elizevdmerwe - Accountability while taking a bit of a break

Expect your mom not to handle you MIL's visit well. That will mean there is another grandmother around and she will likely feel threatened.

24 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Adam and I have sinus. He has it bad, post nasal drip which I can't seem to stop from dripping, starting him to cough. Jongegezellen was good for my mom yesterday. She was like a hyper child afterwards, friendly and chatting and very touchy feely. I wasn't happy with the last part - again. Drew away when she tried to pinch my bum! Gave her a look. Really! My personal space is again almost non-existent.

This likely goes back to her disorder. If she's in a good mood, she's all the way in a good mood. It doesn't occur to her that anyone else feels any differently than she does, so she doesn't realize you might not appreciate her affections. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Expect your mom not to handle you MIL's visit well. That will mean there is another grandmother around and she will likely feel threatened.

Will just have to see. She hasn't really been giving the boys any attention other than greeting them, and when they insist on her listening to something they want to say. Adam told her this morning when greeting her that he and I had a rough night because he was coughing, and feeling very bad, getting sick, etc. She said, "mmm shame" then turned around to me all concerned, "are you alright, aren't you tired, shame you had such a difficult night." I just looked at her and said that yes I am tired, but Adam is the one who is sick, not me.

I asked her to stay with Adam this afternoon when I take Rocco to concert practice. She was fine with it, but I think she is going to be upset when she finds out that mil wants to go with to see Rocco perform. On the other hand mil almost never see them "in action" because she lives so far away. Maybe she will faff when she sees how much attention mil gives the boys. I don't know. I really don't know what to expect.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This likely goes back to her disorder. If she's in a good mood, she's all the way in a good mood. It doesn't occur to her that anyone else feels any differently than she does, so she doesn't realize you might not appreciate her affections.

Yip - that's what I thought.

Have to run. Might chat over the weekend, but it is going to be a busy one.

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 10/22/2017 at 6:03 AM, maegs said:

Hope your weekend's going well and there haven't been any grandma showdowns

be4141073e1f2d590205c18477ba8712a60c1723

Thanks! We are all still alive and kicking with no showdowns, but there were a couple of tense moments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Took my mom to hospital to see the geriatrics psychologist doctor there on Friday. The boys and I stayed in the car doing schoolwork, mostly me reading and discussion. At a point (+-2hrs later) I went in to tell my mom I can't stay there the whole time, that she should please message me when it is her time to see the doctor, then I'll come and fetch her, but I had to go to town to buy extra veg, etc. for the weekend. Also mil sent me a message by then saying they have left early and she would be at our home by noon (11h30-12h00). I basically had just over an hour to get everything done. Adam's sinus/cold was getting worse, and I wanted to get him out of the car and wind.

My mom wasn't happy with us leaving and by the sounds of it (what she told us afterwards) she had worked herself into such a state that by the time the dr. saw her, he wanted to put her in hospital to be treated (according to what she said when I fetched her). Anyway, she was put on new medicine. Two stays the same, two are new. One taken away totally.

Mil came with packets and packets full of food, meat (kudu and wildebeest biltong, sausage, dry wors...), biscuits, rusks, sweets... Think there were 10 supermarket packets! Anyway... She went with Rocco and I to the concert practice which Rocco LOVED! It is about Pete the Cat, and Rocco will be Pete the Cat in the second story where Pete has to dance. Mil loved it and said that she was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed everything went, yet well organised. She met some of the other HS parents and kids and liked them (almost never happened before). I asked my mom if she would please look after Adam at home because he was getting worse and it would mean a lot to me if she could stay with him. She wasn't happy, but stayed with Adam after I told her that she could go with the next concert practice, but Ma Chris only has one day to see what one of the boys are up to. She never gets to go with.

Friday evening I looked at my mom's new medicine and was shocked that she was given epileptic/paranoia meds! After a lot of reading I realised that BPD is usually treated with those kinds of medicine! So this 2nd doctor had most likely copped on to my mom's actual condition, as the two new meds focused solely on brain imbalance, paranoia, anxiety. Mil had a long talk with Brandt in private, and later on with me. From then on the tension was a little less in the house (from Saturday morning basically) when mil had decided that she felt more sorry for my mom because of everything I've told you guys before, but that no one should take any nonsense from my mom.

My mom's new medicine is really helping her stay noticeably calmer. She says she feels a whole lot "lighter" and better, and am sleeping more soundly and longer than before.

Sunday broke bright and early. We dropped Brandt and mil off at the starting point and silly, rushed, me had forgotten to take my phone off airplane mode. Thus I only got Brandt's message to fetch him again, an hour later when we got to the beach/race finish! Brandt's bicycle tube had burst to such an extent that part of the wheel rim actually broke off! I'm still not totally sure what happened, but Brandt said it had to do with him changing the tires from mountain bike to slicks (tire and tube size), and a bad/low quality rim. He is having a new rim made today. In the meantime, when Brandt realised that I hadn't received his message in time, he started walking/cycling slowly back home. Opposite direction to the actual race. He had to cover +-35km, while mil had to cover 65km for the race. She didn't want to do the race, but he insisted she finish it, and get to us. I phoned him the first time to find out where he was after reading his message, and to find out whether he was ok. And the 2nd time I phoned him was to say his mom had finished, we'll be packing up and leaving a.s.a.p. He had arrived at home, exactly as I phoned, when she crossed the finish line!

While my mom, the boys and I sat on the beach, Adam had pulled on my left hand and two of my fingers feel like they are sprained: swollen and very sore around the knuckles. I can't even wear my wedding ring today. The time we spent on the beach was calm and relaxing. My mom didn't put a foot in the water after having said how many times that she would love to walk in the water. Luckily there was no incident of anyone trying to steal our bag this time.

When mil finished and we had to leave, I realised I had to drive us out of Durban city! Brandt normally drive home, as he knows back ways. It was chaos with almost all of the roads going back being closed for the cycling race! For TWO HOURS I struggled from one exit to another, a lot of traffic because I wasn't the only one (nearly 4000 participants and the race still going strong), and finally phoned Brandt to ask for directions for another exit I didn't know to reach. Another hour and we were finally home!

During Sunday afternoon mil tried to draw my mom into conversation, but again, my mom couldn't really hold a conversation if she wasn't talking about herself. It is so, so sad. Mil told me last night after my mom has gone to bed to just try and have some kind of conversation with my mom each day, spend a little bit of time with her. She came angry and ready to stand up for us, and left feeling that my mom is in "a pathetic state of mind". Yes, my mom's choices lead her there, but still. Mil also told me that she will definitely help to buy any linen my mom needs when she moves into the home.

Adam is feeling a whole lot better, but Rocco got up sniffling this morning.

This is going to be a busy week:

Monday: Mil left around 10h00 this morning. Brandt and the boys are going to the hairdresser this afternoon :D the guys at his work are having Mow-vember-month, but Brandt and Hendrik said they will peroxide their hair, rather than grow a beard. Self defense during the late afternoon.

Tuesday: Sport morning and afternoon.

Wednesday: Home and garden.

Thursday: I am seeing the stylist for the next of my "Mother's day makeover" prize during the morning. Sport the afternoon.

Friday: The boys and I are going on an outing with Nature Club during the whole morning, my mom will have to stay home alone. BW during the afternoon.

Saturday: Adam's next Wessa Field Guide course day.

Sunday: Club shoot day.

• Like 5

On 10/23/2017 at 4:09 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad your MIL was able to help the situation, and that some new meds seem to be helping. Keep working on getting your mom somewhere else to live.

That is an absolute must. We've done our part, now it is up to space availability and the Padca administration.

Brandt and the boys went to the hairdresser today. I'm not sure what to say...

Huge thunderstorm this afternoon, so we didn't get to do self defense *sigh*. We'll see how tomorrow turns out. I spent most of the afternoon re-familiarising myself with our Schools Act to be able to comment on changes the Dept of Education wants to make w.r.t. education and homeschooling in particular. Law is not my strong point, but as I was part of the group that spoke to them two years ago, I have to submit comments. My brain is like Swiss cheese - full of holes and not holding on to any information.

• Like 4

UP, UP & AWAY!

Summary up to and including Monday:

Water - 30/35 points to pass: Monday - enough water and extra tea -  9.5 points

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: Monday up on time, stretches, reading. - 3 point

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass - Monday night early in bed, about 21h30. Lights off before 22h00 - 6 points

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass - Sunday: a lot of walking from parking to beach and back. Some gardening in the afternoon because mil wanting some plants to take home - roots and all, enough to count. Monday: Nope - 4 points

Points on BPD (which Tank has already told me) which I HAVE TO REMEMBER at all times:

Spoiler

• Belief: This person can't help having BPD, so I shouldn't hold them accountable for their behaviour-
    • TRUTH: The person did not ask to have BPD, BUT with help they CAN learn to control their behaviour towards others.
  • Belief: Setting personal limits hurts the person with BPD.
    • TRUTH: Setting personal limits is ESSENTIAL for all relationships, especially those in which one or both have BPD.
  • Belief: I should love, support, understand and offer unconditional acceptance.
    • TRUTH: There is a big difference between loving, supporting and accepting the person, and loving, supporting and accepting their behaviour. Accepting unacceptable behaviour may encourage it to continue (or get worse), and perpetuating your own situation.

I am ravenous this morning! The boys are both ok, better than yesterday. My fingers are still sore, definitely sprained. And today is a beautiful, hot, humid, summer day!

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 6

• Belief: This person can't help having BPD, so I shouldn't hold them accountable for their behaviour-
    • TRUTH: The person did not ask to have BPD, BUT with help they CAN learn to control their behaviour towards others.
  • Belief: Setting personal limits hurts the person with BPD.
    • TRUTH: Setting personal limits is ESSENTIAL for all relationships, especially those in which one or both have BPD.
  • Belief: I should love, support, understand and offer unconditional acceptance.
    • TRUTH: There is a big difference between loving, supporting and accepting the person, and loving, supporting and accepting their behaviour. Accepting unacceptable behaviour may encourage it to continue (or get worse), and perpetuating your own situation.

These things. I'm glad you're reminding yourself.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they find your mother a placement very soon. So badly needed for everyone in this situation.
  • Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

17 hours ago, Fonzico said:

These things. I'm glad you're reminding yourself.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they find your mother a placement very soon. So badly needed for everyone in this situation.

It is absolutely essential for me to keep sane.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

And she burnt her finger again on Monday, in some or other way. A HUGE blister, and she has no recollection of how it happened. I don't know whether I should let the social worker know or not. I burnt my fingers on a hot oven dish Monday evening when I took it out of the oven, but it only became red. How long must she have kept her finger against something that hot, that it made such a bad blister?

Tuesday morning Brandt and I were discussing the bottle of cream that went off. I couldn't smell it (sinus?), but did taste it in the coffee. She stood there listening to us for a bit then asked whether she could drink a glass of the cream. We looked at her flabbergasted. I mean, we just said it is off, and will make us sick, don't use it, I'm going to throw it out, now she wants to drink it? Brandt just shook his head and walked away. I told her "It's bad, but go ahead if you want to. But I don't want to hear any word of your tummy troubles and you can get to the hospital by yourself from food poisoning, or constant runny tummy." She only said "oh" and walked away then.

She did go to bible study with no problems. She stayed at home afterwards, and we went to Playball by ourselves. It was such a relief that I could just relax.

UP, UP & AWAY!

Water - 30/35 points to pass: Tuesday - enough water and extra tea (made a boo-boo with the points - fixed now) -  9 points

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: Tuesday - Up, Up and Away - 4 points

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass - Tuesday - in bed by 22h00, lights off and asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow - 7 points

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass - Tuesday - Walked at Playball - 5 points

Caught up with the first week's lessons of the LCL course: Play when you were a child. Remember your favourite toy, what you think you learned, how it made you feel, why was it your favourite... I didn't have just one favourite, I had favourites for different feelings, emotions, ideas, something different for every situation (was an only child and had to keep myself busy/entertained).

Rocco had a discussion with the dancing teacher yesterday. She said to dance to the music that she chose, and he didn't like the song. So she said tough luck, I asked you to dance to this song, your chance is up. He got into a discussion with her, she ended saying if he was unhappy with the way she was teaching, he can go back to his old dancing teacher. His old dancing teacher used to work for this lady, was unhappy with how she ran the lessons, and started her own dancing school. We only found out about this history when we joined in July. When we left then, he told me he is quitting. We had a long discussion in the car on the way home, ending with something in the line of: when you have to learn from someone who has more experience and knowledge than you, is being paid to teach you what they know, whether you like the method/song or not, doesn't count, you do what they ask and learn what they are trying to teach you. At home (somewhere else) you can apply what you've learned to a song of your choice, etc. but at the lesson, you watch, listen and learn. And you do it to the best of your ability, not halfheartedly, not as if you are wasting your time by being there, but to the best of your ability.

I remembered a time that I felt like he did yesterday. Feeling hurt? ashamed? rebellious? unfairly treated? as if I was moaned at but they didn't understand what I'm struggling with ... I don't know how to describe it, but I remember that feeling, saw it on his face. You don't want to face this person again, you'd rather just give up and "run/stay away". We'll have to see how it goes next week. Only 5 more lessons till year end.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

Good pep talk, super mom. I hope it helps Rocco grow. :)

:) He is calmer and ready to face the last of the dancing lessons. Not quitting yet.

I'm not sure what is up with me, though.:apthy: My hair appointment for the M.day prize is today and I'm super nervous. Looked at various hairstyles last night, a little bit of colour possibilities... and slept badly. I hit a new low last night about my looks. I've very seldom got the style that I asked for at my previous hairdresser, and thus only once or twice looked good to myself, or felt good walking out of the salon. Usually I just shrug and say "oh well" and forget what I look like. For some or other reason this session today is super important to me. Maybe I'm nervous because I'm going in blind, no idea of what they are going to do, knowing they have some hair colour and style change in mind. So I slept a bit in as I know I was rolling around during the night. Didn't get up early enough for stretches and reading. Only bible study now.

UP, UP & AWAY!

Water - 30/35 points to pass: Wednesday - enough water and extra tea -  10.5 points

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: Wednesday - Up, Up and Away - 5 points

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass - Wednesday - in bed by 22h00, lights off but not asleep. Bad night - 8 points

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass - Wednesday - Gardening: new compost in some beds, deadheaded the flowers on other bushes, filled holes - 6 points

• Like 6

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I'm not sure what is up with me, though.:apthy: My hair appointment for the M.day prize is today and I'm super nervous. Looked at various hairstyles last night, a little bit of colour possibilities... and slept badly. I hit a new low last night about my looks. I've very seldom got the style that I asked for at my previous hairdresser, and thus only once or twice looked good to myself, or felt good walking out of the salon. Usually I just shrug and say "oh well" and forget what I look like. For some or other reason this session today is super important to me. Maybe I'm nervous because I'm going in blind, no idea of what they are going to do, knowing they have some hair colour and style change in mind. So I slept a bit in as I know I was rolling around during the night. Didn't get up early enough for stretches and reading. Only bible study now.

Your mother is living with you now. Did she used to comment on your hair a lot? Or did she make you feel like your hair was unimportant in some way?

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 10/26/2017 at 6:17 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

You should get it peroxided to match Brandt.

That would be a sight. Turned out I went dark. So we've switched colours around.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:36 AM, Elastigirl said:

I hope the hair styling goes well and you  really like it.

How did you sprain your hand? I hope it heals quickly.

The appointment went well, and I loved the head massage. I am not sure about the colouring, but appreciate the short style :) I have been getting a lot of compliments this afternoon though, so I guess it went well. Saw friends at sport and they said I look younger.

Adam grabbed my hand (fingers) on the beach while walking and swung it around, in the process he pulled some of the fingers, and since then the knuckles and first digits? have been sore. It is better now but still swollen. I couldn't get my wedding ring on again.

On 10/26/2017 at 2:42 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Your mother is living with you now. Did she used to comment on your hair a lot? Or did she make you feel like your hair was unimportant in some way?

I can't remember. I actually think she did call me beautiful at times, but we never had those mother-daughter talks about hair do's, clothes, make up, etc. I did go through a lot of years where I would see some of my mom's facial features in my own face and disliked it immensely. Might be part of that still? Sometimes I think I look ok, or good, but then forget about it when I turn away from the mirror. She burst out in tears when I got home. Went on and on about how "beautiful and young" I look. Sent my two aunts photos of me... I felt a bit creeped out with how she went on.

Well, Brandt was happy when he saw me, so ... all's good.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

She burst out in tears when I got home. Went on and on about how "beautiful and young" I look. Sent my two aunts photos of me... I felt a bit creeped out with how she went on.

It's the black or white thinking. She likes it, so she 100% totally likes it and how could anyone in the world not go overboard with how absolutely perfectly wonderfully perfect your hair is.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's the black or white thinking. She likes it, so she 100% totally likes it and how could anyone in the world not go overboard with how absolutely perfectly wonderfully perfect your hair is.

LOL, yeah, figured it was that *sigh*. Had to duck and dive again this morning because she kept wanting to touch my hair and me.

She is sulking because she can't come with us on an outing this morning. Just told her this is what is going to happen, finish and klaar. She will visit Francoisana for an hour and half, come home and keep herself busy. She has her knitting, she has a movie she rented yesterday, she has copious magazines which Francoisana gave her. I made her lunch - showed it to her with strict instructions she has to eat 12h00-12h30 and put her half pill in there as well. She realised quickly I'm not going to entertain any "comments" about taking her along again. I feel like a sergeant-major keeping his troops on the straight and narrow.

7 hours ago, annyshay said:

I think you look like a punk rock badass. Totally appropriate. ;)

:) Thanks.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Very cute. I like the color.

:) Thanks.

• Like 2

We went to Cumberland Nature Reserve this morning. I couldn't take any photos as we were told to leave our cellphones in the cars. There was however a lady from the Outdoor Educators group who took photos. The morning consisted of learning how to row with kayak's. It was awesome! :D The man in charge divided us into different groups with one parent in each group. Rocco was in my group and Adam in another. Rocco had no problem getting a teammate and the two of them got along fine on the water, learning to row. I was grouped with a 13yr girl, and we did great on the water as well. Dare I say we took to kayak and rowing like ducks to water? Even got some reverse motion in. :P There were few enough girls that we crowed a little victory cry about that.

Adam wasn't so happy and at first refused to go out. Then after our group came back he asked the man in charge whether he could still try and the guy was very patient and supportive, told Adam that he was so proud that Adam was willing to face his fear and try it out anyway. Adam was grouped with one of the dad's and they had just as great a time on the water. When both boys were back on land with me, they said it was definitely something they would like to do more often. My friend Carol, is going to look into renting kayak's so that we don't have to join a sport's team, but just join at a local dam to paddle.

After the kayaking, we went back to the lapa to have lunch, during which the boys and I had to come back home. The rest of the group were going to walk on the nature reserve itself, look at spoor (tracks), learn about plants, etc.

This is a photo of another group from another day, but it shows the kayaks and the dam that we were on.

84d361697ebeca8e333a1be36b3f13c2.jpg

These are not my photos, but just to give you an idea of where we were and how it looked. And yes, it is green now.

61001450.jpg

Pics-31.jpg

My mom went to Francoisana's house for the morning, and then spent the rest of the morning driving around town with her. She was exuberant about her morning in the shops when we came home. Still haven't really given us a chance to tell about our morning, but I'm glad that she is in a better/good mood. Will give me time to proof read the Aus. book which needs to be in by Sunday. Tomorrow is Wessa course for Adam again, Brandt is marshalling at a rally, and we have club shoot on Sunday. I'll pop in on your challenges as I get a chance.

• Like 4

Looks like a good time had by all.  Your hair looks nice.  Short hair doesn't suit every woman, but it looks nice on you.  Frames your face nicely.

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

On 10/27/2017 at 6:45 PM, Elastigirl said:

Kayaking is so fun! I've only done it on a small lake, but I really enjoyed it. Tell Adam -Woohoo, way to go!

It was really great! Adam is very proud that he got his nerve together to try it.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:33 PM, maegs said:

You look great! The colour really suits you, it was a good choice :) The kayaking sounds like a great time! I'm glad the boys and you enjoyed it and Adam was able to take part!

Thanks. The two ladies chose the colour. I just sat there trying to trust their judgment. The man from the adventure club said that they will be organising "leadership" camps for next year. Maybe something once a month. Hopefully the boys will be able to participate. Well at least Adam, as Rocco is still too young.

On 10/28/2017 at 5:33 AM, GregT. said:

Looks like a good time had by all.  Your hair looks nice.  Short hair doesn't suit every woman, but it looks nice on you.  Frames your face nicely.

Thank you :)

------------------------------------------------

A photo from Friday morning: me and S in the kayak-

Saturday was super busy. We hardly touched ground. Today started off early again as it was club shoot. The guys gave Brandt and I a bit of grief about our hair, asking him whether he is going through some mid-life crisis :D and I'm trying to cover for him, or what. The one lady whom I've made friends with at the club, didn't recognise me at all, and only when we were leaving did she actually greet me! :P I also managed to cut my thumb with the slide, don't ask me how. Have a round patch that is without skin, sore, not bleeding anymore, and of course bumps against everything! As I loaded my mags I realised that I had forgotten my (prescription) glasses at home. I had my sunglasses on and then later the safety glasses, and couldn't understand why I was struggling to focus. I can see ok without my glasses, just struggling with fine print close up and focusing at a distance, which is what I needed to do at shooting of course. But I am happy to say that I did pretty well, except for the 15m (45ft) shoot.

Brandt took this photo of me for his mom, to show that the pants she made me for club shoot days are working 100%. It was cold and windy as normal. I was also struggling with my holster. This one isn't really made for the fire arm I have, but I've got the right one on order. It just takes a while to come in from good old USA :) .

Finished the proof reading, but haven't been able to continue with the course work. That will have to wait for Monday and Tuesday evening. My next appointment with the make-over lady is Tuesday when she wants to go clothes shopping, then maybe next week Friday (second Friday from now) for the photo shoot.

And on to the actual challenge summary for the week...

UP, UP & AWAY!

Water - 30/35 points to pass: until start week 2 -  12.5 points

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: until start week 2 - 6 points

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass - until start week 2 - 9 points

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass - until start week 2 - 6 points

The cricket practice the boys didn't have on Thursday afternoon, due to the weather, will be tomorrow afternoon, so no self defense again! Tuesday I'm probably going to be buying clothes while the boys are at Playball, so no walking for me. Wednesday afternoon I need to take my mom to the mall to draw her pension, pay her policy, and stick Adam for a milkshake as it is his birthday - so no gardening. Friday afternoon is Rocco's concert practice again, so maybe no BW! Saturday morning we are taking Adam to the mall as a family for his birthday movie and cake, so maybe some gardening?! I'm going to have to figure something out somewhere.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I also managed to cut my thumb with the slide, don't ask me how.

You probably had your thumb too high on the weapon and got it in the path of the slide when it went backward with the recoil. If you'll notice the picture below, the person holding the gun has the thumbs completely below the slide:

SA_Thumbs.jpg

If the thumbs are above that line they will likely get cut by the slide moving back and forth so quickly.

• Like 1

Current Challenge