Forums are back in action! ×

I want to share my Big WHY here and gain my 40xp. So here goes:

My Big WHY!?

I'm embarking upon this journey because:

• I want to look into the mirror and be proud of what I see.

I see these pictures in the tabloids of men - tall, lithe, healthy and supposedly handsome, and I see how man is destined to be. I also find no reason to not sculpt such a "home" for myself. I want to be someone I'd fall in love with, if I were from the opposite sex. I have this image of me - tall, lithe, healthy and handsome whilst possessing the same kind and loving heart that I possess today. I look at myself today and see a body wasting away: fat bulging out of my abdomen and neck, weak and emotional and I don't want to be a part of such a life-story anymore. I want to be strong, stoic, kind and loving. I am going to love myself again - a tough kind of love, an understanding kind of love, a never-give-up kind of love…. A true love. It is only when I love myself in this way, and meet my health goals, can I hope to love another with the same strength and maturity.

• I want to be biologically fit and able to bear children with my significant other, and be a (physically and mentally) strong husband and parent

I want to have a family of my own - a little girl or son that I call my own… I want to have a loving wife who adores me - which can only happen when I love and respect myself first.

• Like 1

More xp!!!

I want to share my Epic Quests that are related to the goals I have set for myself (Point B):

Point B:

• I am somebody who doesn't allow OCD from affecting progress towards my goals
  • I am somebody who has at least one home-cooked, healthy meal a day and no-longer crave fast food, grains, junk food and sugar.
  • I am somebody who:
    • Weighs 180lbs with <10% body fat
    • Bench-presses 225lbs (1-3 reps)
    • Squats 315lbs (1-3 reps)
    • Dead-lifts 405lbs (1-3 reps)
    • Completes 50 push-ups, 50 pull-ups and holds a 3min. Plank on any given day
  • I am somebody who will earn his black belt at Aikido before the age of 50

To achieve this I shall:

• Eat healthy food at all times and postpone cravings for junk food, grains and fast food
  • Practise rule 8: never miss two in a row, in unavoidable circumstances and not allow OCD to regress on my progress
  • Sleep 56hrs. a week
  • Train at least 6hrs./week (4-6 sessions a week)
On 9/12/2017 at 5:50 PM, vinayakdshenoy said:

Point B:

• I am somebody who doesn't allow OCD from affecting progress towards my goals
  • I am somebody who has at least one home-cooked, healthy meal a day and no-longer crave fast food, grains, junk food and sugar.
  • I am somebody who:
    • Weighs 180lbs with <10% body fat
    • Bench-presses 225lbs (1-3 reps)
    • Squats 315lbs (1-3 reps)
    • Dead-lifts 405lbs (1-3 reps)
    • Completes 50 push-ups, 50 pull-ups and holds a 3min. Plank on any given day
  • I am somebody who will earn his black belt at Aikido before the age of 50

You should consider joining the warriors instead of the rangers, we like lifting A LOT. ;) 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, vinayakdshenoy said:

I have been considering it. ;-) I chose "ranger" because being a jack of all trades suits the kinda personality I am. That said, looking at my goals, being a warrior may make more sense.

I'm not trying to be a ranger-stealer. But you will find a lot of like  minded people in the Warriors with lots of helpful tips around lifting and lots of moral support for your goals. And we don't only lift, it's just the primary focus. Like lifting is my #1 thing, but hiking is my #2. A lot of us have secondary focus' beyond just our bench/squat/deadlift. 

If you are interested in joining us for a challenge (or just checking things out), you can find us here: 

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/699-warriors/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the Warriors! We love lifting, but we love life in all kinds of flavors. What distinguishes the Warriors is often attention to a set training plan and dietary tracking, while making lifting and recovery a high priority. Other guilds watch their diet and follow a training plan, its true, but we like to think that we're the most obsessed. 

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

On 9/14/2017 at 2:13 PM, vinayakdshenoy said:

Well, you know what - you've convinced me. Also; I had first chosen to become a warrior and becoming a ranger was the after-thought (inspired by the 300 example for the rangers - but then, weren't they warriors?).

.... Changing avataars.....

FABULOUS :D 

If you are interested in doing a challenge, you can start your first one here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/727-level-1-first-time-challengers/ 

Or jump right in with the warriors here: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/699-warriors/ 

• Thanks 1