• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Morag

[Morag] skips the theme and goes back to the basics

UPDATE

Well so apparently: hubby is a clutz.

I am back home, and possibly slept enough for now, thinking of napping later though.

Serious thinking of nutrition happening here.

THU

We were on the 8:20 train leaving Kiel south bound, at 9:30 13min layover in HH (Hamburg), and another 11min one around 12:30 in Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe. We arrived at Korbach 13:56 and got ourselves to the foot of (what goes for a mountain here) Hessenstein at 3pm. Arriving at the gate 20min later with slightly achy calves and an appreciation for people not living at the coast doing anything physical during summer.

The weather, apart from the goodbye rainshower Kiel sent us off with, was gorgeous and we had a really high quality day trip.

Walking into the castle reception area the hubby-being-a-clutz-part entered and we were informed that "no, the meet we were talking about is next week".

At which point all hell could have broken loose, but it didn't. We handled things well, checked train prices and room prices and booked a return ticket (2.3× the price of the travel there, not being as awesomely discount and all that) and went back. Walking off the hill and having a serious conversation about

me: sorry I'm not working / not helping with the finances / we can't afford to just stay and make it a weekend trip just for us.

And him: when you almost died twice in your very young life (broken appendix 2003 and cancer 2005) your perspective changes, we're gonna be okay. Even if we have to finnangle something, it's gonna be okay.

And we had a gorgeous trip, we're disgustingly lovey-dovey during most of it, and agreed that the 250€ one day road trip with our respective spouse? Yeah, worth it.

We spent 2h in Korbach with an easy, delicious quiet dinner kebab plate (him) and kebab calzone (me), got an earlier train to Kassel, spent 1h1/2 in Kassel, then our ICE collected 45min of delay while we were on it and "only" had a 2h+ overlay in HH 2:25-4:30 arriving at Kiel station 6am after 22h on trains, bus or overlays and walked home to crash after 24h of being up and moving.

#NoRegrets #AccidentalRoundTrip #DisgustinglyHappy

7c833bfe63fa85d9abc67bc747bf862d.jpg13500863197d63b1c74d2c1787e681aa.jpg5fe484d47de82aa0d0d698e6939abb0a.jpgda83269436da17703b68ec9c9f8b2866.jpg5b2d90079311c3213c0d58a00dfa5526.jpg135192c46e1307305a87eeedbd0d698f.jpg680ed504363bbff9b04e81ad11987c90.jpg

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 3

PS next week we're gonna do it all over again.

Still hoping to organise a car or carpool.

We got to leave the big cloths suitcase in Hessenstein yay less luggage back and there again.

And I got a fair bit of crochet done:

78293f80bdb9796aefbd854f1b510d7d.jpg

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

• Like 2

I love the forums here. The overall athmosphere is wonderful.

weightloss (or more precisely: not-losing-weight-as-I-would-like-)rant spoilered:

I am deeply conflicted about it all. Yes, I am aware that I am too heavy for my height, and yes I am strong and getting stronger, but mostly I just feel... meh! about how I move and feel and AM in my body. And I am aware that that is only partially about the weight, the other part being the image I have in my head of how I think I should move and feel and be... It's that GAP that makes me feel crappy. It's not that I am disgusted with how I look. I've been at that point two years ago, it's not a nice place to be. And it took serious effort on both sides of the gap to get away from that awful place to somewhere better. But I am not happy where I am yet, and I refuse to starve myself, knowing that it is a path of real suffering and more importanly a path that might not get me to where I want to go AND it might fuck me up longterm (eating disorders, jojo-effect, rarara), so why not figure out a path Without suffering that Will get me where I want to go? Easier said than done.

I am logging my food, aiming for 1760 kcal/day. I will continue to log things, because bad things happen when I don't.

I am thinking about going a little lower (1400-1500), now while it's summer break and my regular training classes are on hold and consciously adding food when I do work out because I sure am doing less. I am also thinking about more "repeating meals" to make logging easier. Start a binder (or something!) and collect either meals to prep in advance or things to repeat on the spot... Now that the kids are home we CONSTANTLY have the "I don't like this! - You haven't even tried it!"-discussion. Usually ending in a "You will sit at the table!"-snarl from me. Which is always fun, isn't it? But why do I tell you? Because it's one more thing draining my willpower and energy, and I'd like to find a way to feel good. About myself as well as about food and food&family. I am just not sure how to get there yet. But I am having a lot of thinking going on about kcal-balance, paleo/keto/whathaveyou style of eating (I refuse to use the word diet, even though it is accurate, because I am looking for a lifestyle change, not a short-term diet).

I am going to go out while it's still light out and buy some groceries now. Why isn't it ever easy?

Easy choices - hard life.

Hard choices - easy life.

right?

Anyway, speak soon.

• Like 2

The forum looks different on the browser, tapatalk won't allow me to log in. I am officially grrrr. But it's too late at night to worry and fret about it now, I wouldn't find an answer even if it sat down on my keyboard and arrested my hands, so bed it is. More gaming tomorrow. Hope that'll be okay. Challenge wrap up, maybe tomorrow if I am not too weird/tired/bitchy.

Love you'all

K

• Like 1

Cutting your calories super low would first and foremost sap all your strength gains that you've said yourself you're so happy with your capabilities right now.  Your'e definitely on the right track thinking that doing that will not get what you what you want.  Do you track your macros as well as your calories?  Some people (who I am quite jealous of hahah) can get away with just tracking calories but some people are a lot more sensitive to what exactly the calories are and it can cause them to not hit their goals as easily as others.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raxie said:

Cutting your calories super low would first and foremost sap all your strength gains that you've said yourself you're so happy with your capabilities right now.  Your'e definitely on the right track thinking that doing that will not get what you what you want.  Do you track your macros as well as your calories?  Some people (who I am quite jealous of hahah) can get away with just tracking calories but some people are a lot more sensitive to what exactly the calories are and it can cause them to not hit their goals as easily as others.  

Thanx, Raxie, it helps to hear from someone on the outside that I'm doing the right thing, weird, but true.

I am tracling macros, but since I am not really sure what they should be I am just winging it: + on the protein front, - on the carbs side. But honestly it's pretty much all over the place.

I was thinking about going lower carb higher day again, not me to per sé, just reducing carbs. I was aiming for paleo-esk diet when I started out (little bread, no potatoes, no pasta, no rice, dairy allowed although limiting cheese, and legumes allowed) not actually sure how my macros were back then, but I was wondering: what was I doing differently all the times my progress was on point?

I am not sure what to do with the next challenge yet, so bear with me while I figure that out.

It feels weird, me, where I am mentally. Not entirely bad, just weird.

• Like 2