Forums are back in action! ×

Introducing myself to the group

Hello everyone,

I have been an on again, off again fitness person for the last few years (ok, 10 years). Hoping to stay on from now on. I joined the Academy this morning and am still going through the mindset quests. I am here because I don't have a community where I can share my goals and progress/seek support/offer support/etc.

My goals are to continue to get stronger (I have been doing strong lifts but just shifted down to core workouts (squat/rows/deadlift/presses) at lower weights/more sets/reps; to lose weight - my diet is not 90% clean, so hoping to do that to help lose about 50 lbs.

I want to start feeling proud of how I look and to feel strong. Lose the belly, get more flexible. But I am starting with diet. I let my "cheat" days get the best of me and they turn into weeks. I have no more junk in the house (well gummy bears). And I have made a plan to pre-plan and pack meals for the next month, sort of an advanced tracking.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I am not personally a member of the Academy, but I believe they have a facebook account you can join.  This is a separate entity but of course is all under the umbrella of Nerd Fitness.

Most of the community works on building good habits and destroying bad ones by developing goals for a 4-week challenge.  We have just started the first week of the current challenge and its a great way to get the accountability you want. It's recommended to do your first challenge with the Rebels over here; and Spezzy has made this super-awesome walkthrough to set up your challenge if you are so inclined.

There are plenty of other avenues to be involved in an accountability groups; please ask any questions you have and reach out to Guild Leaders/Ambassadors if you have any Guild specific questions (I'm sure they won't mind general questions either come to think of it).

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

On 8/14/2017 at 3:36 PM, love2the9s said:

Hello everyone,

I have been an on again, off again fitness person for the last few years (ok, 10 years). Hoping to stay on from now on. I joined the Academy this morning and am still going through the mindset quests. I am here because I don't have a community where I can share my goals and progress/seek support/offer support/etc.

My goals are to continue to get stronger (I have been doing strong lifts but just shifted down to core workouts (squat/rows/deadlift/presses) at lower weights/more sets/reps; to lose weight - my diet is not 90% clean, so hoping to do that to help lose about 50 lbs.

I want to start feeling proud of how I look and to feel strong. Lose the belly, get more flexible. But I am starting with diet. I let my "cheat" days get the best of me and they turn into weeks. I have no more junk in the house (well gummy bears). And I have made a plan to pre-plan and pack meals for the next month, sort of an advanced tracking.

Thanks for reading!

Hello Rebel! How was your first week in the Academy? Good for you cleaning the junk food out of your house - that's a tough thing to do but it really helps! :) 

Are you using a software to track your meals? Or something a bit less structured? 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers