Elastigirl's 1,000th challenge. Now with Minions!

Elastigirl

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Not late at all. Do you have your challenge up?

I decided to go with the Battle Log for now. Link is in my signature. It will give me accountability and a place to chat, but no pressure or competition with myself - just help me keep going on.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I decided to go with the Battle Log for now. Link is in my signature. It will give me accountability and a place to chat, but no pressure or competition with myself - just help me keep going on.

The link doesn't seem to work

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

53 minutes ago, Mizbrek said:

Can't believe I missed following this! Sounds like good goals, as always, and I'll have to check out that GMB!

Hi there. Yes, you should check out GMB.They have free stuff as well as some good programs.

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Monday was a good day. I decided to work out before I ate. Read my Bible, then went and worked out. After that, I came back and had breakfast and looked at computer. It didn't seem to be as tough to get off the computer, as when I do it earlier. I may just keep that schedule, even if I want to eat, just have a smoothie and then work out. 

We had family over for dinner, and to spend the night. My nephew is going to college in Seattle, so he spent the night with us while attending  orientation. It was a fun evening with him and my sister- in- law, my in-laws, son and my niece and her three charming kids. We ate out on the deck, but it was cooler than it had been, so I may have frozen my in-laws. Ooops.  I made Teriyaki chicken sandwiches. Which is chicken marinated in teriyaki sauce, then barbecued. Grilled pineapple and Swiss cheese and hamburger buns. I just had my chicken without the bun. For desert we had ice cream with fresh raspberries from our garden. So good. We also had cabbage slaw, with a vinaigrette dressing, and new potatoes.

I'm keeping up with my pushups. I found time to do some math yesterday. Right now I am working on logarithms, and am finding it a bit confusing. Mr Incredible helped with some stuff, hoping he can help me more tonight.

• Like 12

On 09/07/2017 at 2:47 PM, Elastigirl said:

That is super cool. What book are you doing?

I started at the beginning of the high school series.  I have had problems with pre-calculus in the past and I think it is because I never understood logarithms, so to make sure I have the background info I need it makes sense to start from scratch. It took about two weeks to get through the first three books (to the end of pre-algebra) so I will be starting beginner algebra this month (after my sister's baby blanket is finished).

It's cool that you are already on advanced algebra. When you figure out logarithms I'll be coming to you for help. :) 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 7/9/2017 at 10:16 PM, Elastigirl said:

Having a bit of trouble posting on the GMB alpha posse site, hopefully I figure it out soon. Here's the videos I made:

Having problems here too with the video's It's on Youtube ,account is unlisted. When I tried to post it here .I got this message: this could not be posted because there is no video at this URL. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I have noticed that the link on the publish page often gives me the same result. If I wait until it says that it's published then visit my channel, visit the video and copy the link, it almost always works as expected.

5 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I started at the beginning of the high school series.  I have had problems with pre-calculus in the past and I think it is because I never understood logarithms, so to make sure I have the background info I need it makes sense to start from scratch. It took about two weeks to get through the first three books (to the end of pre-algebra) so I will be starting beginner algebra this month (after my sister's baby blanket is finished).

It's cool that you are already on advanced algebra. When you figure out logarithms I'll be coming to you for help. :) 

I had to backtrack to find this thread. It's cool that you guys are revisiting these topics. Youth is wasted on the young. I was never good at Calc or Trig or Geometery from that matter. It could be cool to learn those some day. Algebra, I have to admit, I use a lot. Nothing crazy complex, just your basic solve for a variable or two variables or some such. Good luck!

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

So jealous!

And today I made raspberry smoothie popsicles;)

6 hours ago, Odinson said:

Sounds like some mighty fine eating! Excellent work!

Thanks

5 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I did the Algebra several  (5+) years ago, meaning to do the advanced. Then I was reluctant to pick it up because I figured I'd forgotten everything. It is harder than if I'd done it right away, but  most of the Algebra comes back fairly easy.

46 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

I have noticed that the link on the publish page often gives me the same result. If I wait until it says that it's published then visit my channel, visit the video and copy the link, it almost always works as expected.

I had to backtrack to find this thread. It's cool that you guys are revisiting these topics. Youth is wasted on the young. I was never good at Calc or Trig or Geometery from that matter. It could be cool to learn those some day. Algebra, I have to admit, I use a lot. Nothing crazy complex, just your basic solve for a variable or two variables or some such. Good luck!

Thanks, That was my problem.

My husband uses it a lot too in his work, so he remembers most of it, and has actually enjoyed helping me a bit

Part of the reason I decided to re-learn it, was  inspiration from you, and the way you are always trying to learn new things

• Like 3

A bit off routine today, but that was fine. My nephew and sis-in law spent the night. Hubby (cause he's awesome that way) fixed them eggs and bacon.They had to leave early, (7 :15, early for me) so I got up at 7 and had some bacon with them and visited. Then I decided  to attack the kitchen. We'd run the dishwasher, but we still had a counter full of dirty dishes. So I emptied and re-loaded and hand washed dishes. Then I had a smoothie and did my leg circuit workout

. Wait, back up, before that I read my Bible, out on the deck. 

Gorgeous sunny day. I fertilized my veggie garden. Our basil doesn't seem to be growing and I hope that will help. Picked a handful of green beans, and there are several more soon to be ready. I had bought some more basil and chives, and planted that.

Did my math. Logs are getting a little less fuzzy, still had problems with a few . Hubby showed me how to solve. It makes sense when he explains, but I'm having trouble knowing when to apply the laws of logs to which problem. I did get several right of the kind I had struggled with before though. 

After dinner, hubby is going to dig some big holes for our Foxgloves, then we will go for a walk.

1651200_1437685546.jpg

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Our basil doesn't seem to be growing and I hope that will help.

My basil grows in fits and spurts ... it quit growing for several weeks and I thought it was going to die, but then it all of a sudden took off, and now I have to harvest it every couple of days because it's flourishing. Maybe yours is just in a quiet spell?

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

10 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

My basil grows in fits and spurts ... it quit growing for several weeks and I thought it was going to die, but then it all of a sudden took off, and now I have to harvest it every couple of days because it's flourishing. Maybe yours is just in a quiet spell?

Except it forgot to have the spurt spell ever.:lol:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry, this made me legit laugh out loud ... :D 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Garden joy!  Somehow I never have enough raspberries to share over ice cream.  They all go straight into my belly :) 

• Like 2

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

On 2017/07/11 at 5:20 PM, Elastigirl said:

The link doesn't seem to work

See you found it.

I have a purple leafed basil that absolutely flourishes in semi-shade. Think they like to be a bit protected, out of the wind as such. Wish I could send you some because when little pieces break off and I stick them in the ground, they grow roots and a new plant flourishes within weeks. Well... in summer that is...

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I made Teriyaki chicken sandwiches. Which is chicken marinated in teriyaki sauce, then barbecued. Grilled pineapple and Swiss cheese and hamburger buns.

Ooooh those sound amazing! I really need to get on grilling pineapple. I love pineapple, love it grilled, just never really get to making it.

• Like 3

Level 11 Hobbit Brewmaster

Half Ranger, Half Druid, Completely Ridiculous

Instagram

Current Challenge: Mizbrek Studies with the Order of the Broken Temple

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I made Teriyaki chicken sandwiches. Which is chicken marinated in teriyaki sauce, then barbecued. Grilled pineapple and Swiss cheese and hamburger buns. I just had my chicken without the bun. For desert we had ice cream with fresh raspberries from our garden. So good. We also had cabbage slaw, with a vinaigrette dressing, and new potatoes.

I wouldn't know where to start eating, omg. You know how to treat people.

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

4 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Garden joy!  Somehow I never have enough raspberries to share over ice cream.  They all go straight into my belly :) 

:lol: I should take some pic's of my raspberries

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

See you found it.

I have a purple leafed basil that absolutely flourishes in semi-shade. Think they like to be a bit protected, out of the wind as such. Wish I could send you some because when little pieces break off and I stick them in the ground, they grow roots and a new plant flourishes within weeks. Well... in summer that is...

Hmm, mine are purple leaf too. Usually I get the green leaf, but what the store had was purple leaf, so I bought that. And I thought it needed sun, so it is planted in sun. Maybe that is why it isn't happy. The new plants I bought I know like sun, so maybe they will do better

2 hours ago, Mizbrek said:

Ooooh those sound amazing! I really need to get on grilling pineapple. I love pineapple, love it grilled, just never really get to making it.

I love grilled pineapple

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

I wouldn't know where to start eating, omg. You know how to treat people.

It's actually a recipe I got from my friend, and it is always popular.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2017 at 2:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

I did a thing. I signed up for GMB's Alpha Posse. Which is a forum, but you also get trainer's feedback. Which makes me super excited and terrified. Cool to get feedback, but also scary and vulnerable feeling. That imposter feeling, where you worry the trainer is going to ask you why the heck you thought you were strong enough to do rings? Bonus for you guys is more videos. Also posting this here for accountability. I took the videos, but need to upload them to youtube. I need the accountability to actually do it.

Ahhhh, this is so cool! I'm really interested in hearing how this goes for you. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ahhhh, this is so cool! I'm really interested in hearing how this goes for you. 

I'm excited too, I'll let you know. I've actually learned a lot just reading other people's logs

• Like 3

I woke up a little before 7, and actually got up at 7. This is unusual for me, usually even if I'm awake I lay in bed until the alarm clock goes off. Then I read my Bible and did my ring workout. After that, I had a smoothie. Today is the day my friends come over, and I had all my morning chores + my workout done before they arrived. I'm really loving the workout first idea. It makes me feel so productive. It  just  seems to jumpstart my day.

Workout went well. I read a bunch of training logs and trainer responses on the GMB forum. Seemed like a common theme was to slow down, and to keep the elbows tucked in, and to keep the rings close to the body. So, I worked really hard at that. Even made a few progressions easier so I could work on form. The DOMS I have right now are not convinced it was easier though.:lol:

Worked in the yard. Planted my foxgloves. In the evening went on a walk around the neighborhood with hubby.

• Like 9

Pic's of our Hydrangea and Lilies. @suzyQlou reminded me about garden joy, and I thought I'd post some pic's of our garden flowers.large.WP_20170712_15_24_08_Pro.jpg.270b7acf1fa452b3b1dbe1b221368a36.jpglarge.WP_20170712_15_23_18_Pro.jpg.e38d08e8da26b2950f07fed8bd682fe4.jpg

• Like 8

On 12/07/2017 at 4:05 AM, Elastigirl said:

Last year I killed off my thyme, this year the new thyme I bought is doing well and last year's has come back to life.  Whilst the coriander and chervil are dying...  I think it's because thyme likes sun and heat and we've had plenty of that.  I can't cope with treating different plants differently!