Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

Glad to meet ya. I stumbled on nerdfitness looking for a workout I could do from home without any equipment, because I have a busy life and leaving the house is complicated.

I'm a nerd and a mother of 2. Sport has never been my thing, I've always been bad at it because I'm weak. Can't run fast, can't throw far, can't jump high. I've never been on a diet in my life, I spent most of it eating whatever I wanted, but in small quantities. I wasn't overweight until recently. I gained 8 kilos in the last 6 months, leading me to this website to get this weight thing under control before it turns too bad.

So I turned out here and read lots of articles, and I realized... I don't want to lose weight. I mean, I do want my clothes to fit again, but what I *really* want is to be strong! At least stronger than I am now... I've always wanted that, I just never thought I could achieve it. And now nerdfitness almost convinced me that I can.

So here I am. I've started making some changes in my diet (less carbs, more protein, and no more snacking between meals), and I'm on my way to mastering the beginner bodyweight workout.

21 hours ago, Aline said:

So I turned out here and read lots of articles, and I realized... I don't want to lose weight. I mean, I do want my clothes to fit again, but what I *really* want is to be strong! At least stronger than I am now... I've always wanted that, I just never thought I could achieve it. And now nerdfitness almost convinced me that I can.

You are definitely in the right place! The leader of the Rangers, Tanktimus the Encourager, has talked to us a lot this year about becoming "anti-fragile", mentally and physically. It's more than just lifting weights; it's becoming adaptable, resilient, creative, and physically fit for whatever might come your way. Sounds like this is an idea that might resonate with you! :) 

I'm so glad you've found your way here and I'm excited to hear how everything goes! Your diet changes sound great and the beginner bodyweight workout is a wonderful place to start. Keep us posted on how your first week goes!!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

You are definitely in the right place! The leader of the Rangers, Tanktimus the Encourager, has talked to us a lot this year about becoming "anti-fragile", mentally and physically. It's more than just lifting weights; it's becoming adaptable, resilient, creative, and physically fit for whatever might come your way. Sounds like this is an idea that might resonate with you! :)

It does!

I'm doing my best right now to introduce meaningful changes that don't complicate my life, because things that complicate my life will crumble when I'm overworked, depressed or exhausted. And when the things that make me better crumble, I sink lower and lower. I want to make sure that doesn't happen next time my life becomes difficult.

For the first time I feel like I'm finding good advice to achieve just that.

Thank you so much for cheering me on! I think I'll create one of those 'daily battle logs' to keep track of what I'm doing :-)

• Like 1