Forums are back in action! ×

6 weeks 5 sets of 5 with 15 on the bottom (6th set) killing it!!!

Me 5 11 210 lbs been bulking for 3 months.  Started the 5 of 5 4 weeks ago with a 1 rep max of 250 lbs. and a 2 rep max at 245.  Feeling GREAT going into week 5 having just destroyed my last routine doing 5 reps of 250! Progression has been week 1 starting at 195 x5, 205 215 225 235 with 185 on the bottom 6th set for 15 reps going up 5 lbs a week. That's sunday with incline bench, dumb bell press and cables to finish off.  Repeat on Tuesday where I always fail top and bottom by 2 reps respectively.  Then thursdays medium and light days combined into 1 day with 7 sets. Doing 3 sets at 60 % one rep max EXPLOSIVELY, and 80 % ORM as hard as safely possible to finish off the exercise.  

I have to say every week I complete the last set of 5 I always think "Holy shit it worked!"  This is not sustainable for the long run but for 6 weeks it's a great morale boost and gets you ready to take on different muscle groups just as aggressively! (But safely)!