Forums are back in action! ×

It's all been done before...

Hello Rebellion,
I am hoping to keep this pretty short. Let's see how I do:

I'm 26, engaged and living with my partner, struggling to find a job that feels like a career (or at least does more than just pay the bills). I've been overweight forever (not an exaggeration). I've tried many things to rectify this, but I usually get sick or some other issue and do not keep to whatever the current plan is.

Things I'm doing differently this time:

-Trying this "paleo" thing : with a mindframe of "what I can eat" rather than "what I can't eat"
-Accountability: reaching on these forums, trying to talk to my fiancee and family about it... sort of.

-Motivation/Purpose: before I even started making changes this time around, I made of list of all the reasons why I want to make these changes (future [wedding, kids], current [confidence, keeping up with my nephews], fitness [canoeing, rock climbing, gymnastic rings], and other littler things)

-Kicking the diet soda habit: maybe for good? maybe caffeine all together? .... let's just say it's negotiable

So far, I'm a week in on the "move more" plan and three days on the "diet" (the food kind, not the restriction kind). I won't sing of any successes, but I'm still hopeful, even with my withdrawal-headache.

Looking forward to meeting fellow rebels. Best of ... not luck, let's say, best wishes to all on their journeys. We'll make our own luck.

May the force be with you. Always.