Forums are back in action! ×

So, long story short, I like networking with those around me (physically) so a friend asked me to help her get a job. She does not live near me and I'm not sure how to expand my network to help her. I'm pretty much a LEO (LinkedIn Enterprise-something, basically I connect to thousands of people), and yet I still rarely communicate with people aside from sending birthday messages and saying "hello." I've tried communicating a few times, but it seems like I'm the only one on the site that uses messaging.

I would like some tips on how to begin some active communication with other people in areas that you wouldn't usually tie yourself to.

For example, I'm in the aerospace engineering industry in very southern Maryland and she is in financial management in Towson, Md.. I don't have jack to cross those industries and places. I can do one, but to fish for both is outside of my comfort zone and networking circle.

to clarify: You have an enterpise level account in linkedin, ie you have access to search functions to find folks in the correct area and industry. the prob is to get folks to actually engage/reply, correct?

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations