Forums are back in action! ×

So, I must be doing something right :)

don-don

Feeling demoralised over the last few days (see my "what's happening to my abs" thread) I allowed myself to, not so much go astray, but veer a little off course. Nothing too drastic...not engaging 100% in my workouts, also I ate a few slices of bread with butter, a full fat yogurt and some haribo's:beaten:

I thought that I would have stayed the same weight or gained before I weighed myself this afternoon but to my surprise I have lost another 6lbs over the last 9/10 days, taking me to 179 :) A big kick up the ass for me for allowing myself to doubt and for feeling down.

Even when what I so want to happen (tummy fat to go quickly and muscles to start and show themselves) isn't happening quick enough, my body weight is going in the right direction.

Patience is not a virtue of mine, it's something that I NEED to learn and quick :)

So feeling a little happier I tried on some trousers that I haven't comfortably fitted for a few months and I got them on and fastened (still need a little more weight off) I could also clearly see improvements in my hip, bum and thigh area's, so another bonus.

So the moral of my post is don't immediately give up if something doesn't work out - onwards and upwards - stronger and lighter :)

This should be moved to the WOOT room.

Yes, putting on pants and realizing they fit so much better is woot-worthy! I hear you on the patience; I'm starting to get paranoid because my weight has remained the same for the past couple weeks. But we must pay attention not only to the tape measure and the scales, but to small things like clothes fitting better, tighter belt holes, and better posture.

This is the kind of stuff I'm struggling with. I stumbled pretty hard (okay, it was a full-on face plant) a couple of weeks ago, and I beat myself up about it pretty hard. However, I saw the lost progress come back really quickly and I've been inspired to take on some parts of my diet that were getting a little sloppy. Keep on trucking and you'll get there!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Archived