Forums are back in action! ×

Paleo Help

Wkj

Hello and thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Quick background story: When i was a child, i was diagnosed as having an allergy. I kid you not, I was allergic to "Green Growing Things"...So needless to say, i rarely ate my veggies, as they would a) cause a reaction and B) i would throw up anything and everything. (Before I was diagnosed, my parents fed me over the toilet because they knew what was coming). Now, who knows if the Doc was a quack or what, but since that time, 20 some odd years later, I still don't eat veggies, but I (to my knowledge) do not have this allergy anymore.

The problem is I still tend to have a gag reflex to most vegetables, mostly due to the texture, and not the taste. I have even experienced this when eating an apple, though rarely.

I want to get into the Paleo Diet, but have no idea how, or where to begin with such a limited palette. My question to the Rebellion is what vegetables will be the easiest to disguise when cooked into other foods? Usually the crunch gives it away and sends a shock to my brain to close my throat and refuse to swallow any food coming its way.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

-Wkj

Edit: I guess it is too early for me, but I just noticed there is a forum for Paleo. If it's possible for a mod to move this, that would be great.

You could always try with very small amounts of veggies and build up how much you can cope with. I've definitely found my pallette has changed over time, I used to despise brocolli but now I absolutely love it. If the crunch is putting you off try boiling your veggies a bit longer, the longer you boil them the softer they become. You lose some of the nutrition that way but anything is better than nothing. I'm not a huge fan of crunchy veg either can't stand raw/undercooked carrot but will happily eat it if it's nice and soft

I'm in the completely other direction, can't eat veggies if they're not crunchy, but my family like them cooked. What they usually do is put them in the microwave for a few seconds (30-40). It keeps them tasting fresh, but removes all crunchiness. If you cut them up and add them into other food, I don't think they'll be noticeable.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

Mark Twain

Spagetti sauce is good. Puree vegetales and place and tomato sauce and cook some more. Soup would be good. I would start by pureeing the veggies and adding them into the broth.Once you can eat that try adding a veggie and cook it in the soup until super soft. Also pureed carrots and parsnips from this recipe http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4105061950/carrot-parsnip-puree

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived