had. I can actually not know where my phone is in the house for HOURS at a time.
The budget is coming along. I even did my taxes so am going well there. My hippie plastic free July is doing really well too. No straws, plastic bags (the major supermarkets in Australia have announced they will be phasing out plastic bags starting next year woohoo!), plastic bottles or coffee cups.

I feel like I'm on the right path. I bought the NFA while in a sleep deprived delirium and sorta regretted spending the money but I do feel like the baby steps are helping. It's reminding me not to play on hard and not to rush through the story line. Just enjoy it. :) My daughter has a class on Friday so I'm thinking of talking to the manager about what class is a good one to join.

LEVEL 2

I am so proud of myself! Despite sickness is taking over my life (its winter and my kids keep bringing home diseases!) and nightshift (soul crushing nightshift that made me want to quit my job) I have still done my work outs! This is so so exciting for me. One more workout and I will have crushed that goal. First time properly completing a challenge. I think finding a time that suits (while the kids are in the bath I workout while supervising them. Body weight exercise FTW!) has really helped. Also guarantees I bathe my kids :P

I'm now at the point where I'm starting to plan my next challenge. I'm thinking of grading it IE. start with one thing (drink 1.5l water a day) and then the next week build on it (eat 5 serves of veg) then build on that (2 serves of fruit) then by the end I'm hoping to level up my fitness? I dont know if thats too soon. I think I need to find an activity to do on my non body weight days. I like running but itsa not safe here at night and the magpies keep swooping during the day even when its not spring. :/ Ideas would be great.

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Congrats on sticking to your goals, despite some nasty opposition there! The gradual ramp-out sounds like it could be quite useful, just keep in mind that bad weeks happen, so having some breathing room to allow for that might help. 

Would swooping still be a problem if you're doing QMs (quadrupedal movements)? Since your head isn't the tallest point, that might help. You might be a natural pro at QMs, but I've found I cover far less ground doing those than walking, so you could stay inside or close to the entrance/ safe areas while doing them. They're quite exhausting for a short period of time, and a good full-body workout. 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current