Cornelia's Third

cornelia

Here we go again!

My last challenge went really well, except for the fitness bit, so I'm going to work especially  hard to keep at my fitness goal this round.

I had a chat with my Dr earlier this week, and we decided that any cardiovascular (like c25k) is a bad idea, and I'm going to focus on building muscle, and increasing my food intake first. Afterwards, I can work on endurance etc.

Without further ado....

Challenge Goals:

1. BBWW 3/week, start at 1 set and increase as I'm able.  (Fitness)

2. Oil pull with coconut oil daily in the morning. (Self-care)

3. In bed, trying to sleep, by 11pm. No reading until wee hours! (Wellness)

4. Start the tidying method from the book 'The life-changing magic of tidying-up'. Clothes and books first. (Quest)

I going away to ymca family camp for the first week of the challenge, so I might put off a couple of the goals (coconut oil, tidying)  until I get back. 

Good luck everyone, we can do it!!

• Like 2

Ooh the family camp sounds like fun! How is it so far? 

How do you plan on making it easier for yourself to achieve the fitness goal? Eg attaching it to another habit, doing it first thing in the morning, rewarding yourself, etc?

• Like 2

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Following for the Konmari! I just finished clothes two days ago. It was slow getting started (takes a while to figure out what is "joy" for you; I had to try a lot of stuff on). You can do it!

• Like 1

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 

4 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Following for the Konmari! I just finished clothes two days ago. It was slow getting started (takes a while to figure out what is "joy" for you; I had to try a lot of stuff on). You can do it!

I found it useful.. if I really need it, I'll miss it.

but there were phases.. sometimes you go full minimalist.. then you become a hoarder!.. it's all about the equilibrium

• Like 1

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram

I heard a lot about the Konmari here, then realised that a friend was telling me about it. I started reading the book and found mysef yesterday at 1am feeling which socks bring me joy! And today I feel energised even without having slept a lot... I should do a Konmari soon (and finish the book first!)

Are you planning a full Konmari day as she suggests?

• Like 2

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Just got back from family camp, kids had a blast and I got to try archery which has been on my bucket list for ages. (Got a monster bruise from the bowstring though, lol!) The weather was wet and muddy though, so not as many beach days as we would have liked!

I'm excited to start konmari (I did get through clothes and books a couple years ago, so they should go pretty quick!) But first I have to get all our gear put away and finish the massive amounts of laundry from last week ;-)

I've been reading the second book; Spark Joy, and it's really great. I find I get overwhelmed if I think about all the tidying that needs to get done around here, but I have to remember it's just one category at a time. 

I'd like to take a whole day for each category but with it being summer, and with 2 busy little kids running around, we'll see! 

I like the idea of tying fitness to a habit/incentive but in the past that's never worked for me personally. We're really on a budget right now, so gift incentives are out- and my hubby's work is priority time-wise, so any incentive based on me taking time out to do something nice for myself is sketchy. 

As for tying it to a habit- maybe you guys can give me suggestions? Mornings are tough for me energy-wise, but maybe something else? I've never really been able to get into a workout routine, but I know it's something I need to do! :-)

I ready to jump into week two, hope everyone else is crushing it!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Popping by to say hello! It sounds like you're off to a great start, so keep it up! 

I also am doing a konmari stuff cleanse this challenge (although I have so many things going on I haven't gotten very far). Maybe I'll do "things that hang" tonight after I visit a few more rebels. 

Let us know if you need anything or have any questions. I'm cheering for you!

• Like 1

Ha! Just finished my first bbww of the challenge, yay! Barely made it one circuit but I did it!! Added a few other exercises to the end for posture, and stretched. Lookout Thursday! You're next :-)

Thanks for all the support you guys! Tomorrow I'll konmari all the clothes and report back. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Update!

So, last challenge I did really well on everything but fitness, and this challenge I've done well on fitness but abysmal on all the others, lol!

Last week, and this week I've done two bbww each week. I only managed one circuit but it's already getting easier. This coming week I'm going attempt 2 circuits :-) 

I'm getting better at going to sleep earlier- but it's a work-in-progress. 

I haven't managed to start Konmari yet, but hopefully tomorrow!

As for swishing with coconut oil, I think I need to put a jar of it in the front of my tea cupboard, so I remember to do it every morning when I am waiting for the tea to steep!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, cornelia said:

Update!

Yay! Welcome back!

So, last challenge I did really well on everything but fitness, and this challenge I've done well on fitness but abysmal on all the others, lol!

Last week, and this week I've done two bbww each week. I only managed one circuit but it's already getting easier. This coming week I'm going attempt 2 circuits :-) 

Hahaha, I always flip-flop between successes on my challenges too. As long as I'm making progress somewhere, it's good, right? Regarding upping your circuits, if you're doing the workout twice a week you could always try doing an extra circuit every other workout, so as not to get too overwhelming. (Or you can just jump in! Whatever you think will keep you on track better.) 

I haven't managed to start Konmari yet, but hopefully tomorrow!

I've been Konmari'ing this challenge, and I was super on it at the beginning and have since trailed off. I too am hoping to jump back into it... tomorrow. Lol. 

As for swishing with coconut oil, I think I need to put a jar of it in the front of my tea cupboard, so I remember to do it every morning when I am waiting for the tea to steep!

Yes! Chaining one habit on another is a great way to add it into your schedule with a minimum of resistance. Let us know how it goes! 

Keep up the good work and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

• Like 1

Heyy! Good to hear that! 
I think that it's good to be improving a bit every time, 1%.. baby steps got you were you are now! So I wouldn't worry so much about perfection, but more on improving :D

20 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

As long as I'm making progress somewhere, it's good, right?

Good luck this week!

• Like 2

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

My own page!  // Instagram