Forums are back in action! ×

Male physique inspiration (photos)

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

I was thinking...because there are tons of different ideas to us guys about what we should or want to look like, I'd like to discuss and post photos of what types of builds we are striving for. Or our ideals. May e this is too superficial and if we all chime in and agree then we should lose it but I know for me because pro wrestling is so visual this is a big deal. And I'm constantly arguing for with myself if I need ti be in single body fat percentage or not. Do my ABS need to show that much really? Or will my physique if powerful enough just shoe anyway? So yeah. Ideas?? Inspiration? Goals?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2544[/ATTACH]pp

That's Davey Richards. He's sort of my idol in wrestling both in ring work and physique.

post-3263-13567243546413_thumb.jpg

Guest Snake McClain
The female version of this thread was just shut down... fyi.
I thought that was because of the racy nature of the pictures?

As I understood that thread was pictures of women being posted by guys (or a guy) as motivation for us to say "hey we aren't in shape and they are. Lets get to it."and it wasn't being posted by women. I think us posting or discussing dudes we admire is okay. Of not its cool ans we can take it down. I have no problem with that. But as "major" said I'm pretty sure it was because they were more than a little racy. They weren't just photos of Jamie easily. *swoon* but photos of really...well you saw them.

Guest Snake McClain
This may sound kind of lame and corny but when I think about what kind of shape I want to

be in the only pic that comes to mind is Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

It used to be this for me but I realized he was too thin on the arms for my taste. However if I have to pick a shredded thin type it's gotta be brad Pitt from snatch. He was cut but liked a bit more firm to me.

First is Georges St Pierre, not only a great physique but I love his professional attitude towards MMA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2549[/ATTACH]

And of course Bruce Lee, fantastic example of how you can be incredibly ripped without having to be huge

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2550[/ATTACH]

Agree with Brad Pitt in Snatch/Fight Club, he was ripped in both of those (and they two of my favourite films). Think I prefer him Snatch but that might just be because of the badass tattoos

post-2107-13567243547186_thumb.jpg

post-2107-13567243547554_thumb.jpg

Guest Snake McClain

Andy I think the only reason I wouldn't want to be built like that burly monster man bear is because a) I'd like to be fast and B) I want to have a girlfriend some day. Lol otherwise his strength is obvious and impressive. I'd be frightened to be on the same room with him.

Gsp is an amazing fighter. I don't think I quite want to be as shredded as some of these guys just want to lose some body fat and get bigger. I've been trying to eat proper and haven't quite nailed down what I'm doing strong in my diet but I think it could be the sugar from my chocolate almond milk. :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2551[/ATTACH]

post-3263-1356724354773_thumb.jpg

want to attain Goku mode.

S6Cda.jpg

but adult Gohan mode is probably more realistic for me.

ijPh6.png

as for real life:

Mark Sisson

aTUWP.jpg

Erwan Le Corre

E88R9.jpg

Ryan Kwanten

ZZ0w7.jpg

Christian Bale in American Psycho

nfLUq.jpg

and of course Brad Pitt in Fight Club.

All of these people inspired me to work out in different ways at different points in my life. I realize these are radically different body types, but if I ever even approached looking like one of them, doesn't matter which, I'd be very happy.

Valar Morghulis

Michael Phelps, but not as skinny and more muscular.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2557[/ATTACH]

ETA: No idea why all of the pictures I post show up so small.

post-2623-13567243549118_thumb.jpg

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

Gerard Butler in 300
Beat me to it, dammit.

I'm diggin this thread. It's good "get off your ass and do something" inspiration.

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown