• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Rooks said:

Other problem is that I have to haul the weight outta the basement to do them. Damn 8 foot ceilings aren't high enough.

 

That's a pain in the ass for sure. Call lugging the weights and bar up a flight of stairs a warm-up? #reallifelifting

 

On 7/30/2017 at 8:54 AM, Rooks said:

It's just good to move weights again even if they are more than 100 lbs below my PRs for Squat and Dead. That said, I could tell I had more in the tank in both lifts, just didn't want to push the back too much. I do not want to mess that up again. Tired of constantly rehabbing that.

 

With you working loaded movements again, any chance we'll see you around the warriors this next cycle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video montage, because Rooks did one:

 

 

1 hour ago, Rooks said:

 

Haha... I was waiting for someone to comment on that! :) I've practiced them so little, everything feels so awkward. I should start hitting them more frequently, as they are super fun to do. 

 

Other problem is that I have to haul the weight outta the basement to do them. Damn 8 foot ceilings aren't high enough.

 

I've tried the minimal foot movement approach before, pulling where I squat. (I saw some strong people do it, and I figured it would take less brainpower to learn.) I've obviously reverted back to two foot positions. The Weightlifting coach at my old gym said that some people with limited hip mobility sometimes pull wide on the Snatch and that I don't need to. Coach Ma from Ma Strength said that just standing with the feet hip-width automatically gives you a few cm of bar height when you stand straight. Mostly I've been working power variations with the footwork and feel like I can "jump" better with the narrow foot position.

 

Hey, the moving can be your warmup. Haha. I was wondering why you had two locations. I thought you wanted to throw the weights down on the grass. I was contemplating lifting outside as well; I'm glad I didn't, as it started to rain hard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laghail said:

That's a pain in the ass for sure. Call lugging the weights and bar up a flight of stairs a warm-up? #reallifelifting

2 hours ago, Machete said:

Hey, the moving can be your warmup. Haha. I was wondering why you had two locations. I thought you wanted to throw the weights down on the grass. I was contemplating lifting outside as well; I'm glad I didn't, as it started to rain hard.

 

It totally was for this challenge. That and vacuuming out my car. In the 90 degree heat, I had a solid sweat going. :) Did a few practice snatches and I felt ready to roll.  I had thought about doing everything outside, then quickly realized Squats and Bench would be a little troublesome without the rack. :P 

 

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

With you working loaded movements again, any chance we'll see you around the warriors this next cycle?

 

Not likely at the moment. If you mean just working out with weights more frequently, maybe, but I've got a 10k that I'm trying to up the endurance for in October. Plus I'm still trying to get some more flexibility into my game, so GB Stretch routines will still be in there. 

If you mean, actually do a Challenge, probably not. I've failed so hard at keeping those together in the last 2 times I've tried that I think I've just abandoned hope. I even shut down the battle log. For now, I'll just keep plugging away and trying to feel better.

 

2 hours ago, Machete said:

I've tried the minimal foot movement approach before, pulling where I squat. (I saw some strong people do it, and I figured it would take less brainpower to learn.) I've obviously reverted back to two foot positions. The Weightlifting coach at my old gym said that some people with limited hip mobility sometimes pull wide on the Snatch and that I don't need to. Coach Ma from Ma Strength said that just standing with the feet hip-width automatically gives you a few cm of bar height when you stand straight. Mostly I've been working power variations with the footwork and feel like I can "jump" better with the narrow foot position.

 

Good information. Appreciate the share. Honestly, I think I just need to work technique something fierce and maybe even get a coach. Even if just for a month or two. Just to get some ideas on improvement for the Oly lifts. I still feel that if I'm going to learn them, I'm going to stick with my hope and do squat jerks over split jerks. Because damn they are sexy and I'll never be competitive in them so why the hell not. But yeah... I'm so fricking slow and "brutish" with them right now. You look like you could manage 3 or 4 snatches in the time I do 1. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hit a 300lb jerk from the rack and then narrowly pulled off a 295 clean today.

 

Where were these two weeks ago?  Haha!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Competed at the USAPL SE Regionals today

 

Squat 185kg, 205kg, 217.5 kg (PR and Florida record)\

Bench 150kg, 170kg, 177.5 kg (fail)

Deadlift 185kg, 200kg, 217.5kg (fail)

 

Took 3rd out of 5 in the 120KG mens Open.  The 2 guys ahead of me were in their 20's, one of them won "Best Lifter".

 

Pretty pleased overall.  Both of the failed lifts would have been PR's.  Data entered.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wildross said:

Competed at the USAPL SE Regionals today

 

Squat 185kg, 205kg, 217.5 kg (PR and Florida record)\

Bench 150kg, 170kg, 177.5 kg (fail)

Deadlift 185kg, 200kg, 217.5kg (fail)

 

Took 3rd out of 5 in the 120KG mens Open.  The 2 guys ahead of me were in their 20's, one of them won "Best Lifter".

 

Pretty pleased overall.  Both of the failed lifts would have been PR's.  Data entered.

 

Forever envious of your bench...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Juni0r83 said:

 

Forever envious of your bench...

Sometimes when I super set, I realize I'm benching more than I'm deadlifting for reps....I keep trying to fix that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wildross said:

Sometimes when I super set, I realize I'm benching more than I'm deadlifting for reps....I keep trying to fix that.

 

Definitely not a problem we share...

 

congrats though, looks like you had a pretty boss meet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Saturday Push-Pull weighed in at 81.7kg.

Bench: 125kg, 130kg failed twice

Deadlift: 205kg, 220kg, 230kg

After comp squat attempts:

Squat: 152.5kg, 165kg failed twice

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Gonna go wrap this up . Sorry for my absence, new job and trying to move. 3 hours a day in the car sucks. Hopefully I'm back?

 

No worries Gains. I just got a new gig where I commute much less and I still haven't found time to get these entries up on the leaderboard. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there are a bunch of people listed that have no entries. I'll message those people to make sure that's not in error but in the mean time, here are your new champions. Titles will be updated shortly.

 

The New Champions are:

 

NF Powerlifting Champions:

  • NF Women's Power Lifting Champion- Parsnip [246.45]
  • NF Women's Squat Champion- Parsnip [87.84]
  • NF Women's Bench Press Champion- Parsnip [56.12]
  • NF Women's Deadlift Champion- Parsnip [102.48] 
  • NF Men's Power Lifting Champion- Juni0r83 [350.52] (defended with 6 point increase)
  • NF Men's Squat Champion- Juni0r83 [134.06] (defended with 3 point increase)
  • NF Men's Bench Press Champion-  Wildross [98.53]
  • NF Men's Deadlift Champion- Laghail [133.44]

 

NF Weightlifting Champions:

  • NF Women's Weightlifting Champion- Vacant
  • NF Women's Snatch Champion- Vacant
  • NF Women's Clean & Jerk Champion- Vacant
  • NF Men's Weightlifting Champion-  Rurik Harrgath [266.40] (defended with 4 point increase) 
  • NF Men's Snatch Champion- Rurik Harrgath [116.37] (defended with 4 point increase)
  • NF Men's Clean & Jerk Champion-  Rurik Harrgath  [150.02] (defended with same weight)

Congrats to all the new champs, and those who defended.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now