Forums are back in action! ×

Shoulder burning during pull ups

Hello fellow rebels.

I've been doing assisted pull ups/chin ups for a while now. About 1.5 weeks ago, I went from 80 lbs assistance to 70 lbs assistance on a chin up. I did 2 and felt a hot searing pain in my left shoulder (deltoid muscle). I immediately stopped. I did some assisted dips (without incident) and went back to assisted pull ups at 90lbs. The burn/pain was still there. I gave up on them for the day.

I've not done them for about a week and a half and during that time, I have not felt the burn/pain in any other movement including when doing lat pulldowns. I tried them again this morning and the burn/pain was still happening. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix this? I thought resting it and starting back up at a higher level assistance would do it. I'm going to try doing chair assisted pull ups tonight and see if I can feel it on those. I'm hoping that it's just the angle my shoulder is at on the assisted machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Star-Shine