[sylph] Don't call it a come back...except I guess it is, kind of.

sylph

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

BAT WING GAINS! Side beats look super hard for sure.

Thanks for the thoughts on the balances, I'm curious to try myself now! (Even though I've never actually played on rope. :P)

Works on silks, too :) Though rope is easier to grip.

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

BOOM!

How hilarious is it that this was the vid I had picked out for next week? ;) I've not done it either, but it looks appropriately torturous.

10 solid minutes of shoulder stretches this afternoon. Will get a weekly wrap up post either tomorrow or Monday sometime.

• Like 1

Week 1 Wrap Up

• Structured Circus – Class at least once per week (silks/rope) +5 points per class YES!
  • Stretchiness – At least 2 out-of-class stretching sessions (at least 10 mins each) per week. One of these can be body-maintenance type stuff (foam rolling, etc.) if desired. +5 points per session YES! I was super impressed with the amount of stretching I did last week, actually. Taking 10 minutes to score some points was a pretty good motivator. (additional sessions per week can count for additional points)
  • Abs – Video Challenge at least once per week (alternating who chooses each week or we each choose one each week for both of us to do).  +5 points per video completed YES! Only once, because work = crazy, but got it done. (each video can count more than once if done in the week it is the Video Challenge)
  • Life goal – Mindful eating. Cut the random snacking. Eat meals. Consider whether you're actually hungry or just bored. Don't eat just because it's time to eat if you aren't actually hungry. Unscored I didn't talk about this much, and with the work madness last week, didn't think about it much either. Not enough time to eat, hardly, much less snack. We'll see how this week goes now that things are more normal.
  • Bonus – Photo or video progress on crow pose. Eventually I'd like to get to firefly, but one thing at a time, here. Unscored I forgot all about this, actually...whoops
  • Extra Double Bonus – Plan vacation. Huge work stresses mean our usual summer vacation plan has been pushed back. Something not terribly far away or stressful to get to and inclusion of some fun activity and forced relaxation all at the same time. Unscored Vague shapes of a plan, but nothing solid on paper, yet.

Not half bad, really.

• Like 2

Yeah, that abs video. Hmhmmmmmmmmm, ouch. Good work with all your stretchinggg and circus! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, sylph said:

Plan for this week:

The Destiny 2 beta drops TOMORROW! AND (conveniently) my circus class is cancelled for Wednesday. To satisfy my circus-y urges, I'll be heading to open gym tonight. Whee! Hopefully I've remembered all my clothes this time.

I love that the entirety of my plan was open gym + Destiny beta! Hah!

The beta isn't supposed to be that big, so there will probably be additional time this week to get in some workouts. Maybe Thursday evening and one of the weekend days for muggle work.

I will attempt to get someone to snap a photo of my crow/crane at open gym tonight

Vacation plans at this point are super nebulous and involve some short-distance road trip to a beach-y or interesting location. Plus at least one good visit to a brew pub or similar. Add in a couples massage, a little shopping and possibly some kind of show before driving home and I think we have the makings of a good 3-4 day trip. Of course, at this point I have no concept of where this will actually take place, just some idea of what I'd like to do when we're there.

The rest of the time will be sorting out some projects around the house that we don't do unless both of us are at home and feel like a waste of free time on the all-to-brief refuge of a typical weekend.

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Right, it feels like such an easy win! Even abs aren't *that* bad as it's only a few minutes.

hmm... this week's video is kind of *that* bad. ;)

28 minutes ago, raptron said:

Yeah, that abs video. Hmhmmmmmmmmm, ouch. Good work with all your stretchinggg and circus! 

Ouch is right. We'll see how well I do at circus tonight. Might not have much core ooomph available for inversions.

• Like 1

I think I may have to join in the fun and torture myself with this video this week. YAY CIRCUS ABS. But I'm not doing it on the day of aerial because ow. No. No no. Hahaha.

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Open gym at the circus gym last night. +5 points Felt weak AF, but in the week after shark week, I've come to expect it. Powered through and worked on some inversions and hip keys, really trying to get back to good form. Hip keying to the right I get a microbend in my right knee. Played around with sumo wrap only to realize I've been wrapping the wrong leg. Doing it the right way makes for much more of a stable position. Who knew?

Got some video of some of this by propping my phone against the floor, so for some of it I'm out of frame. If I have some time, I'll upload and trim some of these and post them here.

Also got a video of crow. Kind of. Again, time permitting, I'll get that up here as well.

• Like 3

Okay videos (pardon the hugeness):

Svetlana climb, right hip key, sumo wrap

and again

bent arm/straight leg invert, swimmers climb (out of frame, second climb), right hip key

Svetlana climb, flag to front body balance

crow pose

Edit: whoa, that is my giant face in that crow pose vid. Hi.

• Like 4

HIIII.

Also I know you are making a comeback and don't FEEL super strong but you look strong AND I like your lines! #toepoint4days 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Dude you're a beast.

<3 this is the best way to compliment me, EVER

:)

4 hours ago, raptron said:

HIIII.

Also I know you are making a comeback and don't FEEL super strong but you look strong AND I like your lines! #toepoint4days 

Thanks! I maybe am getting to where I don't feel like a sack of limp noodles most of the time. :)

I'm not a dance-y or gymnastic-y person so pointed toes are not something I have in my normal bag of tricks. It's taken me a long time to get to this point, so now even though I think my feet always look weird on video (if I could circus in socks, I totally would), at least my toes are pointed!

• Like 3
11 hours ago, sylph said:

I'm not a dance-y or gymnastic-y person 

The overwhelming evidence in the videos above clearly proves otherwise!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

13 hours ago, sylph said:

<3 this is the best way to compliment me, EVER

Honestly, I forgot just HOW strong you are. And this is you just returning to aerial.

13 hours ago, sylph said:

I'm not a dance-y or gymnastic-y person so pointed toes are not something I have in my normal bag of tricks. It's taken me a long time to get to this point, so now even though I think my feet always look weird on video (if I could circus in socks, I totally would), at least my toes are pointed!

TOE POINT IS SO HARD! I still struggle so much, it drives me crazy. The monkey foot is the worst, when you think your pointing your feet but actually you're only point the toes. Also the infamous microbend - GAAAH!

I also have weird feet, my big toe points up a lot compared to my other toes so however hard I point it still sticks straight up.....

Oh to have a pretty ballerina point...

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The overwhelming evidence in the videos above clearly proves otherwise!

I think Sylph more referred to her background and regarding feet. People with dance or gymnastics backgrounds can't NOT point their feet, it becomes ingrained in their DNA. :) For most other people else it's a struggle bus. 

• Like 2