Forums are back in action! ×

Best Interval Training for Nerd Parents

mmhorgan2001

Today I invented the next big thing in Interval training. All you need is your kids!!!

If any nerd parents want a great workout here what to do. Put your kids in their wagon and tell them that they're going to play Red Light, Green Light with you. The kids ride in the wagon and call our red, green, or yellow light. You get to either rest, run, or walk while pulling (nearly 60 extra lbs in my case) extra weight. Totally random intervals. Although if you're kids are like mine, they like the speed.

I might try and sell this on late night tv....

Brilliant! Wish I had thought of that (or been even moderately interested in this stuff) when my kids were little enough to be willing to go in a wagon -- they're 11 and 9 now, and would have NoneOfThat.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Brilliant! Wish I had thought of that (or been even moderately interested in this stuff) when my kids were little enough to be willing to go in a wagon -- they're 11 and 9 now, and would have NoneOfThat.

But they would make a more intense workout!

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

But they would make a more intense workout!

Yes, indeed they would. Instead, these days, I put them on my back and carry them up the stairs (at bedtime, when they're complaining they're too tired to climb the stairs themselves). ~80 lbs each (I carry only one at a time).

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Guest Tigger
i need to buy a wagon... perhaps a wheelbarrow will do (excepting potential spills of the precious cargo of course)

My dad did this to me all the time with no spills when I was little :) It was great fun for me and it got me to work in the garden when I was little!

I use my two-year old as a free weight often, its easier when he doesn't squirm but I usually get about 5-8 giggling reps of 25 wiggly pounds.

~Havock
N7 Lycan. Scout at heart, training with the Rangers.

{Level 1} STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

I use my two-year old as a free weight often, its easier when he doesn't squirm but I usually get about 5-8 giggling reps of 25 wiggly pounds.

My Wife and I both do it too - Squats with a 50lb kid on your back, or pushups with a giggly 20lb'r, curls, Overhead press - the kids love it!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Archived