• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl's 1,000th challenge. Now with Minions!

It may not actually be my 1,000 challenge.:) I just liked the simplicity of counting the challenges (idea shamelessly stolen borrowed from @Salinger) And I like Minions. 

My challenge:

1) Experiment with Morning Routine:

Now that I a nice habitual  morning routine, it's time to mess it up.:lol: Partly to help dizziness from my ring workout, and also just to experiment a bit, I want to try working out before breakfast. Which will mess up my  morning routine a bit. I don't want to make it a goal to workout after breakfast, I want to just experiment, and only do it if I feel like it.

My routine has been :Read Bible, drink water, empty dishwasher, tidy kitchen, breakfast, start workout at 9:30. I struggle a bit with the start time, so maybe working out first will help that. The things that won't change ;Read the Bible , then drink water; Things that might change, the kitchen may be after breakfast, if I workout first;

Important side rule: The ONLY time I'm allowed to  do the kitchen  and computer time is if I've either worked out or done the kitchen. 

2)10 Pushups a day

I read on a blog somewhere that this was a good habit to do, and I thought it would be fun to make a 30 day challenge, so this is what I did. I completed day 2 today

3) Finish by summer's end 

@LadyShello posted on her challenge how she wanted to accomplish thing during her summer, so I borrowed this idea from her.

I may update this more but here are some things I'd like to look at and see I've accomplished over the summer:

Finished my scrapbook

Paint Front porch

Finish GMB 1

Veggie Garden

Spent time on Algebra 2 (yes, I know this is vague, I don't want to do a specific goal to track for it)

Planned Disneyland trip

Kept up with Bible reading

5b251bd60ffdddbe2835c35bebfe012c--funny-

• Like 15

I like the push up goal - I was thinking about doing something similar, but figured I had enough on my plate

It'll be interesting to see how fasted workouts work for you! I like them in general, but you have a bit more specific outcome in mind.

• Like 1

I did that push-up goal last year (however, with a lower number), and it proved itself a good thing to do.

Good luck messing around with your morning routine :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Following!

Image result for minion pushup gif

:lol:200_s.gif

9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Count me mINion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d98a3c6c8eb754ab28de77c84f163df7.jpg

9 hours ago, Odinson said:

Following! Good luck with the challenge.

Minions Cheering Despicable Me GIF - Cheering Minions Despicable GIFs

:lol:

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Following along :D love the title ;)

I thought you might appreciate the title.;)

5 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I like the push up goal - I was thinking about doing something similar, but figured I had enough on my plate emoji14.png

It'll be interesting to see how fasted workouts work for you! I like them in general, but you have a bit more specific outcome in mind.

II'm also just interested in seeing how the fasted affects my performance, and if it helps me get moving faster in the morning

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

I did that push-up goal last year (however, with a lower number), and it proved itself a good thing to do.

Good luck messing around with your morning routine :)

Thanks

• Like 1

There was a ranger years back called the "LIbrarian of Doom" (you might remember her). She used to call the pre-breakfast workouts "fasted suck-fests". I've read that they are good for endurance athletes to practice because they force you to exercise while depleted. I tried it a while back and found it...miserable.

I hope you like them better than that! By the way, didn't mean to be gloomy. Here's something to make up for it:

BkYFeMpIMAAUC8c.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, karinajean said:

I think if you count pages of challenges, though, you are probably well over 1000! :)

Possibly:)

5 hours ago, Xena said:

There was a ranger years back called the "LIbrarian of Doom" (you might remember her). She used to call the pre-breakfast workouts "fasted suck-fests". I've read that they are good for endurance athletes to practice because they force you to exercise while depleted. I tried it a while back and found it...miserable.

I hope you like them better than that! By the way, didn't mean to be gloomy. Here's something to make up for it:

BkYFeMpIMAAUC8c.jpg

I remember her. I tried it a while back and hated it too.  I've done it a few times though in the last few weeks, and it went well. But that's why it's an experiment, not a goal. I'm only going to do it if I feel like it that day. If it turns out I hate it, I'm not going to do it.

Awww, cuteness.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

:lol:

• Like 2

I did a thing. I signed up for GMB's Alpha Posse. Which is a forum, but you also get trainer's feedback. Which makes me super excited and terrified. Cool to get feedback, but also scary and vulnerable feeling. That imposter feeling, where you worry the trainer is going to ask you why the heck you thought you were strong enough to do rings? Bonus for you guys is more videos. Also posting this here for accountability. I took the videos, but need to upload them to youtube. I need the accountability to actually do it.

de899293d1e57f4795f410f3f9eddb78--happy-

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

That imposter feeling, where you worry the trainer is going to ask you why the heck you thought you were strong enough to do rings?

This is just silly, you're so strong and the GMB people are super nice! So cool you've signed up for it, I'm really curious how it will go!

Also

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I did a thing. I signed up for GMB's Alpha Posse. Which is a forum, but you also get trainer's feedback. Which makes me super excited and terrified. Cool to get feedback, but also scary and vulnerable feeling. That imposter feeling, where you worry the trainer is going to ask you why the heck you thought you were strong enough to do rings? Bonus for you guys is more videos. Also posting this here for accountability. I took the videos, but need to upload them to youtube. I need the accountability to actually do it.

Cool!

They WON'T tell you such things, why would they? I have contacted them several times to ask them doubts and they were always superkind and gave useful advice. Them helping you more closely is going to be great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

This is just silly, you're so strong and the GMB people are super nice! So cool you've signed up for it, I'm really curious how it will go!

Also

giphy.gif

Totally silly, unfounded in truth, and yet that stupid voice in my head keeps telling me it's gonna happen.:lol:

46 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Cool!

They WON'T tell you such things, why would they? I have contacted them several times to ask them doubts and they were always superkind and gave useful advice. Them helping you more closely is going to be great.

No, not at all.They are very helpful.  It really will be helpful

• Like 1

How was I not following you yet??

28f9dca05b2f383b0a6446a173819ca1.gif 

Good for you, signing up for something new - that always takes guts!! I had never heard of GMB, but I just looked them up and it looks awesome - I know they're going to be delighted to have you and your enthusiasm! You'll be a joy to work with! :D 

giphy.gif 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Did I mention that I am relearning math with Life of Fred thanks to you? :)

I've thought many times of redoing my maths and I had to check. It looks pretty cool! Are you enjoying the materials? Could you or Elastigirl elaborate a bit on these books?

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You'll be fabulous.  The whole point is for you to be given feedback so you're *meant* to need at least some.  And I've seen you on the rings and you definitely look as though you belong already.  More videos!

• Like 1

I used to enjoy working out before anything else - I would get out of bed, pick up my pre-packed bag, drive the 10 minutes to gym and get straight into a workout. I'd then eat breakfast in the car on the way to work. I only stopped because life got so exhausting I couldn't face getting out of bed that early.

giphy.gif

I think part of it depends on what kind of training you're doing - at the time I was doing more metcon style workouts, I'm not sure how I'd go with a heavy strength session first thing.

Good luck with the shake up!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, zenLara said:

I've thought many times of redoing my maths and I had to check. It looks pretty cool! Are you enjoying the materials? Could you or Elastigirl elaborate a bit on these books?

They are written like a story book, where the principles of each math concept is explained as part of the story.  Very very helpful and easy to understand.  The author also includes lots of asides and comments* about other topics (English, history, etc) on the way.  Overall they are the most helpful books I have encountered for learning math.

*I personally have issue with his very ardent opinions strewn throughout the book* but I still highly recommend them for learning math.  A couple examples that made me cringe:

1. Anti-discrimination laws aren't needed. Employers who discriminate are already punished because they have a smaller pool of potential employees, and then the ones who are willing to hire women or minorities are rewarded because they can pay them less. This apparently makes everything fair.

2. Industry regulation, such as requiring professionals like fitness trainers or doctors to actually have training in what they do, is all an evil plot where senators are bribed in order to kill competition.

They are still entertaining and I still recommend them!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Employers who discriminate are already punished because they have a smaller pool of potential employees, and then the ones who are willing to hire women or minorities are rewarded because they can pay them less

o_O

requiring professionals like fitness trainers or doctors to actually have training in what they do, is all an evil plot

o_O o_O o_O

I re-read the sentences several times, because I thought my english was failing me. I understood them correctly, I guess?

They are written like a story book, where the principles of each math concept is explained as part of the story.  Very very helpful and easy to understand.

I've taken a look to their website, and there are some pages of each book that can be seen. Looks great. However, they seem to sell only to the US and Canada, so I guess it's out of reach for me.