Beginner Bodyweight Workout?

Kage

I'm a sedentary, but relatively healthy 24 year old male. I'm transitioning from a office job to one where I'll be walking 5-10 miles a day. Ideally, I want to get into bodyweight exercises with an eye toward eventually doing gymnastics, as well as walking so much and generally taking up fun activities whenever I feel like it.

Is NerdFitness' beginner bodyweight workout sufficient to start taking me from sedentary to fairly active? I'd also like to walk 5 miles 3 times a week between now and when I have to do it every day (just over a month.)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 3 sets of the Beginner Bodyweight Workout

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday: Walk 5 miles, or 3 if my feet can't take that.

What do you guys think?

The BBWW is plenty to get started with strength training.  Don't expect to get through 3 full sets on your first try though, you'll probably need to work your way there.  The first time I tried it, my legs could barely support me after 2 sets. :friendly_wink:

That said, how much do you currently walk in a day?  5miles at a time is ~1.5hrs of walking, depending on your pace.  Since your primary goal is to get ready for your new job, I suggest starting with that, then adding in the BBWW after a couple weeks.  That way you have a better idea of how your body will handle the shift to regular workouts and the time commitment involved in this plan.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.