Forums are back in action! ×

Journey of a lifetime

Well hello folks, definitely what you would call a "noob" around here. Always a little difficult to not go overboard with these introduction things so I will do my best to keep it short. First off, hey everybody! I am Andrew. I am 30 years old, 6 feet tall, 273 pounds (was 278 about 12 days ago around when I started the academy). Life seemed great, was with the love of my life, so I thought. What seemed like a very happy and fulfilling relationship with somebody who I was almost damn near sure was the one I would be happy with for the rest of my life. Lo and behold she decided she liked woman instead and metaphorically tossed me in a gutter like trash. Kind of what it felt like. Quickly picked up a bad drinking habit and would keep spiraling till I passed out. Can't feel anything when you're blacked out right? All this happened during the last 2 months of graduate school, trying to finish a thesis and getting out of that nightmare. Only God knows how I made it through graduation (graduated with the highest honors of the college). Despite that tremendous success, depression was still running through me like a bullet train. Shoot ahead a couple of months, figured that shit storm calmed down. Finally got things figured out. I'm a productive member of society, got a roof over my head? Everything's good! Met a perfect woman that turned my world to gold, things were amazing. Then she just left with no explanation. Well that did a lot of good, here comes the bullet train again. Was it something about me? Am I a shit person? Am I good enough for anything? Flash forward a little bit. Here I am! I am 30 year olds, a grown ass man. Of course I'm good enough. Life isn't going to be nice to you all the time. I am taking the reigns on this journey of self improvement on both a mental and physical level. I am extremely happy to be here (after some time researching a bunch of different things). You guys and gals seem like a perfect group of like minded individuals that are non judgmental. We are here to build ourselves and the others around us. Lets get this show on the road and make our goals. 

• Like 1