Jump to content

Mad Hatter does... something?


Recommended Posts

Ohai.

 

0f8.gif

 

I don't know what I want to prioritise. I just wanna do all the things. :rolleyes: The only thing I know for sure is that I want to start learning Finnish again!

 

So for now I'm going to leave this challenge as a place holder for random gifs and chit chat and we'll see what happens. :) 

 

EDIT:

 

I haz challenge!

 

And with that I mean @sylph posted her challenge and I stole the whole thing hahaha. :D (Thank you Sylph ;)) But it's all good because we're in this together!

 

  • Structured Circus – Class at least once per week (pole) +5 points per class 
  • Stretchiness – At least 2 out-of-class stretching sessions (at least 10 mins each) per week. One of these can be body-maintenance type stuff (foam rolling, etc.) if desired. +5 points per session (additional sessions per week can count for additional points)
  • Abs – Video Challenge at least once per week (alternating who chooses each week or we each choose one each week for both of us to do).  +5 points per video completed (each video can count more than once if done in the week it is the Video Challenge)
  • Life goal – Start learning Finnish again. Ideally a little bit every day. Unscored
  • Bonus – Photo or video progress on butterfly (pole), forearm stand or flying pigeon. Haven't decided on which one. Maybe I'll just do all 3. :P  Unscored
  • Extra Double Bonus – Stock up freezer with 5 meals.
  • Like 8
Link to comment

yaaaaaas something!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

 

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

 

Link to comment

giphy.gif

  • Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Link to comment

Ok guys, I need some help here. I have no idea what to do for a challenge. I've considered an unchallenge or a battle log type thing, but I feel like I WANT to do a challenge, I just don't know what to put in it. :) 

 

So I have a favour to ask. Could you just make one for me? :P No seriously.

 

giphy.gif

 

Here are the things I've been toying with:

  • Bridges
  • Abzzz
  • General conditioning
  • Pull-ups
  • Handstands
  • Floorwork (I got a bunch of videos that I really want to play with but it might be tricky atm as my floor's occupied for the next few weeks)
  • Active flexibility/PT work (my hips have been super wonky and hurty lately, thought it might help)
  • Splits (I do want to try again, but maybe it's better to do it when I feel more enthused about the process?)
  • Scary stuff (for some reason I feel like such a scaredy cat these days, I think I need to get out of my comfort zone more often)

Looking at this list even I realise it's just a teeeeny bit ridiculous to add in one challenge. Which is saying something. ;) But I really can't prioritise. Or even decide what kind of goals I want. Sooo could you maybe just pick a few favourites and put it in a challenge for me? 

 

giphy.gif 

 

You can do them as easy or hard as you want, as long as you think I'm capable of it! Keeping in mind this is on top of climbing (1-3x/week) and poleing.(1-2x/week) 

 

Soooo what do you say? :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sooo could you maybe just pick a few favourites and put it in a challenge for me? 

 

omg, I wouldn't know what to choose. Everything shiny, I guess.

To me floorwork videos sound like fun, while abs or general conditioning don't, but that's me.

If you want to work on splits but you say your hips feel weird, maybe it would be better to work on overall flexibility/hips/back flexibility for a while before attacking splits?

 

Scary stuff is always good to work on, as long as you can handle it. Which type/level of scary are we talking about? Lonely walk in nature at night or lonely walk into a favela?

  • Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, zenLara said:

omg, I wouldn't know what to choose. Everything shiny, I guess.

To me floorwork videos sound like fun, while abs or general conditioning don't, but that's me.

If you want to work on splits but you say your hips feel weird, maybe it would be better to work on overall flexibility/hips/back flexibility for a while before attacking splits?

 

Scary stuff is always good to work on, as long as you can handle it. Which type/level of scary are we talking about? Lonely walk in nature at night or lonely walk into a favela?

Right? So hard to choose!

Not all of it is fun, but I feel like I could really use it. Even though I'm ok when it comes to strength I feel like I'm not very fit.

Yes, I think so too. 

 

Haha I meant more like scary/uncomfortable movements. :) Like for example handstand to forward roll or handstand to bridge (I don't even know why they're scary, I've done both before) A bunch of climbing moves (though they're more difficult to judge as they're always different)

 

Just now, Twilight said:

Can you rotate through the list so you get them all? :D

That's an idea! But then I'd lose consistency? Could be fun though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm also waffling about during this pre-challenge phase, which is part of the reason I haven't put my thread up yet.

 

Maybe wanna do some PvP-ish/accountabili-buddy circus-related thing with me? Low-key habitual stretchiness or something similar? I am terribad at being consistent with stretching unless I am physically at the circus gym, but maybe with our powers combined we could keep each other on track?

 

General stretchiness or splits-focused or ab conditioning (ugh all the ab conditioning--we could challenge each other to ridiculous ab vids each week or something?)

ahem. I just now noticed that guy's front-and-center package in the background of the thumbnail for this video. lolz.

 

All that to say, I think I'm attempting something of a circus-related comeback over the next few challenges and if you want to participate in that, I think that would be cool. (If not, also cool. No pressure)

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Haha I meant more like scary/uncomfortable movements. :) Like for example handstand to forward roll or handstand to bridge (I don't even know why they're scary, I've done both before) A bunch of climbing moves (though they're more difficult to judge as they're always different)

Hahahaaa, I totally misunderstood. Taking from what I've read in other threads, I imagined you were eager to traverse mont Hua on a tuk tuk :lol:

Stomach-jolting: You have to have nerves of steel to risk death or serious injury when you take on one of the world's most dangerous trails - Mount Hua in China. It features stomach-churning drops, vertical ascents, steep staircases and narrow walkways, with only a small chain to cling onto

 

 

8 minutes ago, sylph said:

Maybe wanna do some PvP-ish/accountabili-buddy circus-related thing with me? Low-key habitual stretchiness or something similar? I am terribad at being consistent with stretching unless I am physically at the circus gym, but maybe with our powers combined we could keep each other on track?

 

General stretchiness or splits-focused or ab conditioning (ugh all the ab conditioning--we could challenge each other to ridiculous ab vids each week or something?)

Those are great ideas!

  • Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to comment

How's this?

 

Goals:

  • Structured Circus – Class at least once per week (pole for you, silks/rope for me) +5 points per class 
  • Stretchiness – At least 2 out-of-class stretching sessions (at least 10 mins) per week. One of these can be body-maintenance type stuff (foam rolling, etc.) if desired. +5 points per session (additional sessions per week can count for additional points)
  • Abs –Video Challenge at least once per week (alternating who chooses each week or we each choose one each week for both of us to do).  +5 points per video completed (each video can count more than one if done in the week it is the Video Challenge)
  • Life goal – Challenger’s choice. Mine will probably be about food or cleaning. unscored

Scoring/competitiveness optional. Edit as you see fit. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Hahahaaa, I totally misunderstood. Taking from what I've read in other threads, I imagined you were eager to traverse mont Hua on a tuk tuk :lol:

 

Haha nope, haven't developed a death wish yet. :D:D 

 

6 minutes ago, sylph said:

How's this?

 

Goals:

  • Structured Circus – Class at least once per week (pole for you, silks/rope for me) +5 points per class 
  • Stretchiness – At least 2 out-of-class stretching sessions (at least 10 mins) per week. One of these can be body-maintenance type stuff (foam rolling, etc.) if desired. +5 points per session (additional sessions per week can count for additional points)
  • Abs –Video Challenge at least once per week (alternating who chooses each week or we each choose one each week for both of us to do).  +5 points per video completed (each video can count more than one if done in the week it is the Video Challenge)
  • Life goal – Challenger’s choice. Mine will probably be about food or cleaning. unscored

Scoring/competitiveness optional. Edit as you see fit. :)

 

giphy.gif

 

Getting excited! :D 

 

I think this is solid. Hopefully the PvP aspect will help me get off the sofa and start stretching. :D 

 

How would you feel about adding in a skill element to work on for the four weeks? Not necessarily scored, but for fun to see progress. Or perhaps a video/photo component to spice things up? :) 

 

I think my life goal will be Finnish. Can't really cope with food goals at the moment. Or adulting. :P 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Looks like an awesome challenge!

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to comment

If I think about it for too long you'll end up with a challenge even more complicated with 1000 points available :P Good job Sylvia got there first!

 

Other formats that might work for you:

  • different shiny focus each week
  • wide variety of things that you get points for, so whatever you feel like doing, it will count for something (like mine now but maybe less insane)

I should maybe jump on the ab video bandwagon too... I haven't done a single crunch since February..

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Link to comment
23 hours ago, sylph said:

Oh that could be good. I'd like to clean up my crow pose so some photo or video of that would be helpful for moving it forward.

Cool! I still need to think about my thing. 

 

22 hours ago, tinywonder said:

Yup.  Best content generation.
Go do the thing!  Whatever the thing may be!

Right, it's so good. :) 

 

18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Looks like an awesome challenge!

Yeah, this is shaping up to be gooooood!

 

18 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

If I think about it for too long you'll end up with a challenge even more complicated with 1000 points available :P Good job Sylvia got there first!

 

Other formats that might work for you:

  • different shiny focus each week
  • wide variety of things that you get points for, so whatever you feel like doing, it will count for something (like mine now but maybe less insane)

I should maybe jump on the ab video bandwagon too... I haven't done a single crunch since February..

Haha yeah this is simple and doable enough. :D Though maybe a crazy, impossible 1000 points challenge would be fun too. :P 

 

Those are also good suggestions, though I'm more concerned about consistency. Unless I'd do all the things all the time. :) 

 

5 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

tenor.gif

 

FOLLOWING for whatever this turns out to be. :) 

I first only saw half the gif and thought it'd be dirty. Now it just looks sad.

 

3 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Glad someone else has sorted your goals out for you as this is precisely why I can't do challenges!

 

i am foam rolling as I type this so in in spirit :-)

Normally I don't have an issue, but this time it was just too hard. Though clearly I'm not very good at it anyway, so maybe outsourcing challenges will be the right way to go. :D 

 

Awesome.

 

2 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

YAY SOMETHING!

 

Here for it.

 

YAY!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I haz challenge!

 

And with that I mean @sylph posted her challenge and I stole the whole thing hahaha. :D (Thank you Sylph ;))

  • Structured Circus – Class at least once per week (pole) +5 points per class 
  • Stretchiness – At least 2 out-of-class stretching sessions (at least 10 mins each) per week. One of these can be body-maintenance type stuff (foam rolling, etc.) if desired. +5 points per session (additional sessions per week can count for additional points)
  • Abs – Video Challenge at least once per week (alternating who chooses each week or we each choose one each week for both of us to do).  +5 points per video completed (each video can count more than once if done in the week it is the Video Challenge)
  • Life goal – Start learning Finnish again. Ideally a little bit every day. Unscored
  • Bonus – Photo or video progress on butterfly (pole), forearm stand or flying pigeon. Haven't decided on which one. Maybe I'll just do all 3. :P  Unscored
  • Extra Double Bonus – Stock up freezer with 5 meals.

Oh this is going to be fun!

  • Like 7
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines