Forums are back in action! ×

New PR!

Oklibrarian

So here's the deal: I know precisely one other person with my particular wonky plumbing setup. She's about 3 years younger, a bit taller and a lot slimmer. Last night she hops on the treadmill for the first time in 6 months, scores a 15 minute mile. Old me would have started beating myself up about not having worked hard enough over the last 8 months, there would have been wailing, gnashing of teeth, and it would have ended with a therapeutic Sonic Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

Not Anymore.

This morning, I get to the gym. A c25k workout is on the agenda today. I warm up, am feeling pretty frisky. I take a deep breath, and set my interval to 4 mph, low at 3.6... just to see how many I can do.

I do them All. My first mile came in at 16:24, and that included 5 minutes of warmup. New PR, and a glimmer of hope I just might be able to do a sub-50 minute 5k in June. And if I can do that...could I maybe, just maybe, teach my system to run for more than 60 seconds at a stretch?

I don't know if that's hydraulically possible, but I've pulled off some mindboggling stuff in the last 8 months. Watch this space for updates.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Archived