Elastigirl's 1,000th challenge. Now with Minions!

Elastigirl

22 hours ago, annyshay said:

Way to go on Alpha Posse!

Thanks. I'm actually pretty exited.

22 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

How was I not following you yet??

28f9dca05b2f383b0a6446a173819ca1.gif 

Good for you, signing up for something new - that always takes guts!! I had never heard of GMB, but I just looked them up and it looks awesome - I know they're going to be delighted to have you and your enthusiasm! You'll be a joy to work with! :D 

giphy.gif 

Thanks, that's very sweet and encouraging.

13 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

You'll be fabulous.  The whole point is for you to be given feedback so you're *meant* to need at least some.  And I've seen you on the rings and you definitely look as though you belong already.  More videos!

Thanks. I need to remember this. Part of the reason (besides money) for me not getting a coach is that I was worried about feedback. Somehow, to me it always translates to "I've failed" which I need to jst get over. I think it just brings up the feelings as a kid i sports and P.E. when they would tell me to do something and I had no idea how to do it

12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Red Minion, Reporting for Duty

... Heh heh, "Duty"

giphy.gif

:biggrin-new:

8 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

I used to enjoy working out before anything else - I would get out of bed, pick up my pre-packed bag, drive the 10 minutes to gym and get straight into a workout. I'd then eat breakfast in the car on the way to work. I only stopped because life got so exhausting I couldn't face getting out of bed that early.

giphy.gif

I think part of it depends on what kind of training you're doing - at the time I was doing more metcon style workouts, I'm not sure how I'd go with a heavy strength session first thing.

Good luck with the shake up!

Thanks, Yeah, I will see

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

14 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Following of course! Let us know how the GMB program goes (amazing, I am sure!).  Did I mention that I am relearning math with Life of Fred thanks to you? :)

That is super cool. What book are you doing?

2 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

They are written like a story book, where the principles of each math concept is explained as part of the story.  Very very helpful and easy to understand.  The author also includes lots of asides and comments* about other topics (English, history, etc) on the way.  Overall they are the most helpful books I have encountered for learning math.

*I personally have issue with his very ardent opinions strewn throughout the book* but I still highly recommend them for learning math.  A couple examples that made me cringe:

1. Anti-discrimination laws aren't needed. Employers who discriminate are already punished because they have a smaller pool of potential employees, and then the ones who are willing to hire women or minorities are rewarded because they can pay them less. This apparently makes everything fair.

2. Industry regulation, such as requiring professionals like fitness trainers or doctors to actually have training in what they do, is all an evil plot where senators are bribed in order to kill competition.

They are still entertaining and I still recommend them!

Yes, he does put his opinion in stuff, some of it is meant to be funny (like the second example) but if you are considering the books, maybe look at some of the sample pages before deciding.  I find the explanations helpful, and the story line being fun helps me relax and not get so uptight about math.

6 minutes ago, zenLara said:

o_O

o_O o_O o_O

I re-read the sentences several times, because I thought my english was failing me. I understood them correctly, I guess?

I've taken a look to their website, and there are some pages of each book that can be seen. Looks great. However, they seem to sell only to the US and Canada, so I guess it's out of reach for me.

Where are you? That's too bad. 

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Where are you?

Spain :) 

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

Spain :) 

Nice. I love how  NF is represented by nerds around the world. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Nice. I love how  NF is represented by nerds around the world. 

It's great until we all want to hang out with each other then we're like...

200.gif

• Like 5

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Good luck with the fasted workouts. I'm not a fan, but I know people who are, I feel like it's a combo of personal preference and probably metabolism whether they work for you or not.

Also, I believe I will join you on your 30 day pushup challenge, if you don't mind. When I read it I immediately was like 'Must do!', though I'll make mine 'for all the days of the challenge' and 'at least 10 pushups', since I sometimes do more than that in my crossfit workouts.

• Like 2

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

4 hours ago, Fonzico said:

So brave! Good for you for taking the leap - good things will come of this!

Thaniks, I think you are right.

3 hours ago, Red1263 said:

It's great until we all want to hang out with each other then we're like...

200.gif

This is sort of strangely mesmerizing:)

1 hour ago, Moros said:

Late following!

Best-45-Very-Funny-minions-Quotes-minion

True^:lol:

27 minutes ago, obax said:

Good luck with the fasted workouts. I'm not a fan, but I know people who are, I feel like it's a combo of personal preference and probably metabolism whether they work for you or not.

Also, I believe I will join you on your 30 day pushup challenge, if you don't mind. When I read it I immediately was like 'Must do!', though I'll make mine 'for all the days of the challenge' and 'at least 10 pushups', since I sometimes do more than that in my crossfit workouts.

Yay, do join me, that will help motivate me!

• Like 1

Good weekend. Friday we went out to burgers and then went on a 5 mile walk. Saturday was game day at our friends. Really ejoying Ticket To Ride. We had ribs for dinner, nom. Later my friend and I went on a walk, and booked it to see how fast we could go. 2 miles in 30 minutes.:) I'm super proud of my friend, she has been working really hard to lose weight, and has lost 40 pounds. Sunday was nice too. Church, and then a relaxing afternoon. I decided I wanted to eat out, so we tried out this bbq place we'd heard about. It was really good. Probably too many variations, and too much eating, but it was nice.

Having a bit of trouble posting on the GMB alpha posse site, hopefully I figure it out soon. Here's the videos I made:

Having problems here too with the video's It's on Youtube ,account is unlisted. When I tried to post it here .I got this message: this could not be posted because there is no video at this URL. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=GMkhmxKaFa4

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=w3gvw26dSQk

• Like 5

Ok, I think I got the video thing figured out. Let's try this:

• Like 12

Good for you for working on the GMB program and thanks for sharing the videos! That's inspiring stuff!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Impressive! Like your L-sit hanging from the top.

The fact that rings are a moving apparatus must add a lot of difficulty, right?

2 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

There's Enzenberger's The Number Devil (translated from German into both Spanish and English), which I liked, though not as comprehensive as these Life of Fred books seem to be.

Oh, thanks, I'll take a look at it.

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

I did a thing. I signed up for GMB's Alpha Posse. Which is a forum, but you also get trainer's feedback. Which makes me super excited and terrified. Cool to get feedback, but also scary and vulnerable feeling.

I'm excited to see how this goes!  The feedback should be so valuable!  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

15 hours ago, zenLara said:

Impressive! Like your L-sit hanging from the top.

The fact that rings are a moving apparatus must add a lot of difficulty, right?

Oh, thanks, I'll take a look at it.

Thanks.Yeah the rings makes it harder. I'm excited to try some stuff on P1, where the bars are still. I think it would really improve my form

11 hours ago, annyshay said:

Wow, E.G., so strrrrrrrrrrong!

Thanks

9 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Wow, that is freaking impressive! So cool.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Beast.

:) Thanks

9 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm excited to see how this goes!  The feedback should be so valuable!  

I think it will be. I've read other people's feedback, and gotten help from that already

9 hours ago, x Valkyrie x said:

Looks like you're beasting it!!

ticket to ride is so fun!! 

Thanks. It is a super  fun game.

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

strong strong strong :):)

Thanks

5 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

You look so strong on the rings...do you have to scale your pushups to make them feel challenging?

Bt9IQQEIAAA5Th6.jpg

Exercising minions!:love_heart: No, just doing regular pushups is hard enough.

4 hours ago, Odinson said:

That's some seriously impressive work on the rings there!

Thanks

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Sorry I'm a bit late, but luckily in time for your videos. You look amazing.

Not late at all. Do you have your challenge up?

• Like 4