Forums are back in action! ×

Out of shape barbarian seeks to rejoin the fight

Hello there all.

My story is pretty short.

Back when I was in high school ( late 90s ) I started body building. I was at the gym for 4 hours a day,6 days a week. I was fairly strong and thought i looked and felt the way I wanted .

Then once I was in my second year of college i encountered a monster that I was vastly unprepared for. This monster goes by the name of ( Desk Job).  He sneaks into your life and slowly but surely breaks down everything you worked so hard to get. About 16 years later I am now double what I weighed and feel as strong as a 19 year old cat. 

I have decided to do something about this. I don't want to be the man i once was, but I want to be better than he. Part of the reason i was so successful during my first attempt was being surrounded by people that had the same goals . That is part of the reason i signed up for NF. I am hoping that with your help, I will be able to get back what I lost and make that even better.

I will be asking many questions since I have been out of this world for so long. The one thing that remains the same is the need for a support system.. I hope that once I am in a better place I can help others in the way that I was helped.  

Looking forward to knowing you all .

• Like 2

Welcome on board!  I'm guessing you're thinking of joining the Warriors then...? :D  You will find a lot of very knowledgeable people who are willing to offer lots of advice. They're a good bunch. 

As for support, check out the 4 Week Challenge.  We are in the middle of one right now but there will be another starting one week after this one finishes, although there is nothing stopping you from jumping in at any time.  The challenges are probably the best way get support/accountability, meet other members, and achieve success by whittling your goals down into manageable sized chunks. 

Have you had a chance to have a good look around the forum yet, do you have any questions?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously