Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everyone!

I've been a member of Nerd Fitness Academy for around 2 years already but I've never actually followed through with any of the goals until now nor have I ever participated in any of the forums so I'd thought I'd give it a try.

I'm 29 years old and I don't struggle with my weight at the moment but I've taken up some really bad eating habits over the past few years that have made me feel lethargic and it's had an adverse effect on my quality of life.  I took up a gym membership about a year and a half ago and I was on a pretty good (but not super strict routine).  Then in about August 2016 I injured my lower back.  Nothing serious but it required me to go to PT and Chiropractic appointments.  Long story short, I have not been very disciplined in doing the exercises and I'm tired of feeling so weak.  I used to take weight training in high school and I loved how I felt when I was in shape and I really want that feeling back.

So I've decided to make small incremental changes (the Nerd Fitness motto) to my habits over time and I think I'm off to a really good start.  The thing that I struggle with is how to stay on track and what can be used as a tracking method to ensure that progress is actually being made.  I'm an assistant PM so I know how to organize information and put together an action plan in writing but the thing that I always manage to struggle with is actually translating what's in writing to ACTION.

Any insight that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to future discussions on this forum.

Thank you!

Hey. 

Create the plan. Make it not particularly ambitious to start with, and easy enough to hit it. Execute it, aim for streaks of success. It is a habit. Good luck!

my journey to kickass-dom

E1RM: SQ: 130.9kg (Jul18); BP: 103.2kg (Aug18); DL: 150kg (Jun18); 
FSQ: 103.2kg (May18); OHP: 66.9kg (Dec17); PP: 72.5kg (Jul18)
2.4km/Cooper's Test: (10:22, Jun18)
Vitals: 40 yo, 1.7m, 74kg (Jul18)

Hi! I have made pretty significant life changes (in my early 20's I was 50lbs overweight and very inactive....but 5 years later I was running marathons) and totally agree with the advice above. Radical life changes are hard to maintain. Incremental change is where it's at. I really like setting goals and tracking progress using a kaizen type worksheet (this is the template that I modified to suit my purpose) in Google docs but find what works for you! 

Good luck!

level 7 ranger | battle log | challenges: 1