Forums are back in action! ×

Another Personal Trainer Thread

I'm thinking about hiring a personal trainer. My main motivation is because I think that my workout is just all over the place, and I want to make it a more effective and efficient workout.

I talked to a PT at my gym, and he said that's what he does. But I really only want to see him once, because I'm poor. I don't know how realistic it is of me to expect to get a retooled workout out of one session. It kind of seems to me that PTs are more of an ongoing thing, sort of?

Also, maybe I should just stop being (intellectually) lazy, and do the research for myself to figure out what a good workout routine for me would be.

Are personal trainers worth the cost, even if you only go once? And what can I reasonably expect to get out of one session?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Have you spent some time looking around the internet? If it's just a program you're after, there are a ton of options for you. If you're looking for coaching in a bunch of lifts, then sure, hands-on can be a big help, but probably not in one session.

What are you doing now, and what are your specific goals?

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

I don't know if I have much advice in the way of if you should bother only doing one session, but if you decide not to or if it doesn't work out like you had hoped, message me. I'm about to become a trainer and would love to have someone to practice making workout plans for. I need all the experience I can get.

Sweet! Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

Have you spent some time looking around the internet? If it's just a program you're after, there are a ton of options for you. If you're looking for coaching in a bunch of lifts, then sure, hands-on can be a big help, but probably not in one session.

What are you doing now, and what are your specific goals?

I think too much internetting might be my problem! Everything seems like a good idea, but I don't know how to get where I want to go.

My 'profession' that I'm training for is Druid/Scout.... Assassin-ish.

Goals- I want to be able to run 10ks fairly regularly, and increase my strength and flexibility so that I can do some hardcore yoga poses and learn pole dancing.

Right now I'm run/walking 4.25 miles a day, biking about 10 miles a day, and doing as much yoga as possible. I was doing 5-10 hours a week, but I started slacking since I started lifting weights in the last two or three weeks. I started doing squats, bench press, pendlay rows/barbell rows consistently with other dumbell stuff inconsistently.

I feel like that's just all over the place. Meh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!