elizevdmerwe - Accountability while taking a bit of a break

19 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Oh wowza, dahling you look smashing! You definitely pull off that glammed up look!

What fun to get to do all of this :) of course you have so many wonderful attributes that have nothing to do with looks... But isn't it kind of nice to know that you've got it going on in all areas? :D

Brandt is a lucky man!

*HUGS* Thanks Fonzico. I did have fun when I managed to relax. Glammed up isn't really my style but yes, I think I now know I can do it when necessary. Building up confidence, feeling less self-conscious.

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You look amazing, and so happy!

Thanks Tank! They kept saying "smile now, don't be so shy with us" etc. Made me laugh a lot. The other ladies were great and helped me a lot to relax.

18 hours ago, GregT. said:

You look fantastic.  Your should be proud of yourself for going through with it.  You look like you are enjoying yourself too.  Really like the color palette you chose.  It does go with your tone very nicely.

Thank you! I felt overwhelmed and scared at times, so I am glad that I stuck through it. It is a HUGE change. I couldn't help laughing when they had me "stand like this, with your hand up here". It was after the other ladies have left, and the photographer said I had to properly model for her now.

18 hours ago, maegs said:

Wow, you look fantastic!

Thank you! I look at the photos and I'm still shocked.

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You look gorgeous. You were always pretty, but the hair color, and the color of the clothes do so much to really highlight that beauty. Makes me want to pay more attention to color charts and skin tone.

Thanks, EG, you're sweet. The hair change has made all the difference, and working in the garden in the winter sun :D. Buying the right colour clothes isn't difficult, so I can add that little bit of detail when I have to buy clothes/tops next time.

13 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Gosh.

You really look happy.

Thanks Jakkals :) It was a great day and experience, in the end.

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Wow. You look fabulous.

Thanks Sloth! Every girl needs her day.

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You look great!   

Thank you. Amazing what the right war paint can do :D:P

If there was something I've learned it is that I don't have to be the dolled up woman all the time (I'm not a professional working woman), neither the busy, gardening, running around like crazy, neglected (by herself) housewife. Somewhere between the two halves I have to find myself and balance. Although the outer looks really aren't that important to me (I don't judge a person by their outward appearance), I realised that it did something for my confidence for me to see myself as pretty. I don't have to look like that all the time, but I can spend time, money and attention on myself. And yes! All girls/women need to have such a day at least once in their lives! I'm learning to appreciate myself in another way, I guess.

Brandt said that I could buy the one or two things I needed in my little make up "kit". Which I did this morning. Very, very basic "kit". I'm going to save money and later book an appointment with the make up artist for some lessons.

• Like 5

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 11/12/2017 at 2:24 AM, annyshay said:

Basically show you what we already know... you're Wonder Woman. *hugs* and congrats on an excellent day!

:D Wow, wish I was! Thank you! *hugs*

This Wonder Woman is tired. My head is tired of having to keep track of everything. Maybe it is the end of year mood that is taking over. Everyone talking about holidays around us. I haven't even been doing that much, can only blame a little bit of the tiredness on the heat. The rest is just blah... I realised this morning that I'm struggling every morning when I have to get up, except those mornings when I've gone to bed before or around 21h00. Seven hours of sleep at night is becoming too little.

There was a cool breeze on the stoep, so I did bible study there. Couldn't muster enough energy to even stretch. I just plonked down in a chair, read some, looked out some, marveled at the beautiful purple crested lourie (turaco) that now regularly feasts on fruit/berries in our garden, and enjoyed the peace and quiet. We started on school work again today. I looked through everything that still needed to be done before middle December (schools officially close 6 Dec.) yesterday, and worked out a new schedule. We actually don't have that much left, but I would preferably like to finish this year's work. Some of it, like some of the science things are actually just reading through the official work pages so to speak, because we've discussed the various topics (plants, animals, sun, moon, planets) so many times. This will cover those little points that might have been missed. The big things have been covered. So now I can tick it off.

I would love to start with new books, new stuff, in the new year. Not have to carry something over. I'm one of those funny people who like covering new notebooks with pictures/covers that go with the subject, get new stationery, look through the books...

Also managed to print my mom a lot of "stress release colouring pages" from the internet. Some with bible verses, some just with a basic picture where she has to finish with her own ideas. She seems to be enjoying them. Now we'll finally get through these colouring pencils that have lasted us 3 years!

Also cut out 4 sets of felt buttons for the concert. One set for Rocco and three more sets for other families. Worked Rocco's buttons on to his t-shirt last night. I still need to make 4 pairs of mittens that another little boy has to pull over his hands, one over the other. So nothing fancy, just to help with "props/imagination".

The ice cream van came around again yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. The ice cream was melting and literally running over our hands as we walked the 20m back to the house. It was a sticky mess, but an enjoyable sticky mess.

Oh Gosh! Wednesday last week seems to be my last challenge update.

UP, UP & AWAY!

Week 4

Water - 30/35 points to pass: Up to Sunday - Enough water, with extra tea some days. 30.5 points (Yeah! Made it!)

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: Up to Sunday - Nope, been struggling to get up in time, even though going to bed on time. When I did get up, it was to sit on the stoep and enjoy the peace and quiet. 11 points (Not going to make this one)

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass: Up to Sunday - A lot of reading to the boys at night, which helped me to relax and go to bed earlier at times. - 20 points

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass: Up to Sunday - Nothing, various reasons: makeover, raining, out running errands... - 11 points

• Like 6

Enjoy the summer.  Mental health is important too.  I am finding that 7 hours is not enough either.  But I just can't make myself go to be before 8 pm.  lol

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

That bird is lovely. I think meditating on God's creation is an excellent way to spend the morning. You are recalibrating your energy in a dynamic situation. The amount of energy to care for your family and maintain boundaries with your mother is going up. Makes sense that you need more rest. I think prioritizing that is very wise. *huuuuuuugs*

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

17 hours ago, GregT. said:

Enjoy the summer.  Mental health is important too.  I am finding that 7 hours is not enough either.  But I just can't make myself go to be before 8 pm.  lol

We had a huge summer thunderstorm last night to cool things right off. Was SO needed. LOL, I can't see myself going to bed before 8pm either, except on the rare occasion.

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

That bird is lovely. I think meditating on God's creation is an excellent way to spend the morning. You are recalibrating your energy in a dynamic situation. The amount of energy to care for your family and maintain boundaries with your mother is going up. Makes sense that you need more rest. I think prioritizing that is very wise. *huuuuuuugs*

I realised this morning that I was looking forward to my quiet time on the stoep with my coffee and bible study. It was the first thing I was thinking of when I woke up.

Another thing that is nice, is that the boys are also starting to recognise the birds after a couple of lessons we did, and Adam in particular listens to their calls. We know a couple regulars visiting our garden now. So when we hear the "Piet-my-vrou" (a cuckoo type), we almost simultaneously say "there's rain coming!" The quiet mornings are doing wonders for me. You are right w.r.t. my energy use with the family and the situation. I didn't take that into account. I'm taking omega 3 as well as the adrenal fatigue supplement again.

Had another tiring day. This has been building up over the last couple of days, with little comments here and there from my mom (only when Brandt isn't around) which I've ignored.

Spoiler

My mom yesterday "suddenly realised" that her dr. appointment is this Friday morning, and she fully expected me and the boys to sit outside in the car and wait for her again. I was polite but very adamant when I told her that is not going to happen this time. She knows the place and people now, and we need to get school work done at home. [We don't have school work that we can sit and read in the car. Over and above the fact that it is 25C+ early in the mornings, there is no way you can sit in a car at those temps for hours!] She started protesting about it, I gave her a look, and she stopped. Yesterday afternoon she started worrying about having her eyes tested. It has been just over one year for her one pair of glasses, and almost two years since the other pair, so "she has to have her eyes tested!" I gave her the clinic's number, a telephone directory and told her to use the landline to phone the hospitals and clinics to find out what, where and when, if she wants it done. She actually did it, but wasn't happy with the results. Some of the clinics were closed (they are only open till about 12h00-13h00), others are closing down, and the hospitals for government patients said they were fully booked till end of January next year at least.

This morning she suggested the boys can't go to Playball today because it is too hot, and they should rather stay with her at home. She'll graciously skip bible study, even though she said to this one lady... I interrupted her saying "no, they are going to Playball", and walked away.

She's also complaining every day about Adam and I staying behind at the end of the month, saying we should pay for a house sitter, even though I told her I need to drive Adam to that course/film days and secondly, with the new expenses on the car, we can't afford R1500 for a house/pet sitter at the moment. I told her straight that weekend is my weekend this year. She will go up with Brandt and Rocco. Mil specifically said she is welcome and asked her to come with.

She seems to still be enjoying the colouring, when she doesn't complain about the pencil points breaking. *sigh* I need a chocolate or HUGE coffee.

I've been trying new recipes from an old recipe book of mine, and everybody seems to enjoy it. I've been adding a bit more carbs like basmati rice, gluten free pasta, grilled potatoes or sweet potatoes. I've also not had any allergic reaction to canned tuna or hake of the other night, so something is improving in that area as well. I haven't weighed myself the last two weeks, but my clothes are still sitting fine. The coffee machine is working great on the programme. When I remember to, I set it at night. It didn't even wake me up this morning when it started grinding the beans. I woke up from the smell of freshly brewed coffee!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I woke up from the smell of freshly brewed coffee!

A heavenly smell.

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's really sad how disordered the thinking is for pwBPD. She really isn't going to be happy no matter what, and the best you can hope for is to set good boundaries for yourself to protect yourself as much as possible.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's really sad how disordered the thinking is for pwBPD. She really isn't going to be happy no matter what, and the best you can hope for is to set good boundaries for yourself to protect yourself as much as possible.

She calmed down about the glasses after speaking to Francoisana this afternoon. Francoisana is taking her son to an eye clinic next week sometime. She said my mom can come with. Don't know what was said between the two, but suddenly my mom acknowledged that the boys and I can't sit around in a hot car and wait while she sat inside the building waiting to hear if they can help her. Thank you for little mercies. I owe Francoisana BIG!

I am beginning to feel like she wants to use the kids to get her way. This was now the third time that she suggested the boys stay away from sport (for no good reason) and stay with her at home, when she dislikes being home, and always want to go out. I'm not having that. Boundaries will be to protect myself and the kids. They will not be made to feel they are responsible for her happiness. They have no responsibility towards her. Full stop.

Otherwise it was a good day :P HOT! It's summer for sure. 32C @ 10h30 this morning when we started walking around the Playball field. I got a bit of a tan on the back of my neck and shoulders. Shame poor Rocco got a (red tennis-) ball in the nether regions at cricket today. Couldn't help or give any advice except, walk it out, son. Walk it out. At least no one laughed, and he got a lot of sympathy, and I bought him a chocolate milkshake afterwards.

I was a bit miffed at dancing this afternoon. This is the second time in a row that almost no one showed for the lessons, and thus the teacher couldn't give dancing lessons. What irritated me was that the other parents (except for one lady) didn't even have the decency to contact the dancing teacher to let her know that their kids won't be coming. There are only two weeks/ two lessons left, but I doubt anything will change. They are not a big class, and she doesn't want to give lessons for just one boy, expecting the others to just be late, then have to restart. Frustrating!

UP, UP & AWAY!

Week 4

Water - 30/35 points to pass: Monday - Enough water, extra tea. 32 points (Yeah! Made it!)

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: Monday - Up at 5h30. No stretching but definitely bible study. Not counting these days, so this is a bust. 11 points (Not going to make this one)

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass: Monday - Went to bed on time for 8th night in a row! - 21 points (Not going to make it, but fighting the good fight)

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass: Monday - Self Defense done! The boys and I enjoyed it a lot. Told them you give it your best shot the first time. Hit or kick to take the person out. You get only one surprise shot, make the best of it. My hands were burning and sore afterwards, as they were aiming their knee kicks, and elbow backwards, at my palms. - 12 points

• Like 4

You are great at setting boundaries for your mom, and keeping them. 

Hopefully, the sleep routine wil help you soon feel a bit more caught up soon.

Why can't the dance teacher have classes for just your son ? Doesn't seem like you and your son should have to pay the consequences of no- shows. That's annoying that parents don't tell the teacher, but if you paid, and you are there, I think she should have lessons for your son.

I loved new notebooks and picking out curriculum was one of my favorite things about homeshooling

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

7 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Shame poor Rocco got a (red tennis-) ball in the nether regions at cricket today.

Yikes!  Poor Rocco!  That is always terrible, but at least he didn't get shamed about it

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You are great at setting boundaries for your mom, and keeping them. 

Hopefully, the sleep routine wil help you soon feel a bit more caught up soon.

Why can't the dance teacher have classes for just your son ? Doesn't seem like you and your son should have to pay the consequences of no- shows. That's annoying that parents don't tell the teacher, but if you paid, and you are there, I think she should have lessons for your son.

I loved new notebooks and picking out curriculum was one of my favorite things about homeshooling

I am feeling a whole lot more refreshed in the mornings, thank you. Looks like sleep or less activity in the morning really is helping.

By the time the teacher realises that the other kids aren't coming, there are only 15min. left of the lesson - 30 min. lessons. Truth be told, I think she is tired and not wanting to teach either. Rocco did a couple of handstands yesterday, and he has really improved since he started. I'm miffed, because we've paid in advance for these lessons. I think next week I'll just ask her to start with Rocco anyway, and if the other kids come late, then they just fall in. I'll have to be the "obnoxious" parent who directs the class over the head of the teacher, which I hate doing.

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yikes!  Poor Rocco!  That is always terrible, but at least he didn't get shamed about it

Yes, everyone supported him. It was nice to see how the whole group has come together over the last two years of practicing together. This is Rocco's last year as part of Playball.

Just want to quickly get this in. Today is going to be busy here at home.

UP, UP & AWAY!

Week 4

Water - 30/35 points to pass: Tuesday - Enough water, extra tea. 32 points (Yeah! Made it!) Sorry included yesterday's points with Monday's last night.

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: Tuesday - Up at 5h30. No stretching but definitely bible study. Feeling a lot better than last week. 11 points (Not going to make this one)

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass: Tuesday - Went to bed late ... got hooked on HS info (my weak point) AND huge thunderstorm which had Snippie and Missy all stressed out and cowering. Lay in bed for nearly an hour, resting, while keeping them calm. Eventually sang the boys' bedtime songs to them, which seemed to help (don't laugh!) - 21 points (Not going to make it)

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass: Tuesday - Walked, not a lot, it was too hot, but I walked at a fast pace. - 13 points

• Like 5

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

You are such a good momma. Why would we laugh? Fur babies need comfort too. Get more sleeeeeeep today, ok?

:):love_heart: The songs definitely helped to calm Snippie and Missy down, so I might do that again next time. Even Brandt said it put him right to sleep. Might have been to preserve his sanity, but hey! it worked.

No sleep during the day, although I was a bit restless as it was raining through the night, and right through the day. So no gardening. I think there were two or three 5 min. spots where it stopped raining. When I had to go out to fetch the pets' mince at the gate, and when Rocco's parcel was delivered, were NOT one of the times when it stopped raining. Our water tanks are overflowing, and Brandt was miffed at me for closing the wrong tap on the water pipe system. I accidentally put us on municipal water, instead of closing the one tank to stop its water from filling the other tank. I got confused between the many taps, but in hind sight... yeah... should have known better.

Brandt's one client is back from holiday, so they started working again today, which puts Brandt in a better mood, and less stress. He has also decided that he'll only go up for 4 days to Sabie at the end of the month, instead of 6 days. But from my perspective that is better than nothing, and he really needs the break.

My mom is going out with the church's elderly group, Jongegezellen, tomorrow for brunch. I'm to drop her off at church at 9h30, and she'll w.app me to collect her again, somewhere around 14h00! And Friday morning she is going to the hospital clinic for her medicine/doctor check so she'll be out from 8h00 till ... +-12h00, when I have to fetch her again.

School went ssssllllooooooowwwww this morning, because the boys are bored with big subtraction sums in the 1000s. Rocco was very proud that he had calculated all in his head the amount of money he had saved, how much his new Halo Mega Bloks figures cost, and deducted it from what he had saved, to work out how much he has left. Not a difficult sum (R115-R99=R16), but he seriously did it all in his head, which impressed me a lot. We had ordered it Sunday evening, and it was delivered this afternoon. I'm trying to finish the math before they leave, then want to use the money for selling that book and dvd set second hand to buy them the next two, three books in the How to train your dragon book series. If we're lucky, Adam and I can buy those books that weekend.

• Like 4

Friday afternoon. I'm TIRED after a late night last night. About three days' ongoing rain stopped this morning. Wasn't warm, but sky was open.

My mom is on one new pill. We'll see how it turns out. I don't know anything about meds, but the little bit that I've read up on meds for people with BPD, says that the current cocktail she is receiving, seems to be spot on. She has been ok yesterday and today. I planned to buy her a comfortable pair of shoes, as hers is worn, and thought to take her to the hair salon for a haircut, as her birthday presents from us. I only told her about the shoes, because she will have to fit them on. She said today that she would like me to make an appointment for her at the hair salon, so I thought, ok, if she goes for that herself, then I'll take her and the boys back to Nino's for cake and coffee/milkshakes. We can do it on another afternoon, even if it isn't her exact birthday. Her birthday is on the Tuesday that the bible study is having their cake and tea to close off for the year. I thought to get her some other small inexpensive gifts "from the boys" like a new set of colouring/drawing pencils, some nice flowery notepads/drawing book, or something in that line.

I'm going to finish the challenge today/tonight. Thanks again for all the support. I really don't know how I can make it without you guys :love_heart:

UP, UP & AWAY!

Week 4

Water - 30/35 points to pass: up to Friday - Enough water, extra tea. 35 points - Yeah! Made it! :)

UP Routine - 22/25 points to pass: up to Friday - Up at 5h30. No stretching but definitely bible study. 11 points - Nope :(

SLEEP Routine - 30/35 points to pass: Up to Friday - Thursday late to bed because I made "cat mittens" for the concert. Can only work on the machine after my mom has gone up to her room due to space and noise. I will be in bed early tonight. - 23 points - Nope, but had a great run :(

Exercise/Activities - 15-20/25 points to pass: Up to Friday - No, had concert practice for Rocco. Came home and immediately started with dinner prep, and feeding all the animals - 13 points - Nope :( 

I definitely failed this challenge. At this point I don't know how I feel about another challenge, to be honest. I don't know when the next one starts, but I'll see after my 4-day weekend off at the end of November. :loyal:

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

By the time the teacher realises that the other kids aren't coming, there are only 15min. left of the lesson - 30 min. lessons. Truth be told, I think she is tired and not wanting to teach either. Rocco did a couple of handstands yesterday, and he has really improved since he started. I'm miffed, because we've paid in advance for these lessons. I think next week I'll just ask her to start with Rocco anyway, and if the other kids come late, then they just fall in. I'll have to be the "obnoxious" parent who directs the class over the head of the teacher, which I hate doing.

That situation would miff me too.  

On your challenge, the way I see it,

Water= A

Up routine= B you almost managed to get your goal, plus you did your Bible even if stretching didn't always happen

Sleep= B almost got the points you were shooting for, and you have definitely made great strides in getting more sleep, especially with the things you control

Exercise=you wanted 15-20 points and got 13 , let's call it a B-

I think when you set it up as pass/ fail then you don't notice how much you have done. Especially right now with all your stressors, I think you need to be kind to yourself. If you do a challenge, make it more obtainable, and give yourself the possibility to succeed even if you don't quite hit all your goals. I think you are doing great, and managing to get a bunch done.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

EG is right! Getting less than 100% is not a fail! Doing nothing at all towards your goals, maybe, but obviously that is not the case here!

I know you're used to bring wonder woman :) but the fact that you worked on all these things is a major WIN!

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Listen to Tank!(TM) (and the others as well)

Good job rocking the challenge, especially given how...  challenging it was :)

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

You did a great job on the challenge as other have said.  Being 100% is fantastic, but remember that journey is the experience not the goal.

Buddha-Quotes-on-Happiness.jpg

• Like 2

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

Thank you, All. You nearly had me in tears because I was really feeling like a failure. Feeling like I'm not actually getting anything done. So I gave myself a hard shook and talk and tried to look objectively at what and how I managed the challenge. And I'm positive again. Getting up and pushing on again.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:36 PM, Elastigirl said:

That situation would miff me too.  

On your challenge, the way I see it,

Water= A

Up routine= B you almost managed to get your goal, plus you did your Bible even if stretching didn't always happen

Sleep= B almost got the points you were shooting for, and you have definitely made great strides in getting more sleep, especially with the things you control

Exercise=you wanted 15-20 points and got 13 , let's call it a B-

I think when you set it up as pass/ fail then you don't notice how much you have done. Especially right now with all your stressors, I think you need to be kind to yourself. If you do a challenge, make it more obtainable, and give yourself the possibility to succeed even if you don't quite hit all your goals. I think you are doing great, and managing to get a bunch done.

You're right, I am being too hard on myself. I was getting up early and did my bible study every morning, just not always the stretches/exercises. But I found peace, which is what the morning routine is for. A clear head to start the day with.

I had only three late nights the last two weeks of the challenge, which is a total turn around as I normally only have two-three good nights of sleep a week. The last two nights were also solid in that I didn't even get up for dogs or kids, so I slept through.

Exercise: Of all the times that I chose not to train, only one or two instances were because I was too tired. The other instances were either rain (no gardening), or I had other things on my plate (coming home late -> cooking dinner, boys' extra-murals, taking dog to vet, etc.) which had to take priority. I can uhhmmm and ahh about those, but it is as it is. In all I was more active (exercise wise) this challenge, than the last two challenges combined!

On 11/17/2017 at 6:42 PM, Fonzico said:

EG is right! Getting less than 100% is not a fail! Doing nothing at all towards your goals, maybe, but obviously that is not the case here!

I know you're used to bring wonder woman :) but the fact that you worked on all these things is a major WIN!

Thank you, you guys gave me some perspective, and you are right: I didn't do nothing, I actually accomplished more this challenge than the previous one-two challenges.

Lol, I have to share. The boys and I were looking at Justice League trailer (again!) and Adam asked whether I would prefer to be Super Girl or Wonder Woman. Rocco chimed in and said when I had light hair I was Super Girl, now with my dark hair I am Wonder Woman! :D There goes my Princess status that won me the makeover.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Chiming in with others. YOU DID NOT FAIL. Given your extra circumstance, I'd say you won big time.

Thanks Tank. I'm pulling it together, getting my perspective in line and pushing forward.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:53 AM, maegs said:

Listen to them ^^ You didn't fail! And I think you should get bonus marks for being so successful along with everything else that you're dealing with atm! :D 

Thanks Maegs!

On 11/18/2017 at 5:32 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Listen to Tank!(TM) (and the others as well)

Good job rocking the challenge, especially given how...  challenging it was :)

Lol, see what you've done there ;) Thanks for the support.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:24 AM, GregT. said:

You did a great job on the challenge as other have said.  Being 100% is fantastic, but remember that journey is the experience not the goal.

Buddha-Quotes-on-Happiness.jpg

You're right. It is the journey, and there will not be an end. I actually did a lot better than the points show. I have improved a lot during this challenge, which I didn't take into account at first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday was up - busy - out - in - out - in, the whole morning from before 5h00 till somewhere around 14h00. Then I decided to heck with the rest of the day, I'm taking it off.

Farmer's Market - home - didn't have breakfast - bundled Adam into the car to take to his course in the next town. Adam had asked that he and I drive there and back alone, so I had to break this news to my mom. As usual, she wasn't happy. I promised to take her with me to town when I came back, which I did, and then realised that Brandt and I had agreed on what I would spend to buy her birthday presents (get it now then it is done instead of waiting till the end of the month), and now she was with me... So thought I'd buy her some colouring stuff and those books, etc. under the guise that it was for the boys' schooling. At least a little bit of a surprise gift. She helped me choose the colouring pencils, of which I bought two sets. She commented on how nice the quality and colours were and the boys would each enjoy their set. The boys normally share a set, they are boys, our last set lasted almost three years! I had to ask the sales lady in front of my mom for adult colouring books, as she wasn't leaving my side. I tried sending her this way and that to look for things in the shop, didn't work ... any way, so I had her look at the designs, packs, etc. and she said she liked a spiral bound hard page, adult (those stress release ones) colouring book the most. On to Pick n Pay where I got the rest of the groceries for the week and took her to their clothing/shoes department. It is good enough quality for everyday shoes. She had to fit them on anyway, to get the right size and fit over her arthritis toes. I gave a little bit of my newly-learned advice (shoes always the same as the darkest colour of your pants/dress/skirt, or a shade darker. Preferably never lighter), so she got a pair of black, and gold sandals each. She hates having something cover her heels. I'm the opposite. These look something like what she chose. The gold ones she chose is a little less shiny and no strap at the back. She has to wait till her birthday to get them. I also gave her a pair of Green-Cross leather dress shoes which was a gift to me, but they hurt me, so I've only worn them twice. They are basically brand new, are a little big, but sit nice over her toes. Those she took now. And yes... like a little girl who just got something new, she wants to wear them the whole time, even though they are too hot on our summer days. I'm just shrugging, let her enjoy it.

• m_581b717a7f0a05c52f01740f.jpgshopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPXtZAJQ9CZEvFPNJe1

Anyway, got home after the shopping, literally just unpacked the car, then were off to fetch Adam again. His field guide teacher waited to talk to me, saying that she was very impressed with what he accomplished. Even though his English reading isn't at the same level as the other kids' (he only started learning to read English this year, we were focusing on Afrikaans till now), he always listened attentively and has excellent comprehension, often explaining things to the other kids from what they read out loud. I was even more proud when she said he passed the test with flying colours (well over the 85% pass mark) and will receive his certificate along with the others. The group had a party to celebrate and Adam took an extra cupcake and marshmallow home for Rocco.

Got home again, immediately started lunch, and there after I just sat, and that was when I decided to take the rest of Saturday off.

Today is a beautiful sunny day, so I'm going to spend some time in the very neglected, starting to become way overgrown, garden. And you know what, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to that I'm not getting everything done in the garden that needs to be done.

• Like 8

How Domestic Cats Came to Rule the World

Did you know?

October 29 was National Cat Day.

International Cat Day is August 8, a day to celebrate the joys of owning—or being owned by—a cat.1

World Cat Day is February 17 throughout Europe and celebrated on March 1 in Russia.

Black Cat Appreciation Day is August 17 and

Black Cat Awareness month is October.

And for completeness sake, National Feral Cat day falls on October 16.

I received this topic via email and of course it peaked my interests. So I thought why not a cat-themed challenge. I'm not going to score myself for a win or loose, I'm just going to try and equal, but preferably beat my last challenge's results. I realised that if I skipped this challenge, chances are very good that I won't be able to get back up and go on. So I'm here. Touch wood, but I'm not seeming to struggle with food or snacks at the moment, but definitely with exercises and routines. My energy is low, physically and mentally, but if I don't get back into routine, especially to train, then I can't get my energy levels up and my stress levels down.

Stampy Cat, the night he sneaked into our house. He was +-4months old.                        Stampy Cat, almost 2yrs old and yes, he (almost) rules the roost.                          

13501600_10154358300152079_2195201257391                          23376229_10156106172767079_1379780219114

--------------------------------------------------- 00 ---------------------------------------------------

MORNING ROUTINE:

Spoiler

• Up at 5h00/5h05 - 11 points/days to equal
  • Bible Study - 20 points/days to equal
  • Morning exercises: either routine 1 or 2 - 11 points/days to equal
    • Morning Ex1:
    • Joint Circles (warm up)
    • Bridge Stretch 10x
    • Dive-Bomb Push ups (knees) 10x
    • Abs-Roll Out 10x
    • Sit-Twist Stretch 1x each side
    • Lying-Hip Stretch 1x each side
    •  OR
    • Morning Ex2:
    • Side/Front Flies 10x @2.5kg
    • Squats + Overhead Press 10x @2.5kg
    • Hip Adduction 10x
    • Dips 10x
    • Sit-Twist Stretch 1x each side
    • Lying-Hip Stretch 1x each side

EXERCISES:

Playball is finishing end of November. I was used to walking around the field while Rocco played. Now I'm going to have to make the effort to get up, go out and walk. Main focus is on Self Defense, Walking on a Tuesday OR Thursday, Strength training. So at least 3x a week. In between I have to get to gardening, which are sometimes a low impact exercise, and at other times a lot of strength training.

Spoiler

• Mondays: Self Defense - 3x/days to equal
    • Jumping Jacks 30x
    • Aikido Steps (5x each move)
    • Block Up 10x each side
    • Block to Side 10x each side
    • Palm to Nose 20x each arm
    • Knee Strike 20x each leg
    • Elbow Back 20x each arm
    • Straight Punch 20x each arm
  • Tuesdays: Walk - 4x/days to equal
  • Wednesdays: Gardening (if weather permits)
  • Thursdays: Walk - NEW
  • Fridays: Strength - 1x/days to equal
    • Jump Rope 30x
    • Rev. Pull Ups 3x5
    • Deadlifts 3x5 @ 20kg (+6.5kg bar = 26.5kg Total)
    • Deadlifts 3x5 @ 25kg (+6.5kg bar = 31.5kg Total)
    • Deadlifts 3x5 @ 29.5kg (+6.5kg bar = 36kg Total)
    • Knee Push Ups 3x10 (because I like push ups and this at the end will just about kill me)
  • Saturdays/Sundays: Gardening (if weather permits)

WATER:

1/2 point for each 500ml bottle of water/juice/milk (no caffeine or alcohol) or mug of tea (hebal/rooibos). I almost never have juice, milk, milkshake, cooldrink, alcohol, etc. Main drinks are water, coffee, rooibos. So if I do have something else, which does not contain alcohol or caffeine, then it will count. 35 points to equal.

READING:

I am lagging behind on the two books that I'm reading. Dropped away totally sometime during the last challenge. I would like to read at least two chapters of each a week, but I should preferably get a move on now. I'm not doing myself any favours by not finishing this. NEW (sort of)

• Devotional: Spiritual Warfare
  • Self Survival: Stop Walking on Eggshells

SLEEP:

I did really well by end of last challenge. In bed on time for more nights than those I went to bed late. I don't want to loose the momentum, but I realised due to my stress levels, I need more sleep.

• If in bed by 21h45, and lights out by 22h00 then 1 point/day; 23 points/days to equal
  • If in bed and lights out before 21h45 then +1

As an extra boost or incentive...

wonder-woman-paul-bulman.jpg

All cat images welcome... :love_heart:

Thunder rolling in, so going to switch off the modem now...

• Like 5