Jump to content

Elastigirl's 1,000th challenge. Now with Minions!


Elastigirl

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm excited too, I'll let you know. I've actually learned a lot just reading other people's logs

It sure is a very interesting place. Have you already talked to Ryan? :wub::lol:

  • Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post
10 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Last year I killed off my thyme, this year the new thyme I bought is doing well and last year's has come back to life.  Whilst the coriander and chervil are dying...  I think it's because thyme likes sun and heat and we've had plenty of that.  I can't cope with treating different plants differently!

I felt like I was beginning to understand the mystery of how some plants like sun, while others prefer shade, but now I learn that different varieties like different things.:confused-new: I assumed all basil liked sun, who knew some preferred shade?;)

9 hours ago, zenLara said:

It sure is a very interesting place. Have you already talked to Ryan? :wub::lol:

Not yet? Are you on Alpha Posse? Who are you on there? My log is just Lisa's Ring training log

 

 

 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Didn't think to ask earlier but is anyone else on the GMB forums? My thread is Lisa's Training Ring1, if  you want to check it out.  You pay to be on the forum(because you get trainer's advice and mini programs also)

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

So, I worked really hard at that. Even made a few progressions easier so I could work on form. The DOMS I have right now are not convinced it was easier though.:lol:

Awesome that you've already improved - doms are proof. ;)

 

Oh your Day Lilies and Hydrangeas are beautiful! We call Hydrangeas Christmas roses as their common name, because they flower around Christmas time. Growing blue ones however is apparently very difficult if you don't have the right acidity of soil. It really is such a delight! Neighbours who moved away a couple of years ago, used to grow specialty Day Lilies. I was very fortunate that whenever I bought some plants from them, they would give me one of their special ones for free. Some of them died off, but I saw new plants coming up. When summer comes remind me to share some of the flowers with you. One of the special ones they gave me (I hope it is still alive), was called Russian Rapsody. It was a deep maroon colour. Another they called Double delight, as it was a yellow/orange melon colour with a double flower.

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to post
9 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Awesome that you've already improved - doms are proof. ;)

 

Oh your Day Lilies and Hydrangeas are beautiful! We call Hydrangeas Christmas roses as their common name, because they flower around Christmas time. Growing blue ones however is apparently very difficult if you don't have the right acidity of soil. It really is such a delight! Neighbours who moved away a couple of years ago, used to grow specialty Day Lilies. I was very fortunate that whenever I bought some plants from them, they would give me one of their special ones for free. Some of them died off, but I saw new plants coming up. When summer comes remind me to share some of the flowers with you. One of the special ones they gave me (I hope it is still alive), was called Russian Rapsody. It was a deep maroon colour. Another they called Double delight, as it was a yellow/orange melon colour with a double flower.

Love the name Christmas Roses. Maroon Lilies- how gorgeous. Our neighbor has Hydrangeas that are a deep purple.

  • Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Not yet? Are you on Alpha Posse? Who are you on there? My log is just Lisa's Ring training log

Ha! I'd wish I were. Nope. Maybe some day...

  • Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Didn't think to ask earlier but is anyone else on the GMB forums? My thread is Lisa's Training Ring1, if  you want to check it out.  You pay to be on the forum(because you get trainer's advice and mini programs also)

It's probably not their thing but I really think you should have carried the Elastigirl moniker with you. She's such a cool hero.

  • Like 1

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

Link to post
6 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

It's probably not their thing but I really think you should have carried the Elastigirl moniker with you. She's such a cool hero.

I was very tempted. But it's not their thing, so the desire to fit in won out.:)

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Good day today. I read my Bible and then worked out. Did a leg circuit, only instead of jump squats I did swings

circuit 5 x 60 s rest

35 # 10 swings

5 incline reverse lunges

5 step up

5 side squat

5 roll to pistol

 

Took 2 walks, one mid day and the other after dinner, 13,000 steps. I took the mid day one instead of working in the yard, I really needed to do more weeding, but my nose was already driving me crazy from allergies, so I decided to ask Mr Incredible to do some. Our back garden had overgrown chard (chard trees:)) that needed to be pulled. 

 

One of the trainer's posted on my GMB forum. Surprisingly, he didn't insult me.:biggrin-new: Isn't it silly what weird things our brains says will happen?  The other thing I was worried he would give me a list of 100 things to work on. But he was very helpful, and just gave  me a couple of pointers. Mainly, keep my rings to the side, and don't flare the elbows. I'm really glad that I signed up for this. It's only been a week, and I've already learned a bunch.

 

I'm re-reading the book;The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman. I read it a long time ago, but then we were talking about it on Tank's thread, and I thought I should give it a re- read. The premise is that people receive love in different ways, and you need to speak to them in their language. The languages are : Quality Time, Touch, Acts of Service, Gifts,  and that's four of them, I tend to forget the last. It's especially dealing with how to communicate with your spouse. I know my husband is touch and time, it's not new information, just a reminder.  Ok, looked up the last one, it's words of affirmation. That's not my husband's biggest, but I think most people like to be affirmed, so I'm trying to work on that too.

 

Gotta go, my computer told me it's time to get ready for bed

  • Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Gotta go, my computer told me it's time to get ready for bed

Computers - our new benevolent overlords :)

 

  • Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

One of the trainer's posted on my GMB forum. Surprisingly, he didn't insult me.:biggrin-new: Isn't it silly what weird things our brains says will happen?  The other thing I was worried he would give me a list of 100 things to work on. But he was very helpful, and just gave  me a couple of pointers. Mainly, keep my rings to the side, and don't flare the elbows. I'm really glad that I signed up for this. It's only been a week, and I've already learned a bunch.

See? Only good news.

Silly brain, huh? I've got one of those too.

  • Like 3

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post
20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Love the name Christmas Roses. Maroon Lilies- how gorgeous. Our neighbor has Hydrangeas that are a deep purple.

Oh my! Photos please. I've only ever seen pink and blue Hydrangeas.

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm re-reading the book;The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman. I read it a long time ago, but then we were talking about it on Tank's thread, and I thought I should give it a re- read.

I bought the shortened version as an e-book, and I've also started reading it early morning with my mug of coffee. Read a chapter to hubby yesterday morning and he was quite surprised, but what I've shared has already sunk in, because I'm getting much more hugs and "words of affirmation" than previously. It's not just "I love you", but also "good job on that", "thanks for dinner", "you look good"... I'm also hoping it will help me with my mom.

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to post
11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Computers - our new benevolent overlords :)

 

I know, right. My computer tells me when to wake up, when to move, and when to go to bed.;)

9 hours ago, zenLara said:

See? Only good news.

Silly brain, huh? I've got one of those too.

Exactly. Most of the time it is best to avoid the silly voice in your head.

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh my! Photos please. I've only ever seen pink and blue Hydrangeas.

I bought the shortened version as an e-book, and I've also started reading it early morning with my mug of coffee. Read a chapter to hubby yesterday morning and he was quite surprised, but what I've shared has already sunk in, because I'm getting much more hugs and "words of affirmation" than previously. It's not just "I love you", but also "good job on that", "thanks for dinner", "you look good"... I'm also hoping it will help me with my mom.

Ok, I'll try and remember to take a picture. Maybe it's the shortened version I have too, I just bought it for my kindle. The words of affirmation chapter was a good reminder for me to be specific like in your examples. Hubby and I talked about it, and I can tell he too is trying to be more affirming. I like it!

Interesting story;

When I was reading the chapter on quality time, it dawned on me why I really hate the habit of people staring at their phones while talking to me.Quality time people want not just your attention, but your undivided attention. In general, not much I can do about it with other people. However, hubby and I have argued about this one. But when I was reading the book, I was able to think of it as different languages. What happens is, I ask hubby a question, and then he immediately goes to his phone to look it up, and to me it seems like forever. In my mind, most of the time I'm not asking because I really have to know the answer immediately to who sung that song or whatever, I'm just trying to have a conversation. So when he looks at the phone, instead of talking to me, I get all irritated. In his mind I asked a question, and he is being helpful and finding the answer and now I'm mad at him. So we talked about that, and how really what I want most is just  to talk to him. And I'll tell him if I really need to know the answer (stuff like what time is the movie at) It was a good conversation. One of those where you realize that sometimes no one is right or wrong, you are just looking at things a bit differently.

  • Like 10

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I know, right. My computer tells me when to wake up, when to move, and when to go to bed.;)

Exactly. Most of the time it is best to avoid the silly voice in your head.

Ok, I'll try and remember to take a picture. Maybe it's the shortened version I have too, I just bought it for my kindle. The words of affirmation chapter was a good reminder for me to be specific like in your examples. Hubby and I talked about it, and I can tell he too is trying to be more affirming. I like it!

Interesting story;

When I was reading the chapter on quality time, it dawned on me why I really hate the habit of people staring at their phones while talking to me.Quality time people want not just your attention, but your undivided attention. In general, not much I can do about it with other people. However, hubby and I have argued about this one. But when I was reading the book, I was able to think of it as different languages. What happens is, I ask hubby a question, and then he immediately goes to his phone to look it up, and to me it seems like forever. In my mind, most of the time I'm not asking because I really have to know the answer immediately to who sung that song or whatever, I'm just trying to have a conversation. So when he looks at the phone, instead of talking to me, I get all irritated. In his mind I asked a question, and he is being helpful and finding the answer and now I'm mad at him. So we talked about that, and how really what I want most is just  to talk to him. And I'll tell him if I really need to know the answer (stuff like what time is the movie at) It was a good conversation. One of those where you realize that sometimes no one is right or wrong, you are just looking at things a bit differently.

We had a row recently when we were getting ready to go out and I was going round closing blinds, shutting doors and windows etc.  My husband was standing by the front door talking to me.  I was listening and shouting back responses but still getting ready.  He then got really cross.  I stopped him from storming out the house and said I had been listening, and repeated back all he'd just said.  He was surprised I'd listened and that defused things a bit.  We spoke about it afterwards: he sees it as we weren't in a hurry and when he talks he wants my undivided attention.  I see talking as a more dynamic process and find it comfortable to speak and do other stuff too.  And when we say we're going out, I want to get on with it.  As you say, no right or wrong, just difference, and useful to see it as such so that you don't put a meaning on another's actions that they don't intend them to have.

  • Like 3
Link to post

Two things I keep meaning to say and forget about about:

 

When we had family visiting , the kids started playing with the rings. I asked my husband if they would break their necks and he said no, my great niece(6) was doing skin the cats. The kids just had fun playing with them. Cool that they liked them, and a good reminder that rings are fun toys!

 

Also, in reading the GMB forum, I've watched a bunch of videos. When I go on youtube to watch videos, they people are  really good and doing really hard stuff. On the forums, it's much more varied level of performance. There are beginners, as well as advanced. I think Youtube gives you a bit skewed reality if that is all you see. The people who are confident enough to have their stuff publicly on video are usually really good. Where in a smaller teaching forum, you have more normal people, just learning. It was very encouraging. @zenLara I thought you would be interested in hearing this. I watched P-1 videos, and there are several people who are beginners, and doing the easier progression.

  • Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

Also, in reading the GMB forum, I've watched a bunch of videos. When I go on youtube to watch videos, they people are  really good and doing really hard stuff. On the forums, it's much more varied level of performance. There are beginners, as well as advanced. I think Youtube gives you a bit skewed reality if that is all you see. The people who are confident enough to have their stuff publicly on video are usually really good. Where in a smaller teaching forum, you have more normal people, just learning. It was very encouraging. @zenLara I thought you would be interested in hearing this. I watched P-1 videos, and there are several people who are beginners, and doing the easier progression.

You are so right. Rare people at my level would risk to plant their video on youtube, specially given the kind of comments that usually run over the internet. But because of what we see -so many vids from teachers or instructors for demos and tutorials- we forget to think how common people from the street would tackle our workouts. We are those common people, but sometimes it is hard to remember common people are not necessarily superstrong and superfit... 

I am glad that you can be in a beginners/teaching forum, that must be reassuring and helpful.

  • Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post
9 hours ago, zenLara said:

You are so right. Rare people at my level would risk to plant their video on youtube, specially given the kind of comments that usually run over the internet. But because of what we see -so many vids from teachers or instructors for demos and tutorials- we forget to think how common people from the street would tackle our workouts. We are those common people, but sometimes it is hard to remember common people are not necessarily superstrong and superfit... 

I am glad that you can be in a beginners/teaching forum, that must be reassuring and helpful.

Thanks it has bee reassuring. 

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Just got back from a walk with hubby. We decided to have a picnic first. The trail starts at a park. Then we went on our regular walk, only this time we decided to take the side pipeline trail that goes UP. Man, that hill was long and steep. 28 stair flights in under a mile. Then a came home and enjoyed coconut milk chocolate ice cream with raspberries.

 

Did my pushups today. I'm thinking of starting an accountabilibuddy group, since Obax is trying for the 10 a day too, and then @NeverThatBoredsaid she wanted to play. I did decline pushups, in two sets today, I wanted to see if I could still do those.

 

Ring workout today. It is the last week before I am supposed to do the flow, but I think I will repeat the week, since I feel like I just got advice from the trainers, and I'd like to work on that a bit. I took video, so I'll post that sometime.

  • Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Did my pushups today. I'm thinking of starting an accountabilibuddy group, since Obax is trying for the 10 a day too, and then @NeverThatBoredsaid she wanted to play. I did decline pushups, in two sets today, I wanted to see if I could still do those.

I am only doing them inclined, but it would help me too to participate. Can I, can I?

 

 

  • Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Link to post
21 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

We had a row recently when we were getting ready to go out and I was going round closing blinds, shutting doors and windows etc.  My husband was standing by the front door talking to me.  I was listening and shouting back responses but still getting ready.  He then got really cross.  I stopped him from storming out the house and said I had been listening, and repeated back all he'd just said.  He was surprised I'd listened and that defused things a bit.  We spoke about it afterwards: he sees it as we weren't in a hurry and when he talks he wants my undivided attention.  I see talking as a more dynamic process and find it comfortable to speak and do other stuff too.  And when we say we're going out, I want to get on with it.  As you say, no right or wrong, just difference, and useful to see it as such so that you don't put a meaning on another's actions that they don't intend them to have.

:) Isn't it interesting how two people can see the same situation so differently? This book is a good reminder of that, and for me to step back and see it through my husband's eyes sometimes.

8 hours ago, zenLara said:

I am only doing them inclined, but it would help me too to participate. Can I, can I?

 

 

Yes, that would be great. I started an accountabilibuddy group, and tagged you

33 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Lovely to go for a picnic EG :)

 

Hope the ring workout goes well later x

Thanks!

  • Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

I started an accountabilbuddy group for the 10 push ups a day. Anyone who wants to can come and play!

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/100116-10-push-ups-a-day/

 

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

When we had family visiting , the kids started playing with the rings. I asked my husband if they would break their necks and he said no, my great niece(6) was doing skin the cats. The kids just had fun playing with them. Cool that they liked them, and a good reminder that rings are fun toys!

Woot! Woot! for fun, and maybe sparking an interest in the kids for their future?!

22 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

As you say, no right or wrong, just difference, and useful to see it as such so that you don't put a meaning on another's actions that they don't intend them to have.

 

31 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

:) Isn't it interesting how two people can see the same situation so differently? This book is a good reminder of that, and for me to step back and see it through my husband's eyes sometimes.

These two statements! There are just so many tidbits in this book that we can agree with. The first was w.r.t. Quality Time/Talk where the one person is the "Dead Sea" and the other person is the "Babbling Brook". When I read that piece to hubby he smiled and said that was us when we got married. I was a babbling brook compared to him, even though I'm quite quiet and think more than I talk, most times (except when I'm nervous). Now he talks a bit more, and I a lot less when we're together. I don't try to drag information about his day out of him, but he also knows that I just need a bit of connection when I ask him how his day was.

The second was Quality Activities: when I read the explanation, it perfectly explained how I felt the day he took me shooting. Ok, we had to concentrate on practicing our shooting skills, it was very important, but the whole experience: "The purpose is to experience something together, to walk away from it feeling 'He cares about me. He was willing to do something with me that I enjoy, and he did it with a positive attitude.' That is love, and for some people it is love's loudest voice." When I read this to him, saying that was exactly how that day felt to me, he was gob-smacked. He didn't realise just how much it had meant to me.

Even though you are married, you stay two separate people who experience things differently, and are affected differently. Even after 21 years, we are still learning about each other!

  • Like 4

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to post
12 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Woot! Woot! for fun, and maybe sparking an interest in the kids for their future?!

 

These two statements! There are just so many tidbits in this book that we can agree with. The first was w.r.t. Quality Time/Talk where the one person is the "Dead Sea" and the other person is the "Babbling Brook". When I read that piece to hubby he smiled and said that was us when we got married. I was a babbling brook compared to him, even though I'm quite quiet and think more than I talk, most times (except when I'm nervous). Now he talks a bit more, and I a lot less when we're together. I don't try to drag information about his day out of him, but he also knows that I just need a bit of connection when I ask him how his day was.

The second was Quality Activities: when I read the explanation, it perfectly explained how I felt the day he took me shooting. Ok, we had to concentrate on practicing our shooting skills, it was very important, but the whole experience: "The purpose is to experience something together, to walk away from it feeling 'He cares about me. He was willing to do something with me that I enjoy, and he did it with a positive attitude.' That is love, and for some people it is love's loudest voice." When I read this to him, saying that was exactly how that day felt to me, he was gob-smacked. He didn't realise just how much it had meant to me.

Even though you are married, you stay two separate people who experience things differently, and are affected differently. Even after 21 years, we are still learning about each other!

Wow, we are so much alike! I was just talking about the babbling brook vs dead sea to my husband.   I used to talk more, and he would just listen. But now we both talk more. I learned that he likes for me to give him time to process information and think before he speaks. He's learned that I want to hear what he things. We both have time as our love language, which helps. Though when we were first married, I thought that meant we would spend a lot of time just sitting and talking. My husband does much better with things like us going for a walk together, or going to a play or game together.

We've been married 30 years, and I am still learning about my husband.

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines