Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for motivation and support

Hi (I'm a bit nervous for some reason)

everyone here is so postive i feel bad for spreading my negativity. But here it goes...

i'm not really that fat but i hate the way i look (65kg - 159cm - 19yo) and i've been working out to lose weight since for ever. I lose weight. Stop exercising. Get fat again. I wanna break this cycle. But i got tired and bored of doing the sane thing over and over. I used to stick to my plan for ATLEAST a month. Now i bearly last a week. I don't eat cuz I'm too tired (or lazy?) to make me a healthy meal. So i end up eating junk food. 

Now i'm trying to start over again. I started last week but i got sick a couble of days ago so that held me up a liitle but i hope i can get back tomorrow. 

I cant go to the gym so i workout at  home. I'm starting (hopefully) tomorrow with a 4 week challenge from fit by amy youtube channel. And a new easy diet plan i made. I might update on how it goes here (i dont know where to put the updates tho)

so i thought maybe all i needed is a little support and motivation to keep me going and found this website. Its hard to get up and workout especially at home. And it gets really boring (which is what makes me stop mid way) Im really tired of my self and i want to change!!

if you have any advice of how to make my work out fun. Or any kind of advice. Please tell me 

and thank you for reading 

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Let's see, making exercise fun and varied...

There are a bunch of themed workouts on the NerdFitness blog (Zelda, Wolverine, etc.). Some of those involve level-up progressions, so you can do them for a while without doing all the same thing, and you eventually "beat" them and can move on without guilt. There are mini-challenges in the individual guilds that you could take part in. There are also PvP challenges, if competing against other people would help keep  you motivated. You could also try different kinds of exercise to mix it up, depending on your goals: cycling, jump rope, shovelglove, ,climbing things in the park, messing around with rings, etc. Darebee (I think it is; there may be others, too) posts a daily fitness challenge to try. There are card games that generate workouts, too - someone was using those last challenge and I saw one on Kickstarter recently. If you have a regular circuit that you do, these little bits of variety can help spice it up, too.

It might help to set some sort of goal that can be achieved short-term, so that you have a reason to work out, something you're aiming for. Like, I want to be able to run all the way down my street without stopping. Or, to do 10 pushups in a row. Or climb the tree in my backyard. Then you can plan how to get there, and as you see progress you might feel more motivated to keep going.

I hope something here clicks with you! Working out isn't fun all of the time, it's true, like everything else in life. You can complain sometimes. It's fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for replying so fast 

wow i didn't know about these level up things. Just reading about it kinda made me excited to try it out. It look like a game. I love it. And I'll check the other challenges out they look really exciting 

I'll add short term goals too. All my goals right now are long term 

Thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️

Welcome to the Rebellion Amanda!

https://darebee.com/, as mentioned, provides daily dares as well as themed workout plans that can help keep the excitement level up and add the variety to a workout you may be looking for. If nerdiness is your thing; dig through the workouts to find your nerddom (there's workouts with titles like Avengers, Link, Black Widow, and many more; I had thought there was a collection of them on the site but I am not able to find it right now).

As for where to put updates, that will be up to you if you want to log it in your Daily Battle Log or create a 4-week challenge. We are currently about to wrap up the second week, but that shouldn't stop you from creating a thread with the Rebels (our recommended guild to complete your first 4-week challenge following Spezzy's super-awesome-walkthrough)

There are plenty of avenues to be involved in the NF community; don't be afraid to ask further questions as we would love to help and see you accomplish your goals!

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray