Mad Hatter does... something?

Try to leave the expectations and ego of what you want to do and used to be able to do behind. It's SOOOOO HARD. Probably harder than working out, but it really really improves the workout experience, I promise. <3 

Sounds like a super productive session even if you went in without a real plan! :)

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Try to leave the expectations and ego of what you want to do and used to be able to do behind. It's SOOOOO HARD. Probably harder than working out, but it really really improves the workout experience, I promise. <3 

Sounds like a super productive session even if you went in without a real plan! :)

I know, I know... I would've felt better about everything had I not had so many random aches and niggles. It's not even (that much) about ego and exceptions but the feeling that I can't move as freely as I'd like at the moment... But that's going to get better soon too, just need to get on the rehab/prehab train and keep doing what I'm doing. :) 

2 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Remember how great you were in that pole routine that you videoed.  And what fabulous things your body CAN do, even if you're a little bit behind where you'd like to be/you used to be.

Hope you survive the family influx!

Thank you, much appreciated. I was just having a particularly rough day, feeling better now. :) 

Oh man, part of me is already wanting my privacy back! :P 

• Like 3

Pole today! (+5) Really nice class, but sooo sweaty as it was raining outside. Heat + humidity + activity = puddle of sweat. At least for me, other girl seemed to be untouched by the heat. Damn non sweaters. :P 

Not that it means anything to most, but we (mainly) worked on:

• Reverse grab variation
  • Funky hip hold variation with scissored legs
  • Cross ankle release grabbing both ankles
  • Gemini to flatline scorpio to superman = THIGHS ON FIRE!
  • Aerial invert conditioning

Most of the stuff went well, except for the spin because I was sticking too much to the pole, but mostly it was super fun just being back at the studio!

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Pole today! (+5) Really nice class, but sooo sweaty as it was raining outside. Heat + humidity + activity = puddle of sweat. At least for me, other girl seemed to be untouched by the heat. Damn non sweaters. :P 

Me last week: hair wet from sweat, face lined with pools of sweat, eyes sore

from salty sweat getting into them.  Others complaining about being hot but hair (and make up - how?!) intact.  My view is that if you're not dripping, how can you be hot?!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Gemini to flatline scorpio to superman

Wowwowoowowowoowwww!!!!!

I didn't know what this meant, but I did the search. Oh-WOW.

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Holy crap! I just looked it up as well. That is insane!!!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

hey how long is your gramma there? can I come over for latkes? <3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

7 hours ago, zenLara said:

Wowwowoowowowoowwww!!!!!

I didn't know what this meant, but I did the search. Oh-WOW.

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Holy crap! I just looked it up as well. That is insane!!!

4 hours ago, Twilight said:

You're pretty badass!

Oh man, thanks guys!!! :redface:

45 minutes ago, karinajean said:

hey how long is your gramma there? can I come over for latkes? <3

Sunday, BETTER HURRY!!!! :D 

• Like 3

COOOOL POLE TRICKS. :D:D:D

I went for a run today at lunch and sweat like a 5-gallon bucket's worth of liquid out of my body. I looked like a shining red demon. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

More pole today! And I brought my mum!

She... doesn't like me anymore... :D 

We spent half an hour in open training on handstand drills, and half an hour on bridges (+5 BOOM!). The warm up couch stretch was her favourite. Muahahahaha.

Once she was thoroughly dead, it was class time! :D (+5 I'm on a roll!) We signed up for a level 1-2 class but it turned out that the teacher was sick and the level 1-2 class joined the level 2-3 class. So there was a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on and honestly it was quite a bit too hard for my mum. She has strength from yoga and pilates, but coordination and technique is noooot her strong suit (to be nice about it :P), nor is mimicking a teacher so she struggled which made it a bit less fun. She still managed to climb a bit and do hero pose with the teacher's help! It wasn't her thing (she hastes pole pain too which doesn't help) but it was awesome of her to try!

And now she's completely passed out on the sofa. Double win hahaha! :D 

I ended up doing the level 2-3 stuff instead of the level 1-2 stuff so honestly I'm pretty knackered too. My regular class is level 2 but I managed to keep up, even if I couldn't do all the things. We did:

• Marilyn spin on one side => reverse grab => Marilyn spin on the other side (Need more momentum and core to do well! I got some great piece of advice at the end of class about overgripping the pole in spins that I'm excited to try out) 
  • Cradle spin => spinning Jamila => thread through into a lunge (can't do the last part, it's super awkward and can't get my foot in)
  • Tumble: Swing to hero => Aquarius => Gemini (scary yo! could only do it with a spot)
  • Gemini => butterfly => flatline scorpio => handstand (wrong side butterfly is sooo confusing!)
  • Fan kick => pole sit => cross ankle release => brass monkey (way to sweaty to attempt brass monkey at this point)

Really fun stuff! I also chatted to my teacher about levels and it's fine for me to take the level 2-3 classes. I've been a bit sceptical to try but this class was actually ok. I still want to get more comfortable with a few tricks before attempting level 3, but it's not as far away as I thought. But it's not so much about going up levels, it's more that it gives me more opportunities in the schedule. Overall, solid day. 

Also my grandma made me pierogis. Yay!

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, raptron said:

COOOOL POLE TRICKS. :D:D:D

I went for a run today at lunch and sweat like a 5-gallon bucket's worth of liquid out of my body. I looked like a shining red demon. 

:D 

That was me today as well. The studio was soooo hot again! And of course the girl right next to me kept her hair and makeup completely intact. WHAT EVEN IS THIS SORCERY?

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:
  • Cradle spin => spinning Jamila => thread through into a lunge (can't do the last part, it's super awkward and can't get my foot in)
  • Tumble: Swing to hero => Aquarius => Gemini (scary yo! could only do it with a spot)
  • Gemini => butterfly => flatline scorpio => handstand (wrong side butterfly is sooo confusing!)

So even more awesome than yesterday!!!

And now she's completely passed out on the sofa. Double win hahaha! :D 

oh, you made me laugh so much :lol:

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

20 hours ago, zenLara said:

So even more awesome than yesterday!!!

Just keep in mind I can't actually do all of it. :P WIP!!

12 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Sweaters represent!

Hmmm. Ok. I mean honestly I'd rather be one of those obnoxious people but fine. :P 

28 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Sounds reminiscent of how I describe some dance moves that don't have good names. :lol: 

Haha naming moves is so hard! For each trick there's approximately a gazillion variations which doesn't make it easier. Sometimes I draw stick figures to remember but with my amazing drawing skills I forget pretty much instantly. :D   

• Like 1

Climbing today! I was super sore and I'm in dire need of a rest day (this is day 5 of pretty heavy work!) but I went anyway because I desperately needed to get away from my family. :P The lack of personal space and the constant chatter and demands is already driving me crazy! Or maybe I was being extra cranky today because I was tired. Climbing wasn't great, my braining was poor and my climbing was very hesitant but I managed to get up a few walls at least and I got to hang out with people. :) 

• Like 3

Hmmm. Ok. I mean honestly I'd rather be one of those obnoxious people but fine. :P  

I just found out that one of the worst offenders in my pole class in terms of perfect tan, make up and hair, is friends with a B/C list celebrity and often hangs out with him and his entourage.  Oh of course she does...  (Ok, I realise this is really bitchy - I'm jealous really of the looks - and will stop now and spank my hand or something :-0

22 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

I just found out that one of the worst offenders in my pole class in terms of perfect tan, make up and hair, is friends with a B/C list celebrity and often hangs out with him and his entourage.  Oh of course she does...  (Ok, I realise this is really bitchy - I'm jealous really of the looks - and will stop now and spank my hand or something :-0

Meh. I don't get bothered by people like that. Don't have time or energy or fucks for that.

I'd mostly just love to not slide all over the pole because of sweatiness. For example cupid is completely out of my reach right now simply because my feet get too sweaty. :( 

Wait, I already found this thread, why was I not following it?! argh :( Fixed now though! And looks like you've been doing well :P

On 7/11/2017 at 9:21 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Not that it means anything to most, but we (mainly) worked on:

• Reverse grab variation
  • Funky hip hold variation with scissored legs
  • Cross ankle release grabbing both ankles
  • Gemini to flatline scorpio to superman = THIGHS ON FIRE!
  • Aerial invert conditioning

Sounds like a pretty elaborate martial art :o

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Meh. I don't get bothered by people like that. Don't have time or energy or fucks for that.

I'd mostly just love to not slide all over the pole because of sweatiness. For example cupid is completely out of my reach right now simply because my feet get too sweaty. :( 

Feet might be one part of me that doesn't sweat!  I have a feeling lack of flexibility (esp thoracic) is going to be my stumbling block very soon and for a while.

4 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Sounds like a pretty elaborate martial art :o

There's a reeeally cool pole dancer called Dr Ken Pole Ninja that I'm pretty sure is in fact doing an elaborate martial art. :D 

1 hour ago, LouCarJo said:

Feet might be one part of me that doesn't sweat!  I have a feeling lack of flexibility (esp thoracic) is going to be my stumbling block very soon and for a while.

Lucky you. :) Thoracic spine inflexibility is the bane of many, so at least you're not alone? But we all have our sticking point, so we might as well face it. :P 

• Like 1