Forums are back in action! ×

OK, so I am 34 years old, I am happily married, have a great son who is 17 months old and always thought I was in pretty good shape. I always wanted to get stronger (one day) but I don’t seem to put any weight on so that must mean I am healthy right?

That is until last week, chatting with one of my colleagues, Sam. You don’t know Sam, but he is a nice guy and not the kind of person to wind me up. And after telling me about his weekend, he then says ‘Have you seen that new Captain America film Rob?’

‘No, is it any good?’

‘Its great, but you have you see it, he looks just like you!’

Secretly smiling to myself, thinking yes perhaps I could be mistaken for that champion defender of liberty I say ‘Really?’

‘Yeah, right near the beginning, just before they put him in this machine that makes him all buff….’

And the thing is, he wasn’t joking. The next 5 minutes were filled with Sam finding a picture on his phone of the actor when he is thin as a RAKE, and even more strange was he does actually look a bit like me.

And there you have it. I am like a superhero, before he becomes a superhero. Which struck a chord as I have been occasionally reading this site for weeks now. Like I said… I will get stronger ‘one day’…

So today is my first day. I currently weigh 136 lbs, I don’t have any machine to make me all buff, but I have just done me an Angry Birds workout in my lunchbreak….

Welcome.

Eat until you are physically sick, each and every meal.

Do not eat processed foods. Children in elementary school should be able to read/pronounce and know what all the ingredients in each thing you eat are.

Weight lift.

Eat half meat half veggies every meal.

Everything is better covered in mayonnaise... even if it isn't.

Whatever you eat can be wraped in bacon. Do you feel like your going to throw up? No? Good that means you can eat more.

It should be difficult to lift your plate.

If you can drink milk. Good. That means you can, and will, drink one gallon a day.

Check out starting strength. Free copy online somewhere.

Keep posting, glad to have you.

Welcome to the Rebellion, Robster! That's an interesting start, now you have a goal to work towards! We have plenty of resources here and plenty of answers from many different backgrounds for anything you might need, Don't hesitate to ask! and I'll see you around.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey guys thanks for all your replies! And yes, i am liking the soind of that diet Ryan! Part of my routine will be carrying all that bacon back from the shops... :-)

I will post up my routin so far once i have got it sorted in google docs, thanks for all the encouragement guys!