Forums are back in action! ×

Going from the negative to the positive

Try spreading your legs a bit wider, a lot of one-armed push-ups is in the technique rather than pure strength, a wider base keeps you more stable and makes it easier to do. If it is a strength thing then I think the best thing to do is just keep going with what you're doing and throw in some regular push-ups to build your strength

It isn't pure technique though, the strength requirements for a one arm pushup are significant.

Visualize twisting your hand on the ground away from you, and push that way (but don't move it). It will force your arm to lock in to your sides tightly.

Put your hand on your hip and push down, you will have a natural tendency to roll your hips, you want to prevent that.

Feet wide, move them closer and closer as you get better at them.

Don't lollygag at the bottom. That is fine to do once you are better at them, but at first use the tension you have built to pop back up.

Once I could get down, getting back up wasn't a problem. It was that final 2" on the way down that got me, once I could get through that without collapsing, I had them. The hand twist thing was key for me for maintaining tension all the way down.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Put your hand on your hip and push down, you will have a natural tendency to roll your hips, you want to prevent that.

Not sure if this is what you mean or the same kind of idea but when I do them I always put my free hand so that the back of it is on the small of my back, I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that it helps keep your back contracted to help with the movement