MINI CHALLENGE: Always Know Where Your Towel Is

Hazard

"People of Earth,

your attention please.

This is Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz of the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council."

Kd63ute987zvfHxKAtv4NAhb28VohLmEJI6gFPvz

"As you will no doubt be aware, the plans for development of the outlying regions of the Galaxy require the building of a hyperspatial express route through your star system, and regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition."

"There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint.  It's far too late to start making a fuss about it now."

QUEST #1:  Save someone and get off the planet alive!

To complete this quest you must:

1. Convince (or trick) another person into coming with you some place that they've never been before.
  2. Bring a towel.
  3. Bonus points if you get them to bring a towel too.
  4. While at the location, perform a bodyweight exercise or skill of your choice, thus demonstrating to your companion that Assassins are awesome because Assassins can do it anywhere (heehee).

Optional, but encouraged for community lulz:  Take a group picture of you, your companion, and the towels at the location.  Share the picture on the Assassins' Den.

lyqbi6+VHfNf7SLaWslmVIH0uylvnftvU8B0uyS+

The Earth will be destroyed on Thursday, July 13th;

whenever I'm awake and happen to have a minute to blow Earth up.

You have until Wednesday night to get off the planet!

(Minichallenge chatter and questions can be posted in the Assassins' Den)

• Like 11

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

Due to technical difficulties (read as: I want people who want to do the Mini to be able to do the Mini), the demolition of the planet is delayed for a day.  I'll blow it up on Friday.  So that gives you slackers an extra day/night (today, Thursday) to participate if you're wanting to.

• Like 7

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

Boom.

giphy.gif

OMG NNNNOoOOOooooooooo.......

Why are you all still alive?!?

Because in an event that is totally improbable,

a random ship popped into the very space you were occupying a moment before the Earth was demolished.

Z

And this improbable event happened because otherwise we'd only have

two survivors participating in the mini-challenge,

and that would make the rest of the mini-challenge sadpanda.

So... where do we go from here?

2Q==

The week, we're going to do mental exercise. (Braingainz?)

9k=

QUEST #2:  The Ultimate Question

What's your "Big Why"?

This week I want you to ask yourself what it is that is driving your quest(s); your current challenge goals, your longer term goals, your Level 50 Epic goals.  The Life, Universe, and Everything that you envision for yourself.  You can do this mental exercise written out daily on the Assassin's Den.  You can do it on your challenge thread.  You can do it offline, privately, if you want to keep it to yourself.  It's totally up to you how much of the process you share with us.  Whichever the case, here we go:

1. I want you to think about the question today (whatever day it happens to be when you start this) and come up with an answer that seems right to you, and write it down.
  2. The next day, do it again.  Think about the question and come up with a different answer that seems right to you.  Write that answer down too.
  3. The day after, dig deeper.  Ask yourself the question again, think through it again, and come up with another different answer that seems right to you.
  4. Keep doing it!  Every day.  Dig deeper, and deeper, coming up with yet another different answer that still seems right to you, each day, until Friday (July 21st).
  5. On Friday (July 21st), I want you to then sit down with your list of answers and read them out loud to yourself.  Take a moment to pause after each one and give it just a little more thought.  See how true it rings now.  See which one really jumps out at you as being the Truest for you.  That one is, quite possibly, your real Big Why.
  6. Then, if you're willing, come onto the Assassin's Den and share your ultimate Big Why with everyone.
  7. If it turns out to be too personal that you don't want to share it, please come on the Den anyway and at least post that you completed this Mini quest - to let me know people participated.

2Q==

• Like 9

I'm zipping around prepping for a trip and don't have time to hop on the desktop to make this one pretty.

---

Quest #3:  Save Trillian!

One of your traveling companions has been captured by the Vogons.  Navigate the Vogon bureaucracy by finding the correct customer service queue, fill out the prisoner release form, find out it's the wrong color form, grab the correct color form, get back in line, wait your turn and.....  Just kidding.  You're an Assassin.  Skip the line and infiltrate this place.  

To complete this quest you must:

1. Go into another guild forum
  2. (Locate Trillian) Look for a challenge in that forum by someone you don't typically know/follow/read.
  3. See if they have a physical fitness goal 
  4. If they don't, or if all their goals require equipment you don't have any access to, then move on to another person. 
  5. Once you've picked it, post in the Assassins' Den telling us whose goal you picked, from which guild, and what the goal is.
  6. Steal it (Recover Trillian), by completing their goal for the next week.  Don't forget your towel!
  7. You have until Sunday night to complete this quest.  Post in the Assassins' Den again after you complete the goal to let us know your infiltration/rescue was successful.

Note:  You may scale their goal to a difficulty that's appropriate for you.  For example, if the goal is running a half marathon (13.1 miles), but you can only jog half a mile, then scaling the goal so that you do 3 miles of walking with some jogging mixed in would probably be more appropriate for you.  Challenge yourself, but within reason.

• Like 6