• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

Kishi Says Relax

17 minutes ago, Kishi said:

In the next chapter of Days of Our Dice, that poor kid who's been trying to get into our table was finally allowed in by DM-san. I have my misgivings as he decided to create a bisexual female character and make her as pretty as he could, which would have been one thing if he'd let the dice do it. (in hardcore 80's D&D, you let the dice do the building). The fact that he went out of his way to make this happen sparks my suspicions of an unsavoriness in his play style and what he wants to do.

Still, he hasn't done it yet, so can't really be too up in arms about it. Besides, the kid also rolled hirsutism as a medical condition and the DM wouldn't let him back out of it. So maybe the whole thing will be played for laughs. Or maybe nothing will happen. I've been wrong before.

giphy.gif

My only hope he ends up as Frustrated as possible. For the lols. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

giphy.gif

My only hope he ends up as Frustrated as possible. For the lols. 

Right? I hope so. That being said, nothing wrong with being a bearded lady. :D

Made it to Judo last night. It was so much better than hitting the bag.

Got out of work last night and was able to hit my SLS numbers about as quick as I thought I would. Got to Judo and worked on ippon seoi nage. I'm using too much strength and not enough technique. Also have to work on the pivot step. Did newaza afterward and got stomped since everyone in there either does BJJ or is a former wrestler. Which, I mean, meh. Their ground games are basically on steroids, and I don't have a similar practice or background, so it's to be expected. I'll learn a lot, if I'm mindful and careful about it.

Like I said, I still had fun. There's no ego in this place, just a lot of people talking loud and having a good time. There's an undercurrent of discipline and fight that seems to bring things around to where we need them to be again, though, so it's not too out of hand or anything.

Also, we warmed up with some timing games and I was able to show off my sasae. That felt pretty good. :D

The only thing that didn't go right as I'm looking back on it is that I didn't get to talk to J-sensei about the nature of Saturday classes, like whether it's okay to show up at noon as opposed to showing up early for the open mat. He and manong were talking about business stuff and he was on the phone when I left, so couldn't have that conversation. And looking at the logistics of breakfast and things like that, I'm going to have to get down early if I mean to get up in time to make class at 9 AM.

It's getting closer to coming together, to be sure, but it's not there yet.

Woke up with some elbow pain this morning, but it's subsided. Still, my paranoid streak is up pretty hard about that right now, so, we'll see what happens. Pitcher Curls probably not necessary going forward.

Wrote and studied last night. Got down to bed a little bit late, but given that bedtime seems to have shifted to 2330 as opposed to 0000 or possibly later, I'm not complaining.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Right? I hope so. That being said, nothing wrong with being a bearded lady. :D

Except...itchy, I would imagine. Lol. 

Kishi is Doing the Thing~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Except...itchy, I would imagine. Lol.

Actually, not so bad after a while! It would depend on how long it'd been since she shaved.

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Kishi is Doing the Thing~

YAAAAAAA- oh wait, that's me... YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I'd post a gif if the computer would handle it, but you'll just have to imagine one instead. Sorry!

• Like 1

Wow, how the time has flown.

With one day left to go, I figure it's pretty safe to take stock of how this went. All in all, things have finished up as strongly as I could have asked them to.

GOAL 1: Found my way back to S&S, after a fashion. It's lighter now than I'm used to, but that's okay since I'm trying to work on the tinier muscles, the things that connect the bigger ones.

GOAL 2: Not so much. I'm getting up earlier on Saturdays, though, which is a big win in general.

GOAL 3: Cleaned up everything except that corner. Folks left home for a while with instructions to keep the place clean. So my brother and I did just that. Also cleaned out my car again and took care of the fridge. Not the best possible outcome, but not bad! Not really.

GOAL 4: Writing and learning is going well! I have a stack of notecards now. It's getting to be pretty good size. Gonna have to start writing this story eventually.

GOAL 5: Well, I didn't spend as much time on this game as I would have liked, but I did wind up spending a lot of time going out to be with people and to just be generally personable. It involved playing lots of games. I was glad.

And so, that's the end of that. I wish there was more to say, something fancier, but the truth is, this was a pretty low-key challenge and kind of a break. It was needed.

But in truth, I don't really know where to go from here in terms of making up another challenge. I'm not saying I've made it by any stretch, but everything seems to be humming along rather well. I don't really know what changes to the machine I would make.

Aaah...

this is something I've been feeling for a long time...

I don't know an easy way to say it...

but...

I'm switching to a Battle Log there I said it

Why, what did you think this was building up to? :P Make no mistake, I love my Monks, and I'm not going anywhere. But given what the challenges have become to me - a daily game - that just feels right to me to do. Absent some great, epic goal to tie everything together, I'm just not feeling a drive to set up challenges for myself anymore. Say something big comes up - say, Camp NF next year, or maybe some other crazy thing with crazy nerds in another part of the country, or a shiai - and I'll have a challenge thread back up.

But otherwise, it's down to the grind and polish, the refining of things that you can only really do on a day by day basis. I feel like that's where I am right now, and a battle log feels like a better fit for that kind of thing right now.

I actually do have one! That I haven't touched in a long time, because I got into it before I was ready. But things are different, and I'm not the man I used to be.

Thanks as always to everyone who stopped by! And don't think of this as me leaving. 'Cuz I'm not. Think of this as me taking all the awesome of past challenges and condensing it into a single location. Where you can stop by. And say hello.

please stop by and say hello I'll be lonely without you

Ahem, hem. Herm. Not that I'm, you know, desperate or anything.

• Like 4

This changes nothing IMO, 'cept not having to chase you down every month~ There are a lot of perks to the Battle Log Life. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Urgan said:

This changes nothing IMO, 'cept not having to chase you down every month~ There are a lot of perks to the Battle Log Life. 

That is true! I have to admit, it's nice to know I have a place I can constantly find you and pester you study the things you do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kishi said:

That is true! I have to admit, it's nice to know I have a place I can constantly find you and pester you study the things you do.

I find when you can make laziness work for you, those become the easiest wins, lol. 

• Like 1

I'm so glad to hear this challenge was successful for you!! I missed out on the epic religion discourse, but that seemed like really cool personal growth-y type stuff for you as well (was that a bonus for this challenge?).  Ah yes back to S&S gooooood.  Goooood.  good. 

It sounds like everything proceeded apace with this challenge, which is great to hear!  And I think it's neat that you're switching fitness tracking mediums to fit the type of conditioning and training you're doing.  We'll have to go bother you now in a different place.  Tragedy.  Urk.  Truly we shall be despondent with additional clicks to find you. 

Congratulations on such a great challenge!  I'm glad to hear you made so much good progress in things that were important to you.  Yay!

• Like 1

I am so happy to see that you are settling into a routine where you have all the things you enjoy integrated into your life. Balancing three dojos, solo training, a job, a family and a social life takes work. Maybe even challenging enough to keep you engaged for awhile. B) 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, Urgan said:

I find when you can make laziness work for you, those become the easiest wins, lol. 

True friggin' story. Some call it laziness, but if you do it in the right places then it's called efficiency. :D

23 hours ago, Treva said:

I'm so glad to hear this challenge was successful for you!! I missed out on the epic religion discourse, but that seemed like really cool personal growth-y type stuff for you as well (was that a bonus for this challenge?).  Ah yes back to S&S gooooood.  Goooood.  good. 

I guess it was! I dunno. Hard to figure out the right thing to do, but that's a faith thing too I suppose. And yes, good to be back with the bells.

It sounds like everything proceeded apace with this challenge, which is great to hear!  And I think it's neat that you're switching fitness tracking mediums to fit the type of conditioning and training you're doing.  We'll have to go bother you now in a different place.  Tragedy.  Urk.  Truly we shall be despondent with additional clicks to find you. 

Actually, if anything, it should be less clicks, since I linked the blog in my sig. So no need to be so low. :P

Congratulations on such a great challenge!  I'm glad to hear you made so much good progress in things that were important to you.  Yay!

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I am so happy to see that you are settling into a routine where you have all the things you enjoy integrated into your life. Balancing three dojos, solo training, a job, a family and a social life takes work. Maybe even challenging enough to keep you engaged for awhile. B) 

Yeah, seriously. Life is hard when you get to live it. :)

So, hey guys, I dunno if you noticed, but I have a link in my sig that just reads "BATTLE!" That is the link to the battle log. So if you guys ever want to stop on by, you know where to go.

Onward!

• Like 1