• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

 

It was manageable with the first. Not so much with the second. Also depends on how much you're getting up at night. I do half of the wake ups. Averaging around 5-6 hours a night myself. 7 is my absolute minimum for lifting.

 

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Gainsdalf just managed to describe my entire life situation in those same posts.

 

Second kid, long commute, limited sleep, resulting poor volume recovery. I'd like to play more video games again but I only get to choose one personal activity for a short time and that's been lifting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2017 at 4:48 PM, Br0din said:

 

It also works in the reverse.  Damn...  I've only made 5lbs gains is 5 years...

^this

On 7/13/2017 at 4:49 PM, Juni0r83 said:

 

Or in my case, an opportunity to remind myself of just how fat I've gotten...

^This too

 

Or in my case actually... fuck an injury my lifts have gotten less.

 

On 7/13/2017 at 5:44 PM, Orion Antares said:

 

Grr. My mock meet testing is today and my actual competition meet is August 5th.

We generally accept actual meet results +/- 2 weeks of the dates so you should be good!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna give this a go tomorrow! @Juni0r83 convinced me :P

 

Not expecting anything flash, but it will be fun to see what I can do anyway.

 

I just wanted to check - I'm allowed to have help racking/unracking the bar on the BP, yeah? I usually do that myself, but with the bar sitting on the lower (safety?) catches, not the main ones. (Can't reach, I'm short...) So should I put the bar on the higher ones and then get my spotter to help get it off and on?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Gonna give this a go tomorrow! @Juni0r83 convinced me :P

 

Not expecting anything flash, but it will be fun to see what I can do anyway.

 

I just wanted to check - I'm allowed to have help racking/unracking the bar on the BP, yeah? I usually do that myself, but with the bar sitting on the lower (safety?) catches, not the main ones. (Can't reach, I'm short...) So should I put the bar on the higher ones and then get my spotter to help get it off and on?

Def get a spotter to give you a lift off, that's standard at any comp. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Gonna give this a go tomorrow! @Juni0r83 convinced me

 

Not expecting anything flash, but it will be fun to see what I can do anyway.

 

I just wanted to check - I'm allowed to have help racking/unracking the bar on the BP, yeah? I usually do that myself, but with the bar sitting on the lower (safety?) catches, not the main ones. (Can't reach, I'm short...) So should I put the bar on the higher ones and then get my spotter to help get it off and on?

 

You can have both. At a comp you get to choose your own rack height, and you get a lift off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran through my Weightlifting totals at Open Gym today.

 

Bodyweight: 94kg.

Snatch:  93kg.  102kg.  106.5kg for an attempted PR.  Matched current 1RM of 102kg.

Clean & Jerk:  120.2kg.  127kg.  131.5kg for a 5# PR.

 

That's good for a 515# Weightlifting Total.  Made for a good day of lifting even after more than a week out of the gym!

 

#roadto550 #gonnabeagrind

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoo! Just got back from the gym, it went quite well...

 

Squat 82.5   90   97.5x (was a bit ambitious with that last one :P)

Bench 52.5   57.5x   57.5 got it on the 2nd try!

Deadlift 92.5   100   105!!

 

Very happy with the deadlift, I tested it a few months ago, my best was 95kg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Whoo! Just got back from the gym, it went quite well...

 

Squat 82.5   90   97.5x (was a bit ambitious with that last one :P)

Bench 52.5   57.5x   57.5 got it on the 2nd try!

Deadlift 92.5   100   105!!

 

Very happy with the deadlift, I tested it a few months ago, my best was 95kg

Was awesome to watch! Glad you finally gave the virtual comp thing a go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have liked to participate in this one but I'm going to listen to my body and take some time to build it up instead; I am on a roll right now with my programming and making some good gains and I don't want to interrupt that.

 

Good job to those that have participated and good luck to those that have not yet. I will see you all in the next virtual meet. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have to try this just to see what I can do. I don't think I'll go anywhere near a 1RM in Deads since that how I screwed myself the last couple times, but I think I could still hit a 275 without too much trouble.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might make a run at the oly lifts tomorrow.

I attempted a "heavy" squat yesterday and was super fatigued at 45kg edit 55kg (I can't math), but I managed a 59kg front squat last week. Don't know if I was just fatigued from volume or if it was actually heavy, but I think it's probably best to not attempt powerlifts. Might do just bench (and it's been since February probably since I've done a barbell bench?)

 

4279902.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Begging the leader's and members indulgence...can I use my lifts from the Southeast Regional on 8/6?  Else I'll just do some really heavy warmups and call it good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wildross said:

Begging the leader's and members indulgence...can I use my lifts from the Southeast Regional on 8/6?  Else I'll just do some really heavy warmups and call it good.

 

As a competitor, I'm cool with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done this thing. Made all 9 of my attempts because I'm either awesome or an underachiever.

 

3rd squat (147.39kg / 325lbs) -- grindy, but a 10lb PR.

Spoiler

 

 

3rd bench (95.24kg / 210 lbs) -- I've done 225 TNG before; this was a "paused" PR. I put the sarcastic quotes because upon re-watching it I seem to have given myself a pretty quick press command.

Spoiler

 

 

3rd deadlift (197.27kg / 435 lbs) -- Not the quickest ever but not a horrible grind either. 20lb PR here. Deadlifts are my favorite. Bench can bugger off.

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flew through this today. Did all of this in roughly 75 minutes. Went 10/11 on lifts and skipped 4 attempts. Decided to get everything done at all once. Very happy with how this went. Went slightly heavier than I anticipated in every lift except Bench, which I felt sure I had 225 still, but alas. Overall, I moved some weights and I didn't get hurt. I'm calling it a win. Video editing will hopefully take place over the next day or two and I'll post it once it's done.

 

Snatch

  1. 95lbs - Success!
  2. 115lbs - Success!
  3. Skipped.

Clean & Jerk

  1. 135lbs - Success!
  2. 165lbs - Success! (Maybe... if someone wants to call a press out on me, I'm happy to let it go. I don't think I pressed it out, but I'll let others be the judge once the video is posted).
  3. Skipped.

Squat

  1. 255lbs - Success!
  2. 275lbs - Success!
  3. Skipped.

Bench

  1. 185lbs - Success!
  2. 205lbs - Success!
  3. 225lbs - Fail!

Deadlift

  1. 275lbs - Success!
  2. 315lbs - Success!
  3. Skipped.

 

EDIT: Video, as stated. Was able to get through the edits way quicker with iMovie than it used to take with Windows Movie Maker.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh, you almost had me @calanthrophy! I was a moron and did my attempts fasted; first DL attempt barely got it up, second and third were micro moves, barely clearing an inch.

Bench was also a struggle to just hit my current 1rm on the second attempt, but squat had me hit a 15 lb pr. 327.52 total wilks, up from 308.58 in February; I'll take it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rooks said:

Flew through this today. Did all of this in roughly 75 minutes. Went 10/11 on lifts and skipped 4 attempts. Decided to get everything done at all once. Very happy with how this went. Went slightly heavier than I anticipated in every lift except Bench, which I felt sure I had 225 still, but alas. Overall, I moved some weights and I didn't get hurt. I'm calling it a win. Video editing will hopefully take place over the next day or two and I'll post it once it's done.

 

Snatch

  1. 95lbs - Success!
  2. 115lbs - Success!
  3. Skipped.

Clean & Jerk

  1. 135lbs - Success!
  2. 165lbs - Success! (Maybe... if someone wants to call a press out on me, I'm happy to let it go. I don't think I pressed it out, but I'll let others be the judge once the video is posted).
  3. Skipped.

Squat

  1. 255lbs - Success!
  2. 275lbs - Success!
  3. Skipped.

Bench

  1. 185lbs - Success!
  2. 205lbs - Success!
  3. 225lbs - Fail!

Deadlift

  1. 275lbs - Success!
  2. 315lbs - Success!
  3. Skipped.

 

EDIT: Video, as stated. Was able to get through the edits way quicker with iMovie than it used to take with Windows Movie Maker.

 

 

 

This is some gangster stuff. Hail Lord of the Lifting Leaderboards.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Machete said:

This is some gangster stuff. Hail Lord of the Lifting Leaderboards.

 

Not sure I'd say "gangster", but I appreciate the comment. It's just good to move weights again even if they are more than 100 lbs below my PRs for Squat and Dead. That said, I could tell I had more in the tank in both lifts, just didn't want to push the back too much. I do not want to mess that up again. Tired of constantly rehabbing that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christ, this might not have been a good idea. I feel depleted. Haha

 

Machete checking-in, repping the Monks.

 

(Weights in pounds.)

BW 143

Snatch: 125, 135, 145

Clean & Jerk: 155, 165, 175

Squat: 205, 235, 265

Bench Press: 185, 210, 0

Deadlift: 285, 315, 350

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rooks said:

 

Not sure I'd say "gangster", but I appreciate the comment. It's just good to move weights again even if they are more than 100 lbs below my PRs for Squat and Dead. That said, I could tell I had more in the tank in both lifts, just didn't want to push the back too much. I do not want to mess that up again. Tired of constantly rehabbing that.

 

Yeah, I went "TO VALHALLA!" on the quick lifts and learned my lesson. Went conservative on the powerlifts. Still pretty happy with my numbers, though I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow. Haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 1:00 PM, Rooks said:

 

 

 

Dude!  Your snatch and clean look as bad as mine,  no leg movement at all, you just stood there and powered through it...  like I do.  Good job still getting them up, but if you get them legs moving under the bar...  you'll really get weight up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Br0din said:

Dude!  Your snatch and clean look as bad as mine,  no leg movement at all, you just stood there and powered through it...  like I do.  Good job still getting them up, but if you get them legs moving under the bar...  you'll really get weight up.

 

Haha... I was waiting for someone to comment on that! :) I've practiced them so little, everything feels so awkward. I should start hitting them more frequently, as they are super fun to do. 

 

Other problem is that I have to haul the weight outta the basement to do them. Damn 8 foot ceilings aren't high enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.