Forums are back in action! ×

I’m 2 years old today! In Which BigM finally posts an introduction

Read this again today, uh probably just because i may have spent too much time here last night and ran out of new threads to read, heh, but I gotta tell you your words are really moving, seriously your last line made me cry. I'm a sap like that. I didn't say it before 'cuz I realize I don't "know" you, and I can't really pinpoint what is so goosebump-tear-in-the-eye inspiring....

I think it comes down to the fact that whenever someone joins an online forum, it's pretty easy to identify the core members....across the NF boards your sense of humor shines, your compassion for and belief in your fellow NFers is obvious and true, and it's awesome that the heart of the community is made up of people as solid as you. This community matters, and you're a helluva big part of that.

So, thank you.

Aww, katscratch. Now yer gonna make me tear up. :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'm a day late, but welcome to the 2 year old club! May we all have a lot more milestones to share with our fellow rebels.

Thanks fellow old timer! So can we put rockers out on the porch and yell at the young'ns yet? :)

Caving, you say?? Have you ever been to Mammoth Cave? Because if not, you must go there! And appreciate how much room you'll have at "Fat Man's Misery". :)

Awesome story! Thanks for posting it.

Mammoth? Nope, but there was a cave in Mexico I went to that had two passages one titled "Birth Canal" and the other "Rebirth Canal". They were interesting :D

Awesome story!

Thanks sumdawg!

You're the man Bigm. Honestly. I salute you. I am going to put some gauntlets on my wall and say "Look at what Bigm's achieved and he had shitty times too".

I think you've just entered the Hall of Fame as Inspirational Hero!!

:) x

Haha! Gauntlet inspiration FTW.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

This is an inspiring story, BigM. It really helps newbies see that we all started at generally the same place: out of shape, unhealthy, or generally unsatisfied, and that through education, effort and support, you can get where you want to be.

Thanks, man.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde